Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 12:17 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
It was last year around this time when it was still open season about roasting Trump and Trump supporters at work and most Trump supporters stay silent at work. In the last 6 months, I've heard more and more Trump support amongst other workers openly supporting the President's decisions than before.

People I talk to are supportive of his tax cuts while some caution about the limits on deduction which can affect some people. His push to work on reforming immigration is a big topic. The democrats really lost public support because of their open borders support.

Trump's DACA comments even have the support of many legal immigrants who believes Trump is doing the right thing with getting congress to act on it and on the H-1B issues.

Trump is taking care of business and the only thing MSM can do is spread fake news about negative polls they collect from lazy moms sitting at home.

Not sure where you are finding that particular group, but they must wear white sheets and burn crosses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2018, 12:17 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Sarah Huckabee Sanders just introduced a video of Trump talking about tax cuts and how some are getting $1,000 bonuses too.

Apparently, he doesn't want to take questions.

Then she announced that Trump wants to make sure that information is accurate before it goes out to the public.

Said it with a straight face too.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 01-04-2018 at 12:27 PM..

Old 01-04-2018, 12:20 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
There is a positive correlation between stock market values and the economy.
There's also a positive correlation between the number of people drowning in pools and the number of Nicholas Cage films made in a year.

There's a positive correlation between the divorce rate in Maine and the U.S. per capita consumption of margarine.

There's a positive correlation between U.S. Crude Oil imports from Norway and driver fatalities from train collisions.

In other words, what matters is causation, not correlation. In reality, a company's stock price will often go up on reports of mass layoffs, which are negative economic impacts.

Old 01-04-2018, 12:21 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
A single mother of 3 at my workplace loves what Trump is doing and she doesn't follow MSM, doesn't have the time. She says the taxcut is a huge blessing and Obama has been a huge disappointment for the middle class.
She is either making at least 250k a year or she's an idiot.

Old 01-04-2018, 12:22 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Just because she loves him, doesn't make her smart, or right.
It doesn't make her stupid or wrong either. She seems smarter than many-she at least figured out that Obama did nothing to help the middle class.

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
There is a positive correlation between stock market values and the economy.

Stock market was going great guns until the crash about a decade ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Don’t ever let the msm convince you “you are alone” in your thinking.
And, don't let Breitbart and Fox convince you that everyone else agrees with you, either.

Old 01-04-2018, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
^^This. My 401k is up 35% since Trump was elected. Who would have expected a 25,000 DOW. Under the last guy, the Welfare rolls swelled, under Trump the market is swelling.
But... hold up...

We were still under the economy set by the Obama administration last year. I mean, from this point forward, I guess you could call it a Trump success, but last year was still Obama.

Same as Obama's first year was Bush Jr.

That's just how it works.

Old 01-04-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
I think Hillary would have been a worse choice.

I'm just personally ashamed for Trump. He has no remorse, sense of empathy or anything other than an unquenchable desire to pump his own tires and "prove" he's the best. Even if it means lying constantly.

None of that in isolation is that bad, but this is who we want to present to the world as representing us. That's simply revolting. He's a walking, talking, tweeting, small handed, cheeto colored disgrace. Mildly entertaining when he only affected himself, disturbing as our leader.
I disagree re: Hillary being worse, but I do agree that she has her own baggage that would have been cause for at least some degree of concern.

The rest of your post I agree with completely.

Old 01-04-2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
it's actually easy to make the stock market go up, just give corporations more cash. I mean it's a no-brainer. I can think of a half-dozen ways to accomplish that goal.

the *economy* is something totally different than the stock market. Encouraging those firms to hire people and pay them higher wages, that's something totally different and far more challenging.
But, it's not something most conservative retirees care about, so...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies