Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2020, 02:47 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,726,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Well, as of now, the DOW is just 700 or so points above where it was 2+ years ago when the OP started this thread (the DOW ended that day at 25,075, today we ended at 25,766). That's a gain of roughly 1% a year. Wayyyyyyyyyyyyy less than your average bank savings account pays

Who knows where it will go from here. Maybe it will recover some, maybe it will fall further. Either way it's pretty horrible.

MAGA!

Ken
I don't wish ill on anyone but at the same time people cannot be surprised when they get what they asked for. Ignorance is no excuse.

To MAGA people anything is worthwhile for some perceived end that will never happen.

Unfortunately vast numbers of people who didn't join the Trump Club will be hurt as bad or worse than those who did.

Old 02-27-2020, 02:47 PM

18,982 posts, read 9,116,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I just actually heard an admin official say this....

"The risk is very low now but the risk will likely be increasing"........

Maybe I don't understand the language - but "risk" in my book is about what might happen in the Future! If the Risk will likely be increasing in the near future, then the risk is high NOW....

Silk does not come from a sow and I do not expect anyone in this admin to make sense - basically because most good people are long gone.
I wonder if he will attempt to stop the media from reporting on it. This is not something he's going to be able to contain news-wise once the numbers start going up, no matter how he tries.

Old 02-27-2020, 02:49 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,850,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Dems don't care about Americans, they only want their power back. Let the economy crash if they can get rid of Trump. Too bad if people lose money in their 401(k)s.
Did Democrats cause the coronavirus? Did Democrats cause the trade war? Did Democrats approve a massive tax cut for the wealthy which has exploded the deficit during a supposedly good economy?

20,460 posts, read 26,390,927 times
Quote:

Maybe I don't understand the language - but "risk" in my book is about what might happen in the Future! If the Risk will likely be increasing in the near future, then the risk is high NOW....

Silk does not come from a sow and I do not expect anyone in this admin to make sense - basically because most good people are long gone.
Yeah, Trump doesn't care about competence. He wants LOYALTY. NOTHING else matters to him.
We are seeing the result of that stupidity - and people are going to die (probably lots) and part of that result.

Ken

15,293 posts, read 17,749,461 times
Quote:

Trump/Bolton fired the National Security Council Pandemic Response Team in 2018. Trump's hiring freeze left the CDC 700 employees low. There's nobody left to tell them what to do, and they don't have the staff to do it anyway. We can hope that Pence is not as dumb has he seems.

Old 02-27-2020, 02:54 PM

18,982 posts, read 9,116,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Trump/Bolton fired the National Security Council Pandemic Response Team in 2018. Trump's hiring freeze left the CDC 700 employees low. There's nobody left to tell them what to do, and they don't have the staff to do it anyway. We can hope that Pence is not as dumb has he seems.
If this is all we have to hang our hat on we're doomed.

Old 02-27-2020, 02:55 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,390,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Yeah, and Trump and is COMPLETELY BRAINLESS minions blame Democrats.

Democrats did gut CDC and didn't eliminate the Pandemic Response Team.
Trump did that.
TRUMP.
Nobody else.
TRUMP.

Americans will die (probably is large numbers) because of what he did.
What a MORON.

Ken

Old 02-27-2020, 02:55 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,793,885 times
Quote:
Well, as of now, the DOW is just 700 or so points above where it was 2+ years ago when the OP started this thread (the DOW ended that day at 25,075, today we ended at 25,766). That's a gain of roughly 1% a year. Wayyyyyyyyyyyyy less than your average bank savings account pays

Who knows where it will go from here. Maybe it will recover some, maybe it will fall further. Either way it's pretty horrible.

MAGA!

Ken
Yep, it was 25 075 two years ago, so it has gained 700 points in two years, which is about 1% per year.

Old 02-27-2020, 03:09 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,850,539 times
Quote:
Yeah, and Trump and is COMPLETELY BRAINLESS minions blame Democrats.

Democrats did gut CDC and didn't eliminate the Pandemic Response Team.
Trump did that.
TRUMP.
Nobody else.
TRUMP.

Americans will die (probably is large numbers) because of what he did.
What a MORON.

Ken
Unless something changes or new info comes out we don't know yet, I don't think the virus itself is going to be as bad as it's currently being hyped.

However, it will be the straw that breaks the camel's back for an economy that was already a house of cards teetering in the wind. We are currently seeing that play out in real time.

Old 02-27-2020, 03:15 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,376,794 times
Market back to new years 2018 levels. Trillions of dollars in New debt thanks to 45 and we are staring down the barrel of a possible recession.

Stop me if you think you've heard this one before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies