Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 05:52 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Eh, I'm more inclined to believe the FBI than a proven child-rapist and his followers.
No comment on the end of surveillance?

And the FBI has admitted that Koresh was leaving the compound. At the time time they claimed they didn't know.

Again, to not know meant the FBI couldn't tail one man and/or didn't believe the townspeople when they knew it too.

Or maybe mom and pop at the general store are part of your conspiracy?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2018, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Yes raping a child is wrong. And the best way to deal with it, if you're the federal government, is to burn the kid alive.
I think that's included in our taxes:

Paved roads and to end child rape we burn the victim alive.

It's just how we roll in a civilized society.

Old 01-07-2018, 09:43 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,331,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
No comment on the end of surveillance?

And the FBI has admitted that Koresh was leaving the compound. At the time time they claimed they didn't know.

Again, to not know meant the FBI couldn't tail one man and/or didn't believe the townspeople when they knew it too.

Or maybe mom and pop at the general store are part of your conspiracy?

I'm interested in what you think the conspiracy is? I read the comment from the man on this thread that ran the store were Koresh would go into. That's typical of people who come into contact with cult leaders and members. People like to think they could spot something like that when in reality they can't. You have the testimony of the survivors who were children in that cult. They described it as anything but happy. Are you attempting to discredit those people over a shop owner that says "well, I thought he was a nice guy." Didn't he actually claim to be the Messiah? Doesn't that strike you ass odd?

Old 01-07-2018, 10:24 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,571,675 times
For anyone who wants to see the ABC special from last week: ABC News Specials: Truth and Lies: Waco Watch Full Episode | 01/04/2018

Old 01-07-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I'm interested in what you think the conspiracy is? I read the comment from the man on this thread that ran the store were Koresh would go into. That's typical of people who come into contact with cult leaders and members. People like to think they could spot something like that when in reality they can't. You have the testimony of the survivors who were children in that cult. They described it as anything but happy. Are you attempting to discredit those people over a shop owner that says "well, I thought he was a nice guy." Didn't he actually claim to be the Messiah? Doesn't that strike you ass odd?
This has nothing to do with Koresh's claims or actions (alleged or otherwise).

My angle is that the government has a monopoly on force therefore they wield that power like a 5-year-old who just found his father's loaded handgun.

If you are the government and ultimately know you can simply use your brute force to overwhelm anyone if all else fails you are inherently going to be sloppy in those measures with that atomic bomb in your back pocket.

That's why the undercover agents posing as college kids were too old and carrying expensive briefcases. It's why Koresh was tipped off on the raid the morning of. It's why he wasn't grabbed on his trips into town. Etc etc.

Old 01-07-2018, 11:13 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,020,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Yes, you are.

There was no arrest warrant.
You don't need an arrest warrant once the citizen starts shooting at them.

Old 01-07-2018, 12:03 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,331,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
This has nothing to do with Koresh's claims or actions (alleged or otherwise).

My angle is that the government has a monopoly on force therefore they wield that power like a 5-year-old who just found his father's loaded handgun.

If you are the government and ultimately know you can simply use your brute force to overwhelm anyone if all else fails you are inherently going to be sloppy in those measures with that atomic bomb in your back pocket.

That's why the undercover agents posing as college kids were too old and carrying expensive briefcases. It's why Koresh was tipped off on the raid the morning of. It's why he wasn't grabbed on his trips into town. Etc etc.
I'm going to watch the documentary posted by Jencam because I love all things cult after having being raised in one (not the compound type cult but a bigger one). I really don't know a lot of the details as to how the government screwed up or didn't. Those ATF officers are human too so it's doubtful they wanted to torch children after their shift building roads. I don't think you are going so far as to say they intentionally caused the death of those children maybe just careless? My guess is that Koresh put those children in harm's way because that's textbook cult leader. I'm interested in the conspiracy theory you think that poster was laying out as I agree with him.

Old 01-07-2018, 12:16 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,378,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
You don't need an arrest warrant once the citizen starts shooting at them.
Feds shot first. Why would anyone surrender to people who appeared to intend, and later proved that they intended, to commit murder?

And, yes, they did need a warrant since they did not know that Koresh had committed any crime in their presence or within their view..

Old 01-07-2018, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
How despicable, to state matter-of-factly that yes, Koresh was raping children on a regular basis, but that was no emergency that warranted attempting to shut him down. I'm sure the children who were routinely being raped thank you for dismissing their plight so callously.
Well, granted I was PWT (posting while tired) and didn't articulate myself well, but I did go on to say that is not the reason they had such urgency. These are things we did not know until after the fact. I also referenced the FLDS and systemic rape IS why the government does raids and so forth. And yet even then, we do not go in with tanks, endangering the very people we mean to protect.

Old 01-07-2018, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Feds shot first. Why would anyone surrender to people who appeared to intend, and later proved that they intended, to commit murder?

And, yes, they did need a warrant since they did not know that Koresh had committed any crime in their presence or within their view..
Right. Similar to Ruby Ridge. I watched a newer docu on that too recently, and it was utterly heartbreaking. They didn't know they had killed his wife. Her body is in there, and they are taunting him. Raking him over the coals in the press about refusing to come out. Just horrifying...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies