Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2020, 09:14 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,100,104 times

Advertisements

HEY ALL YOU TRUMP SUPPORTERS:

Got any response to this!? Bwaaaaahahahahahaha LMAO!

The "Dow Joans" is way, way down.

https://twitter.com/NTomasello21/sta...10396946161664

Old 02-27-2020, 09:17 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,100,104 times
Ever heard the phrase "your own words coming back to haunt you?"

https://twitter.com/Keytobe1/status/1231975528724254720

Old 02-27-2020, 09:21 AM

35,262 posts, read 17,158,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Why, does Bloomberg know how to stop coronavirus?
Also, does Bloomberg even know how to beat Sanders?
Bloomberg is the most unconvincing candidate in American history.....and the biggest failure ever - spending all that money and still losing.
Well we know that Trump and his MAGA minions designed and distributed the coronavirus as part of his trade offensive against China.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Ever heard the phrase "your own words coming back to haunt you?"

https://twitter.com/Keytobe1/status/1231975528724254720
A 1000 point drop aginst a base of 28,000 is a lot less momentous than such a drop against a base of 13,000.

Old 02-27-2020, 09:21 AM

1,239 posts, read 512,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
HEY ALL YOU TRUMP SUPPORTERS:

Got any response to this!? Bwaaaaahahahahahaha LMAO!

The "Dow Joans" is way, way down.

https://twitter.com/NTomasello21/sta...10396946161664
I'm pretty sure that's a fake Trump tweet.
I expect that there are already multiple community spreads throughout the US and this is just the beginning of the tank. I think we go sub 20,000 by the beginning of April if we have not seen signs that warmer weather will have a significant effect.

Old 02-27-2020, 09:23 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,836,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
My Net worth will take a really big hit but my frugal ways and lifestyle will continue as-is. In the worst cases the children won't be seeing as much of an inheritance as I hoped.

But I think thinks will largely recover, Providence Willing, assuming I live another decade or two (likely).

But I feel terrible for giving this legacy to future generations. As we all know the poor and lower middle class end up paying bigger (relatively) for these things. Last Recession wiped out 100% of the net worth of black and hispanic households.
I graduated college during the last recession. I was never really able to get my career going because of it. Well that, and being fired from a government job in 2009 because my boss was homophobic. I've barely kept my head above water in years since. Despite what people on this board say about me, I only lived in my parents' basement for about three months back in 2012. I'm very concerned about what my life will look like in a year if the economy really does get as bad as it could.

Old 02-27-2020, 09:27 AM

3,866 posts, read 1,806,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
You missed the part Pence wipes his nose with his hand and then shakes hands...lol.

There is no need to worry but the press conference was a disaster. Trump contradicted the CDC statements he says Pence has some kind of 'skill' with this but fails to specify what that is ....blah blah.

I felt no more assured it would be okay after Trump talked then I did before he talked.

Nothing he said was reassuring and his concern seems to be more about making sure this does not reflect on his performance...

I'm not overly worried. I don't live in a big city, have the luxury of not having to be in large populated areas, etc.

But the press conference yesterday was a mess.

I'm getting my updates from other countries and the CDC and WHO officials. The White House can't even give us a straight line on who is in charge. Trump says Pence is, Azar says he is, with Pence.....seems there is more concern for who gets the title then getting anything done.

If I lived in LA, New York - or any big city I would be making sure my at home supply of food included some of those pantry items that could be used if we lose some of our supply chains from California.
It was terrible, Trump lied repeatedly in the press conference yesterday. He didn't even tell the truth on how many cases of coronavirus were in the U.S.

Old 02-27-2020, 09:28 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,708,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I graduated college during the last recession. I was never really able to get my career going because of it. Well that, and being fired from a government job in 2009 because my boss was homophobic. I've barely kept my head above water in years since. I'm very concerned about what my life will look like in a year if the economy really does get as bad as it could.
This is, unfortunately, a common thread....the Great Recession pretty much did away with the American Dream for a generation. It was already dead for many due to downsizing, offshoring and the like...

The only potential salvation I see is to figure out some sort of a small business and become your own boss....but that's not for everyone. That was how we did it.

No one would ever hire me - then or now, despite the fact that I would be better then a vast majority of applicants for many many jobs.

While not everyone can work for themselves it is the best way to wealth and security, IMHO.

Old 02-27-2020, 09:43 AM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,460,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Sorry to disappoint those who want the economy to fail but futures are already up.
What are we down - 3000??

Old 02-27-2020, 09:46 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,580,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
I'm pretty sure that's a fake Trump tweet.
I expect that there are already multiple community spreads throughout the US and this is just the beginning of the tank. I think we go sub 20,000 by the beginning of April if we have not seen signs that warmer weather will have a significant effect.
Is it a fake tweet or not? You made the allegation - tell us why you believe it to be fake.

I have no idea.

Old 02-27-2020, 09:53 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,836,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
This is, unfortunately, a common thread....the Great Recession pretty much did away with the American Dream for a generation. It was already dead for many due to downsizing, offshoring and the like...

The only potential salvation I see is to figure out some sort of a small business and become your own boss....but that's not for everyone. That was how we did it.

No one would ever hire me - then or now, despite the fact that I would be better then a vast majority of applicants for many many jobs.

While not everyone can work for themselves it is the best way to wealth and security, IMHO.
Being laid off and then fired within a year back in 2008 and 2009 screwed me over, big time. I've been with my current employer going on eight years but I'm at a major disadvantage right now competing against fresh grads for positions that would actually pay equal or more than what I'm making now. I can't afford a pay cut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies