Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 02:44 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
^^^ Seems bebOp has that issue

I lived in a blue state for years (there's a major exodus going on for I'd say the last 5-6 years).

Talk about missing the point.

We in CA are NOT bitching about paying fair share of taxes.

YOU ARE.

What I demonstrated is that taxes from CA is subsidizing you, and we are not whining about it. You on the other hand, the one who are being subsidized, is complaining about paying fair share.

Old 01-03-2018, 02:45 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Yes, we in CA don't expect to get back every penny but WE ARE NOT the ones bitching about it. You are.

So now we've circled to the original post.

"now plotting to continue funding their high tax gov't and get around paying their fair share to the federal gov't. Kirk Stark, a law prof at the University of CA came up with the idea to donate money to their state gov't, then let the gov't credit those donations against their state income taxes. The donations would qualify as charitable donations, which are still fully deductible on federal taxes. In effect, it preserves the state income tax deduction."

Old 01-03-2018, 02:46 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
^^^ Seems bebOp has that issue

I lived in a blue state for years (there's a major exodus going on for years).
No, you are the one thinking you should personally get it all back.

I lived in one too, and there was no exodus since there were lot of jobs there. As of today, the biggest exoduses are from red States.

Quote:
petch751 a lot of us who work and pay taxes pay more in federal taxes than I'll ever get back.
You might think this is a great tax bill, but millions will be hurting, due to massive tax hikes, especially small businesses such as S-Corps.

Old 01-03-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

I lived in one too, and there was no exodus since there were lot of jobs there. As of today, the biggest exoduses are from red States.

You might think this is a great tax bill, but millions will be hurting, due to massive tax hikes, especially small businesses such as S-Corps.
Oh give it a break silly. I know I'll never get it back.

Last edited by petch751; 01-03-2018 at 02:56 PM..

Old 01-03-2018, 02:50 PM

Quote:
So now we've circled to the original post.

"now plotting to continue funding their high tax gov't and get around paying their fair share to the federal gov't. Kirk Stark, a law prof at the University of CA came up with the idea to donate money to their state gov't, then let the gov't credit those donations against their state income taxes. The donations would qualify as charitable donations, which are still fully deductible on federal taxes. In effect, it preserves the state income tax deduction."
The Dems don't hate the rich.

Most Dems don't like higher taxes.

If you want to refer back to your original post, it is baseless and has no point other than to bash a political group.

Old 01-03-2018, 02:54 PM

Quote:
The Dems don't hate the rich.

Most Dems don't like higher taxes.

If you want to refer back to your original post, it is baseless and has no point other than to bash a political group.

Ok, so today you don't hate the rich. What ever is politically expedient for you I guess.

Old 01-03-2018, 02:56 PM

272 posts, read 134,645 times
Quote:
Talk about missing the point.

We in CA are NOT bitching about paying fair share of taxes.

YOU ARE.

What I demonstrated is that taxes from CA is subsidizing you, and we are not whining about it. You on the other hand, the one who are being subsidized, is complaining about paying fair share.

You arent subsidizing ****. If I get my military benefits its because I serve my country, if you get military benefits because you served

Have you served in the military ?

You want to talk about federal money goes certain places, why are red states and red counties the laregst source for the military?I am not complaining, i dont want anymore metrosexual blue city types in the military but in the end its the red states providing the men

bring back the draft and you will see money much more evenly distributed

Why the U.S. Military Is So Southern | Acumen | OZY

US Military Is Not Representative Of Country - Business Insider

Who Bears the Burden? Demographic Characteristics of U.S. Military Recruits Before and After 9/11 | The Heritage Foundation

Quote:

Did you mean the loss of population is from the blue states? Red states have the largest population gains by far

Old 01-03-2018, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Geez, you drank the kool-aid.

Obama's tax hike hurt small business (it didn't hurt the uber rich) and Dems didn't give a damn about hurting small business S-corps which are pass through and taxed at the owners personal tax rate.

Obama's tax increase hurt small business. Trumps helps and is much better.

Old 01-03-2018, 02:58 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
CA pays more in federal taxes than we get back. We've been subsidizing the red states for generations.

If you want to talk about paying their fair share, it's a conversation that CA is dying to have. I don't know what state you live in, but if it's a red state chances are I'm subsidizing you.

More mega-corporations are located in California than the typical state. Shouldn't they have to pay some corporate income tax or would you advocate eliminating corporate income taxes to help even out the disparity you lament?

In terms of money going to red states, blue voters even within red states are more likely to be on federal government social programs. Democrats win the demographics most likely to be on welfare - single mothers, blacks, poor, high school drop out, etc...

The elderly on social security are more likely to retire south.

Red states are more likely to have military installations of size for climate reasons.

Old 01-03-2018, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Ok, so today you don't hate the rich. What ever is politically expedient for you I guess.
This is one of the most often repeated lies spread by the right-wing. We don't hate the rich, we only hate the rich who start university scam, defraud people, not pay contractors or otherwise obtain their wealth by breaking the law or by using other unfair practices.

We have no problems with guys like Buffet, Musk, Zuckerberg, etc. Liberals are for companies who really help the economy.

Right-wings on the other hand, seem to like hedge funds, old money, coal companies, and other businesses that make money by either destroying the earth or by moving money around without contributing much to society.

Why would liberals hate the rich? The majority of liberals live in the riches states in the country. So we hate ourselves??? Only a right-winger would think that makes sense.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies