Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 11:43 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
It was last year around this time when it was still open season about roasting Trump and Trump supporters at work and most Trump supporters stay silent at work. In the last 6 months, I've heard more and more Trump support amongst other workers openly supporting the President's decisions than before.

People I talk to are supportive of his tax cuts while some caution about the limits on deduction which can affect some people. His push to work on reforming immigration is a big topic. The democrats really lost public support because of their open borders support.

Trump's DACA comments even have the support of many legal immigrants who believes Trump is doing the right thing with getting congress to act on it and on the H-1B issues.

Trump is taking care of business and the only thing MSM can do is spread fake news about negative polls they collect from lazy moms sitting at home.
I am betting not many Hispanics at your workplace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2018, 11:44 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,745,293 times
Quote:
It was last year around this time when it was still open season about roasting Trump and Trump supporters at work and most Trump supporters stay silent at work. In the last 6 months, I've heard more and more Trump support amongst other workers openly supporting the President's decisions than before.

People I talk to are supportive of his tax cuts while some caution about the limits on deduction which can affect some people. His push to work on reforming immigration is a big topic. The democrats really lost public support because of their open borders support.

Trump's DACA comments even have the support of many legal immigrants who believes Trump is doing the right thing with getting congress to act on it and on the H-1B issues.

Trump is taking care of business and the only thing MSM can do is spread fake news about negative polls they collect from lazy moms sitting at home.
I'm sorry you have to work with people like that, it must be awful.

By the way, we're 1 year in and they've done very little about H-1B's. Orrin Hatch, a Republican, is one of the biggest supporters of the H-1B visa. Hatch heads the Republicans' High-Tech Task Force, and he wants to raise the # of H-1B visas while requiring employers to pinky promise that they first tried to hire an American worker.

Old 01-04-2018, 11:46 AM

3,006 posts, read 2,631,488 times
The people I've encountered who openly support Trump also like to talk at me about conspiracy theories, secret underground moon bases, and other crazy crap.

Old 01-04-2018, 11:48 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,915,650 times
Quote:

Complete opposite experience for me.

Nearly every single Trump voter I know, and I know a fair amount of Trump voters from Ohio (where I grew up), regrets their vote.

And the ones that don't openly regret it, are not openly supporting him.

Old 01-04-2018, 11:51 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,088,583 times
A liberal coworker posted this on Facebook last night:

"Descriptions of Donald Trump, from:

- Thomas Barrack Jr, Trump's friend: “He’s not only crazy, he’s stupid.”
- Secretary of State Rex Tillerson: "He's a ****ing moron."
- Most every member of the senior staff on repeated occasions, he's "like a child."
- Rupert Murdoch: "What a ****ing moron."
- Steve Bannon: he's lost his mind
- Attorney Gary Cohn: he's dumb as ****.
- National Security Advisor H.R. McMaster: a hopeless idiot

MAGA."

Old 01-04-2018, 11:52 AM

31,081 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
bottom line. if by mid summer the economy is booming, unemployment continues to drop, growth is above 3%
people will say that Trump may be crazy but itsy kind of crazy.

if however, the economy tanks republicans in general will be an endangered species.
^^This. My 401k is up 35% since Trump was elected. Who would have expected a 25,000 DOW. Under the last guy, the Welfare rolls swelled, under Trump the market is swelling.

Old 01-04-2018, 11:54 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,755,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
A liberal coworker posted this on Facebook last night:

"Descriptions of Donald Trump, from:

- Thomas Barrack Jr, Trump's friend: “He’s not only crazy, he’s stupid.”
- Secretary of State Rex Tillerson: "He's a ****ing moron."
- Most every member of the senior staff on repeated occasions, he's "like a child."
- Rupert Murdoch: "What a ****ing moron."
- Steve Bannon: he's lost his mind
- Attorney Gary Cohn: he's dumb as ****.
- National Security Advisor H.R. McMaster: a hopeless idiot

MAGA."
And a liberal guy pretending to be a moderate Trump supporter reposted it on CD. So?

Old 01-04-2018, 11:54 AM

31,081 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Complete opposite experience for me.

Nearly every single Trump voter I know, and I know a fair amount of Trump voters from Ohio (where I grew up), regrets their vote.

And the ones that don't openly regret it, are not openly supporting him.
Guess they regret how well the economy is doing under Trump

Old 01-04-2018, 11:58 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,715,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Just because she loves him, doesn't make her smart, or right.
No, you'll find a lot of folks who don't care about Trump only cares about the policies. It's people like you who despise him for who he is. If today it was a different President following the same policies you probably would support him.

I can show countless youtube videos of Hillary and Bill Clinton talking the same Trump policies from the 90s. The differences is that Trump doesn't just talk about it he goes after them and tries to fill his campaign promises while Hillary and Bill are all talk and no action.

Old 01-04-2018, 12:02 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,297,131 times
Quote:
No, you'll find a lot of folks who don't care about Trump only cares about the policies. It's people like you who despise him for who he is. If today it was a different President following the same policies you probably would support him.

I can show countless youtube videos of Hillary and Bill Clinton talking the same Trump policies from the 90s. The differences is that Trump doesn't just talk about it he goes after them and tries to fill his campaign promises while Hillary and Bill are all talk and no action.
I think Hillary would have been a worse choice.

I'm just personally ashamed for Trump. He has no remorse, sense of empathy or anything other than an unquenchable desire to pump his own tires and "prove" he's the best. Even if it means lying constantly.

None of that in isolation is that bad, but this is who we want to present to the world as representing us. That's simply revolting. He's a walking, talking, tweeting, small handed, cheeto colored disgrace. Mildly entertaining when he only affected himself, disturbing as our leader.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies