Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2020, 08:42 AM

10,927 posts, read 4,420,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
-900 now! Sit tight people. It will come back next year with President Bloomberg.
Why, does Bloomberg know how to stop coronavirus?
Also, does Bloomberg even know how to beat Sanders?
Bloomberg is the most unconvincing candidate in American history.....and the biggest failure ever - spending all that money and still losing.

Old 02-27-2020, 08:43 AM

12,992 posts, read 9,715,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The liberals cheering on a market crash due to a killer virus are a sick lot indeed.
I know of no liberals anywhere cheering, are you even serious. This thing affect all of us, no matter what your politics. This is serious stuff going on right now, and all you have better to worry about is who cheering.
I believe it's you, worrying about this making Trump look bad, that's your real issue.

Old 02-27-2020, 08:49 AM

45,675 posts, read 24,119,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The liberals cheering on a market crash due to a killer virus are a sick lot indeed.
Nobody is cheering. You made that up. You are lying. You have a story in your head you like to keep.

Nobody is cheering just being real.

Just like the media reporting the facts -- how many points the stocks are down, how many people with the virus, dying from the virus, etc....is not some propaganda campaign against Trump -- it's just the facts.

You lie to yourself to support your made up stories in your head.

Old 02-27-2020, 08:53 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,068,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
-900 now! Sit tight people. It will come back next year with President Bloomberg.
It will come back regardless of the president depending upon how severe the corona virus outbreak becomes. It would be tanking now also if Bloomberg was president now.

Old 02-27-2020, 08:54 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,901,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Nobody is cheering. You made that up. You are lying. You have a story in your head you like to keep.

Nobody is cheering just being real.

Just like the media reporting the facts -- how many points the stocks are down, how many people with the virus, dying from the virus, etc....is not some propaganda campaign against Trump -- it's just the facts.

You lie to yourself to support your made up stories in your head.
Trumpsters know the economy is the only thing propping this president up. They know if the economy tanks there is absolutely no reason left to keep this abomination in office. We are seeing the Trumpsters panic as they realize this truth.

I want Trump gone, but not at the expense of my retirement funds. Both might be gone by November.

Old 02-27-2020, 08:57 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,850,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Trumpsters know the economy is the only thing propping this president up. They know if the economy tanks there is absolutely no reason left to keep this abomination in office. We are seeing the Trumpsters panic as they realize this truth.

I want Trump gone, but not at the expense of my retirement funds. Both might be gone by November.
And my livelihood.

Despite what most people on this board think about me, I don't live in my parents' basement in Oklahoma. That very well might not be the case anymore if things keep going how they are going.

Old 02-27-2020, 09:06 AM

11,403 posts, read 4,107,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
If the DOWJ falls below 20,000 by years end, I will not be surprised.
That would be really, really bad for Trump headed into November.

Pandemic or not, the only thing Trump has been able to really celebrate during his presidency has been the strength of the economy. Everything else has been scandals, lies, and insults.

Old 02-27-2020, 09:08 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,726,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post

This may be somewhat true - Trump followers do love the Muslim Hate (certain Muslims only, the Saudis are A-1) and the Children in Cages and the lack of his caring about 60% of the country, etc.

The economy - measurably - sucked before this. The last two years have seen, even the highs, returns FAR below normal.

So a more accurate statement would be to say that LIES about the economy keep him propped up. But there is zero reason those lies can not continue. Remember that GWB still had a 30% Approval rating after the largest collapse in history, the failed wars, the vast debt and deficit and much more.

As I have said many a time - we are already sunk if even 30% of voting Americans are that clueless. Issues which, in a sane country, wouldn't see even a 15% approval rating now have a 40% or 45% one.

So no matter who gets elected those people and that way of thinking still exists. I used to think it would die off but one only need look at all the young conservatives to see that the Bullpen is very full of Authoritarians ready to step up.

Old 02-27-2020, 09:08 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,850,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
That would be really, really bad for Trump headed into November.

Pandemic or not, the only thing Trump has been able to really celebrate during his presidency has been the strength of the economy. Everything else has been scandals, lies, and insults.
SCOTUS justices that oppose abortion, LGBT rights, and stopping the moral decline of society are the biggest issues for most of his supporters. Even if the economy crashes (which now is looking inevitable), he will still retain at least a 35% approval rating on those issues alone.

He'll win the South but lose most of the rest of the country.

Old 02-27-2020, 09:11 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,726,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
And my livelihood.

Despite what most people on this board think about me, I don't live in my parents' basement in Oklahoma. That very well might not be the case anymore if things keep going how they are going.
My Net worth will take a really big hit but my frugal ways and lifestyle will continue as-is. In the worst cases the children won't be seeing as much of an inheritance as I hoped.

But I think thinks will largely recover, Providence Willing, assuming I live another decade or two (likely).

But I feel terrible for giving this legacy to future generations. As we all know the poor and lower middle class end up paying bigger (relatively) for these things. Last Recession wiped out 100% of the net worth of black and hispanic households.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies