Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2019, 08:28 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I don't hate Trump or you, and pretty much all the money I have made that now allows me a comfortable retirement where I want to live has never had anything to do with those sorts of emotions that you forever put on display here. Give it a rest already...

I have little respect for Trump and his ways, however, for all the reasons I can easily justify, just like I can pretty easily justify my comments in this thread as well as others. If I can't justify my opinion about something, I don't express an opinion about that something. Simple as that.

Few of my comments, if you were to bother considering them like an adult, have much to do with Trump as a rule. My focus is on the actual reasons for the market/economic ups and downs we have been experiencing since long before you fell in love with Trump. You're the one that's all about Trump, not me, and that's why you tend to get all the criticism you get from me and others in this thread of yours.

Again, simple as that.
Just b/c I support what Trump does you describe it as being in love with him. That doesn't bother me like you think it must. I'd rater be noted for my love than for the hate and hateful false comments blaming the President for everything.

Its as simple as that.

Fed's Powell seems to have come around to Trump's line of thinking also.

Powell says Fed is ‘watching and waiting’ on interest rates
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/pow...dist=bigcharts

Old 01-10-2019, 10:03 PM

672 posts, read 256,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
This is true. Traders made a quick 10% since 12/24 - but the market almost stalled today and is still close to 3000 points BELOW its 2018 high. It's bumping a ceiling - has basically been drifting down, with lower highs and lower lows - been doing that since February 2018. No one has confidence in this 'rally.' Next week companies begin to report earnings - if future guidance remains murky because of tariffs, market will sell off again. It's a great time to be a trader - sell short or buy long and be nimble. If you're a long-term investor, close your eyes and ignore volatility because portfolios can lose huge sums in a day - and keep losing incrementally over time. They did all last year.

The ballooning deficit and continued quantitative easing resulting in less liquidity, more than interest rates, remain long-term enemies of market health. Tariffs only exacerbate the deficits by further reducing revenues. It will take years to repair the damage inflicted by the stupidly-implemented tariffs.

How any sane investor can have any confidence their investments will hold value with wrecking ball Trump and his clowns at the helm is beyond me. Yes, markets have ups and downs, but previously, we've had sane, intelligent, normal people as presidents, so one could assume the market would recover. Not now.

And, a shutdown which goes on much longer will begin to affect market confidence, as well. Just one more piece of evidence of CIC incompetence and ignorance - as if we don't have enough already.
I'm a former FINRA licensed Series 3 commodities broker. I'm pretty sure I've forgotten more about how the market works than the OP ever knew. He's been spouting off simpleton responses all through this thread.

This market has been running on the vapors since Trump was elected. The screw everyone but the top .01% tax give away drove it to the former highs. Once the Orange Baboon started his tariff man rhetoric people are looking to sell it short.

Old 01-11-2019, 04:41 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet619 View Post
I'm a former FINRA licensed Series 3 commodities broker. I'm pretty sure I've forgotten more about how the market works than the OP ever knew. He's been spouting off simpleton responses all through this thread.

This market has been running on the vapors since Trump was elected. The screw everyone but the top .01% tax give away drove it to the former highs. Once the Orange Baboon started his tariff man rhetoric people are looking to sell it short.
So many on here are experts on markets. I never claimed to be one and offer no advice. I fact I've made it clear that no one should do what I do in the stock market.

What is also common among the left here is the group think and demonization of Trump and false claims on taxes.

So why don't the experts on the left tell us what the democrats tax ideas and policies and actions will do to make the markets go up ? Make the case that in a consumer driven economy the less money people have as a result of higher taxes the better the economy will do. Love to hear about it. Keep it simple. Not everyone here is an expert on pork bellies even if they may occasionally eat bacon.

Here is what they are doing recently and it gives a good idea where they are going.

House Democrats Change Rules to Make It Easier to Raise Take
https://freebeacon.com/politics/hous...r-raise-taxes/

Pelosi and Neal initially proposed keeping the three-fifths supermajority rule for income tax increases "on the lowest-earning 80 percent of taxpayers." That notion, however, met stern opposition from Ocasio-Cortez and other progressives because it would severely constrain the ability of House Democrats to find new revenue sources to fund measures like universal health care and free college tuition.
Pelosi Mulls Super-majority Rule For Tax Hikes On Bottom 80%

House Democrats' new rules: Here's what they want to change
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ge/2464493002/

House Dems Cave To Progressive Faction By Scrapping Rule To Cut
https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/12/d...x-rule-change/

Last edited by phma; 01-11-2019 at 04:52 AM..

Old 01-11-2019, 10:29 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,729,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

Ah, um er... I do believe the topic is um er ah... 24k.

Waa! Shift divert

Oh, but since you mention it, how productive is that new House of yours along with Cryin' Chuck?

Completely worthless? Oh that's right.
Not sure what's worse, the emotion and drama or "waa" emoji child play, but "shift divert?" Really?

Have you followed this thread at all?

Not my house in any case but anyone not entirely in line with Trump's wants and needs is having a hard time being productive these days, as even more and more Republicans are experiencing (as they leave the White House in unprecedented fashion).

Right. Never mind any of all that going on and/or who said they would be more than glad to take responsibility for this ongoing shutdown.

Talk about your "shift divert" AKA head where the Sun don't shine.

Old 01-11-2019, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Just b/c I support what Trump does you describe it as being in love with him. That doesn't bother me like you think it must. I'd rater be noted for my love than for the hate and hateful false comments blaming the President for everything.

Its as simple as that.

Fed's Powell seems to have come around to Trump's line of thinking also.

Powell says Fed is ‘watching and waiting’ on interest rates
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/pow...dist=bigcharts
Yes, something like observing a girl with a mad crush on a boy but not willing to admit she's in love with him. I mean review your thread title, all your comments and then act like you are not emotionally driven. If that emotion isn't love, I don't know what it is, but it's obsessive whatever it is...

Again, I haven't been "blaming the President for everything!" In fact, I've been trying to point out how Trump is not the reason for all that you think he is, good or bad.

Now too this about Powell? Who cannot be fired by Trump BTW, gives two bits about what Trump thinks? Powell, as widely reported, is not on auto-pilot. Powell is appropriately adjusting Fed policy to the changing economic scenario as he is paid to do. You are now going to give Trump credit for what Powell does right too, and of course when things go south, we'll be back to blaming Powell, right? Everyone but Trump?

I know you will double down with more of this nonsense just like Trump likes to do, and boy does it get old...

Old 01-11-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet619 View Post

Go back. Go back! Get out while you still can!

This is no place for anyone who leans toward the realm of reality...

Old 01-11-2019, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The stock market just got off to its best start in 13 years
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the...dist=bigcharts

A late-session rally helped to solidify Thursday’s gains, coming after investors digested comments from Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell, who pronounced at the Economic Club in Washington on Thursday afternoon that the economy is in good health

Dow and S&P 500 escape correction territory after 5-day stock-market surge
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/dow...dist=bigcharts

President Trump is absolutely the greatest on the economy. The US economy is the best in the world
As you continue wildly waving your pom poms at this Trump rally of a thread, I want to thank you for confirming what most of us fear about die-hard Trump supporters. Truly a marvel to observe...

Old 01-11-2019, 02:01 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,100,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
As you continue wildly waving your pom poms at this Trump rally of a thread, I want to thank you for confirming what most of us fear about die-hard Trump supporters. Truly a marvel to observe...
Trumpies are why God created short sellers.

Old 01-11-2019, 02:15 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Auch......unfortunately not unexpected.

Sales of new homes plunge by nearly 20 percent

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...ent/ar-BBS7tkL

Sales of newly built homes fell 18 percent in December compared with December of 2017, according to data compiled by John Burns Real Estate Consulting, a California-based housing research and analytics firm.

Old 01-11-2019, 02:40 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
I missed the one year anniversary of this thread....but my portfolio didn't.

A year later - when, if current trends had continued, we should be at about 28K Dow.
Instead we are at 24K - which represents a shortfall in the many trillions of dollars.

But, all is well. If we don't look - we won't see.

20% off from a year ago? Wow.....as I noted long ago, when the stock market makes our portfolios look smaller, we don't feel as flush. That's a massive decrease...and coming off some other numbers which were record lows (September).

When am I going to get my Trump payoff? I want my better and cheaper health care for all. I want Mexico to pay for our security. I want China to stop making stuff for US Companies. I want. I want. But I'm not getting. It appears that my words aren't working....just like the bigly words of the Potus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies