Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2019, 08:16 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Over 80% of taxpayers got a tax cut, not just "the very rich."
I tried to find where you got that figure -- its late I gave up.

BUT -- reality--- For all the boasting about the tax cut for many Americans the take home wasn'st significant enough to justify the total cost to the budget.

If you look at Trump's proposed cuts to Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security in his budget -- it's about what the tax cuts were proposed to cost -- which suggests we were given with one hand and then taken away with another.

Reality --- politico poll shows Biden up 8 points over Trump -- the week he decides to campaign, coming off of all that bad press about his invading personal space.

The economy is great -- if Americans are feeling it -- that should not be the poll result.

I believe that Trump made too much of the tax cuts. I believe too much of the tax cut focused on corporations -- that don't pay the real tax rate anyways.

Of all the things Trump has done -- the tax cut for individuals was the best. No knocking that.

It just didn't impact folks the way he implied it would. I know the base is so proud...but it doesn't matter how strongly you feel your position improved. If most Americans aren't feeling it -- then they aren't feeling it.

Old 04-29-2019, 09:21 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Actually watching leftwing media is where the proof is.
They talk about how bad it is if they talk about it at all.
Nonsense!

Old 04-30-2019, 09:50 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Steady as she goes !!!

Consumer confidence snaps back in April, pointing to steadily growing economy

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/con...dist=bigcharts

Worker pay, benefits climb steadily in early 2019, ECI shows, but they’re not soaring

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/wor...dist=bigcharts

Old 04-30-2019, 10:38 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,286,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I tried to find where you got that figure -- its late I gave up.

BUT -- reality--- For all the boasting about the tax cut for many Americans the take home wasn'st significant enough to justify the total cost to the budget.
It sounds like you did find the figure but simply don't care because Orange Man Bad.

Most people got a tax cut. Rich got a bigger cut dollars wise because they make way more money than you, hence calling them rich. Simple fact is, you likely got a tax cut, but don't like it because Trump gave it you.

Old 04-30-2019, 12:09 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
It sounds like you did find the figure but simply don't care because Orange Man Bad.

Most people got a tax cut. Rich got a bigger cut dollars wise because they make way more money than you, hence calling them rich. Simple fact is, you likely got a tax cut, but don't like it because Trump gave it you.
So go ahead and post a link that shows that over 80% of taxpayers got a tax cut - as Fleet has claimed. I find links PREDICTING that, but I haven't seen one that actually shows that that actually happened. I find plenty of links showing that 65% of middle-class taxpayers got a cut, but I have seen any real evidence that indicate that over 80% of taxpayers overall got a tax cut. So go ahead and show us that - if you can. Or Fleet - show us yourself - if you can.

Ken

Old 04-30-2019, 10:58 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,147,283 times
When is that crash coming? Do the dems have anymore "experts" to parrot?

Old 05-01-2019, 02:03 PM

Oh my !!!

stock market is enjoying the best year in decades — but a bullish pattern suggests it’s just warming up
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the...dist=bigcharts

A bullish chart pattern, known as an inverse head and shoulders, is cropping up in a number of assets and indexes in recent trade and suggests that the broader equity market may have more room to run beyond its current record levels, according to Asbury Research.

Old 05-01-2019, 02:09 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Oh my !!!

stock market is enjoying the best year in decades — but a bullish pattern suggests it’s just warming up
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the...dist=bigcharts

A bullish chart pattern, known as an inverse head and shoulders, is cropping up in a number of assets and indexes in recent trade and suggests that the broader equity market may have more room to run beyond its current record levels, according to Asbury Research.

"Inverse head and shoulders"? Sounds good. But what do the tea leaves show?

Old 05-01-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
"Inverse head and shoulders"? Sounds good. But what do the tea leaves show?
If they are tea leaves in the democrats possession they will show holes from insects.

In the finer tea rooms of the Trump party they will be the greatest of tea leaves.

Naturally, and organic too.

Old 05-01-2019, 02:56 PM

20,871 posts, read 9,541,930 times
The inverse head and shoulders patterns on that link look like they've already gone up to their previous highs, or close. That is, the right side of the pattern has already been mostly completed. Which means that the observation is dated. That's something you would have wanted to call a couple months ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies