Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 01:17 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I'm going to watch the documentary posted by Jencam because I love all things cult after having being raised in one (not the compound type cult but a bigger one). I really don't know a lot of the details as to how the government screwed up or didn't. Those ATF officers are human too so it's doubtful they wanted to torch children after their shift building roads. I don't think you are going so far as to say they intentionally caused the death of those children maybe just careless? My guess is that Koresh put those children in harm's way because that's textbook cult leader. I'm interested in the conspiracy theory you think that poster was laying out as I agree with him.
I was mocking him calling it a conspiracy theory.

It's simple: Koresh evil. Feds (while also evil) were the ones who could stop Koresh from harming innocents inside the compound.

But they chose to focus on bringing Koresh down as opposed to saving the innocents. That's why they were so haphazard in their game plan.

Read the "Blue Book" by the Dept. Of the Treasury on the ATF's investigation and take down of Koresh. Even the government admits they blew it within the document.

I'm looking at bigger picture stuff with this singular incident being a prime example of the government throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Google ATF raids on Amish farms (also your stereotypical hippy organic outfits) over selling unpasteurized milk.

The Amish have kids. They are usually sleeping at 5am (ok, maybe they are already out working the fields ).

But that doesn't stop the feds from sending in armed agents into the countryside barns in full tactical gear with AR-15s at the ready.

Over milk (not even spilled milk...just unpasteurized ).

Do you think that's a safe, moral, or smart way to address the issue?

I hope not.

But if you can do it...why the hell not? That's the government's mindset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2018, 01:17 PM

15,534 posts, read 10,510,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
How despicable, to state matter-of-factly that yes, Koresh was raping children on a regular basis, but that was no emergency that warranted attempting to shut him down. I'm sure the children who were routinely being raped thank you for dismissing their plight so callously.
They can't, the government burned them alive.

Old 01-07-2018, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
They can't, the government burned them alive.
In the government's defense they may have did a cost benefit analysis and found that burning the kids alive saved taxpayers money.

Money later used to blow up kids in Iraq playing soccer but nonetheless...a penny saved is a penny earned!

Old 01-07-2018, 02:01 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,331,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I was mocking him calling it a conspiracy theory.

It's simple: Koresh evil. Feds (while also evil) were the ones who could stop Koresh from harming innocents inside the compound.

But they chose to focus on bringing Koresh down as opposed to saving the innocents. That's why they were so haphazard in their game plan.

Read the "Blue Book" by the Dept. Of the Treasury on the ATF's investigation and take down of Koresh. Even the government admits they blew it within the document.

I'm looking at bigger picture stuff with this singular incident being a prime example of the government throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Google ATF raids on Amish farms (also your stereotypical hippy organic outfits) over selling unpasteurized milk.

The Amish have kids. They are usually sleeping at 5am (ok, maybe they are already out working the fields ).

But that doesn't stop the feds from sending in armed agents into the countryside barns in full tactical gear with AR-15s at the ready.

Over milk (not even spilled milk...just unpasteurized ).

Do you think that's a safe, moral, or smart way to address the issue?

I hope not.

But if you can do it...why the hell not? That's the government's mindset.
Why would calling him a conspiracy theorist be mocking him if he's not one? People died so obviously they screwed up. Even if Koresh killed those kids they should have seen that coming. They forced the Apocalypse scenario groups like this are waiting for. They believe Satan is using the government to get them. I agree the ATF was unprepared for what happened because the went into reaction mode.

I ran a Google search like you said but had trouble finding a credible source. How about a link?

Old 01-07-2018, 02:37 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,576,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
For anyone who wants to see the ABC special from last week: ABC News Specials: Truth and Lies: Waco Watch Full Episode | 01/04/2018
It's on Hulu as well.

Old 01-07-2018, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Why would calling him a conspiracy theorist be mocking him if he's not one? People died so obviously they screwed up. Even if Koresh killed those kids they should have seen that coming. They forced the Apocalypse scenario groups like this are waiting for. They believe Satan is using the government to get them. I agree the ATF was unprepared for what happened because the went into reaction mode.

I ran a Google search like you said but had trouble finding a credible source. How about a link?
I suppose my conspiracy theory reference is in relation to the notion that the government looks at problems and tries to solve them with moral, logical, and financially responsible solutions.

That is the furthest thing from its mind from deciding to put up a stop sign to bombing a Middle East country.

Knox seems to be of the opinion that the government does act within a moral, logical, and financially responsible framework. If you do believe that...you're a crackpot.

Your link...

https://archive.org/details/reportofdepartme00unit

Old 01-07-2018, 03:18 PM

Quote:
I suppose my conspiracy theory reference is in relation to the notion that the government looks at problems and tries to solve them with moral, logical, and financially responsible solutions.

That is the furthest thing from its mind from deciding to put up a stop sign to bombing a Middle East country.

Knox seems to be of the opinion that the government does act within a moral, logical, and financially responsible framework. If you do believe that...you're a crackpot.

Your link...

https://archive.org/details/reportofdepartme00unit
Oh my. Do you think other people don't realize as well the world doesn't actually work that way?

Edit: That's a good link as far as Koresh but what about the Amish you alluded to. That's ongoing supposedly.

Old 01-07-2018, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Oh my. Do you think other people don't realize as well the world doesn't actually work that way?

Edit: That's a good link as far as Koresh but what about the Amish you alluded to. That's ongoing supposedly.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ng-fresh-milk/

I grew up on the Ohio/PA border.

We know they are Amish. The outfits tip us off.

When we buy their goods at farmers markets, swap meets, etc we know they are homemade/FDA unapproved.

Yet we survive.

I think the government might be envious of the Amish because of their craftmanship/work ethic. It's not just legend I've seen it done: the raising of an entire house/barn in a day without permits/codes and they don't tip over from a strong gust of wind.

It can be done...but don't tell anyone (whispering)

EDIT:

YES! I do believe people think government is here to help. Well over 99% of the population believe in some form of involuntary government (statism).

Old 01-07-2018, 04:56 PM

Quote:
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ng-fresh-milk/

I grew up on the Ohio/PA border.

We know they are Amish. The outfits tip us off.

When we buy their goods at farmers markets, swap meets, etc we know they are homemade/FDA unapproved.

Yet we survive.

I think the government might be envious of the Amish because of their craftmanship/work ethic.
That is a bizarre comment. Nobody is envious of the Amish. The only way that comment makes sense is....OMG You are an escaped Amish! My group was like that too. Everyone is jealous of the Jehovah's Witnesses...blah..blah. well that also explains the misconception you have that you posses unique insight hidden to us unwashed masses (truth:I struggle with that as well sometimes)

Quote:
It's not just legend I've seen it done: the raising of an entire house/barn in a day without permits/codes and they don't tip over from a strong gust of wind.

It can be done...but don't tell anyone (whispering)
Ahhh the legendary Amish. The barn raising story told in hushed voices around a late night campfire. I see your no permit barn raising story and will tell you of a group that can raising a building in 2 days WITH permits and electricity AND you don't have to shovel the poop out of it. It's the lore of "The Weekend Kingdom Hall Build." Yup, I was at one when I was a kid and that's where I learned black people can get sunburned.

Quote:
EDIT:

YES! I do believe people think government is here to help. Well over 99% of the population believe in some form of involuntary government (statism).
99%? Do you know that 115% of statistics are made up on the spot?

As far as the milk goes...crossing state lines will get ya every time. Also that link is almost 6 years old.

Old 01-07-2018, 05:21 PM

Quote:
That is a bizarre comment. Nobody is envious of the Amish. The only way that comment makes sense is....OMG You are an escaped Amish! My group was like that too. Everyone is jealous of the Jehovah's Witnesses...blah..blah. well that also explains the misconception you have that you posses unique insight hidden to us unwashed masses (truth:I struggle with that as well sometimes)

Ahhh the legendary Amish. The barn raising story told in hushed voices around a late night campfire. I see your no permit barn raising story and will tell you of a group that can raising a building in 2 days WITH permits and electricity AND you don't have to shovel the poop out of it. It's the lore of "The Weekend Kingdom Hall Build." Yup, I was at one when I was a kid and that's where I learned black people can get sunburned.

99%? Do you know that 115% of statistics are made up on the spot?

As far as the milk goes...crossing state lines will get ya every time. Also that link is almost 6 years old.
We are having a communication problem here.

I'm posting tongue-in-cheek on the Amish. They are just an example of people who have special rules under statism yet still manage to survive.

According to the statism doctrine without government at its current form we would all be dead.

Also, the Amish do build using electricity/plumbing in certain situations. Don't believe that hype either.

99% is probably a conservative percentage. What percentage of people are true anarchists, in your opinion?

State lines? Fictional lines on a map. There are many more stories over these raids. You asked for a link I gave you one. Here's a few raids in the name of keeping us safe from 2013 and 2008.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...n_3764951.html

Raw milk lovers upset over Amish arrest - NY Daily News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies