Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 10:07 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
We have a President who resorts to name calling, foul language and folks blame the media for the dumbing down of America.

We have a President who has admitted himself and proudly boasts of not reading and folks blame the media for the dumbing down.

WOW.
So now you hate diversity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2018, 10:09 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
Now here we have an example of a bullying and intimidation tactic widely used by the left:

Always attack, never defend.

Using this arrogant hate-filled type of response diverts the discussion from the topic at hand and attempts to force their opponent to explain irrelevant side issues and lets the left wing loon avoid responsibility for their duplicitous position.

From Saul Alinsky, I think. Hillary's go to debate coach.
Hang on here - this thread in itself started off with a right leaning poster attacking the left and then a barrage of right leaning folks attacking those on the left/......and then when someone form the left responds in kind you bring that up as an example . Maybe you joined late and didn't read all the posts.....I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that one.

Left/right - there are ignorant people who attack personally for a difference in political ideology.

It's not appropriate (and yes i'm guilty - I willingly admit that when they go low I go low....it's a huge fault of mine).

My kids went to the school in the south east and were not filled with left leaning policies but right leaning - from peers and teachers. They survived and were able to develop their own beliefs and ideology. A little left, a little right...and their beliefs may evolve over time given their life experiences. When folks blame teachers for the way kids think I wonder what kind of value these people place on the structure at home and their kids' ability to develop their own way of thinking.

Human beings aren't robots and so easily swayed. There are many factors that impact how a person develops their political ideology. Nature, nurture, teachings, life experiences.

There are many right leaning policies or ideologies that I like, support, agree with. There are many left leaning policies or ideologies that I like, support, agree with. I can't imagine living in a bubble that suggests only one kind of ideology applies to all of us.

Old 01-13-2018, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
And you can't deny a single word of what I said about who is committing the big terrorist acts around here, because it is absolutely the truth. Talk about being out of grasp.

I could deny it or confirm it. Its irrelevant.
Another cherry picked issue distraction.
The OP didn't limit terrorism to a domestic issue. We have a system in place to deal with it and have for a long tome. Its another thread topic, not this one.
Being irrelevant is a tactic. A distraction. Not a solution.

Old 01-13-2018, 10:19 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,279,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The LEFT owns 95% of the Media, 100% of Education K through university, and most Government agencies, the bureaucracy, where much of the power lies. In addition most of the large corporations are headed by Democrat donating progressives, and are extremely PC on every level.

It is a constant uphill battle to have conservative, and libertarian thought, and speech considering the above.
This is a fantastical distortion of reality and an incredible oversimplification of right wing bullet points.

The media is owned by individuals not the DNC or any political organization.

10% of schools are private and most of those are religious and right wing (life long echo chamber of truthiness). The remaining 90% are govenerned by elected school boards which might be more left than right but not ALL of them. There are right wing school boards all across the country. Look at Texas. Furthermore K through 12 is governed by State School Boards as well, and most of them are right wing.

You must imagine that government agency workers were hatched instead of born to think they can classified that way. Having worked with and for a variety of government agencies, state, local and fed I can tell you that they are far from monolithic about politics (or anything else for that matter).

Corporate America is so dominated by the right as to make that last claim of yours absolutely absurd.

You do yourself a disservice believing the sort of tripe you put forth here.

Last edited by TKO; 01-13-2018 at 10:38 AM..

Old 01-13-2018, 10:25 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,341,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeHudson View Post
For right wingers it's always about projection. Always. They think in cult mentally and think anyone who doesn't worship their version of Christianity and those are who blacks, hispanics, Jews are the "others" and must be defeated at all costs. The only people who should have rights in America are white straight Christians and the "others" are not American.

Then it's no wonder why they hate education.
For openers, the libertarian wing of the conservative spectrum (and the one that's growing, at the expense of the Bible-thumpers, fig-leaf-hangers and flag-wavers) doesn't engage in these practices; but of course, we have to be lumped in under the term "right winger" -- in order to demonize us and impress the little kiddies you seek to lead around by the nose.

Your "strategy" is becoming more apparent (and less successful) every day; but keep spewing -- you're just putting your weaknesses in the front window for all of us to recognize.

Old 01-13-2018, 10:26 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,800,865 times
Being overly politicaly correct is one thing. Being verbally incontinent from a potus with the most important job in the world is another thing. Trying to spin despicable behavior is nonsense. The president serves all people, including foreign born American citizens. News Flash Trump the moron. Africa is home to 6 of the top 10 fastest growing companies. "The African business culture is driven more by relationships and less by transactions." Our great businessman president just allowed China to move ahead two spaces in Africa. Yep winning bigly again. Talk about a big idiot factor.

Old 01-13-2018, 10:45 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,999,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Do I need to explain that snow is white also?
O.K. there snow flake so you know your primary colors but doubt your potty trained for all the bull s#!t you spew ...

Old 01-13-2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
This is a fantastical distortion of reality and an incredible oversimplification of right wing bullet points.

The media is owned by individuals not the DNC or any political organization.

You do yourself a disservice believing the sort of tripe you put forth here.
When we take out the middle or body of your post.
We see more clearly what is and has been left wing media's roll.

Its not covered in left wing media but the collusion between the DNC, Obama admin. FBI & DOJ and media is being reported on. For some of the actors it amounts to treason. Over the next few months much of it is going to out in the open and left wing media will be forced to cover it and even try to defend it if they can.

Democrats are already defecting from the constant leftwing omission of what is covered. Left wing media's defense of corruption has been to ignore it and not report on it. That will change. Corruption on the scale never seen before in American politics under the Obama admin. will be addressed in congress by both parties and its unavoidable. It will be the most covered story of 2018.

At no time in modern history has the government been weaponized and corrupted to the extent it has under Obama. The connection to media's roll in it will be laid out for all to see.
It will have a huge impact just before elections in 2018.

Old 01-13-2018, 11:14 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,341,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Being overly politicaly correct is one thing. Being verbally incontinent from a potus with the most important job in the world is another thing. Trying to spin despicable behavior is nonsense. The president serves all people, including foreign born American citizens. News Flash Trump the moron. Africa is home to 6 of the top 10 fastest growing companies. "The African business culture is driven more by relationships and less by transactions." Our great businessman president just allowed China to move ahead two spaces in Africa. Yep winning bigly again. Talk about a big idiot factor.
Ever since the emergence of the New Deal and the bureaucratized safety net, the Democrats and their Leftist fringe have played to (and preyed upon) the feelings of people of ordinary means caught up in a complicated, urbanized society, and demonized everyone who still understands and appreciates the workings of an open economy as "big business"; if the simpletons at the bottom of their own coalition subscribed to an outdated stereotype, they could not have cared less.

Now they're getting a taste of their own poison -- and it wasn't the better-educated and more-reserved conservatives who unleashed the gorilla. We're not particularly proud of this, but if it exposes and damages the elitists over there in Deep Left Field -- we don't mind looking the other way.

If you want responsible dialogue -- stop lapping up your own rhetoric!

Old 01-13-2018, 11:25 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,279,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
When we take out the middle or body of your post.
We see more clearly what is and has been left wing media's roll.

Its not covered in left wing media but the collusion between the DNC, Obama admin. FBI & DOJ and media is being reported on. For some of the actors it amounts to treason. Over the next few months much of it is going to out in the open and left wing media will be forced to cover it and even try to defend it if they can.

Democrats are already defecting from the constant leftwing omission of what is covered. Left wing media's defense of corruption has been to ignore it and not report on it. That will change. Corruption on the scale never seen before in American politics under the Obama admin. will be addressed in congress by both parties and its unavoidable. It will be the most covered story of 2018.

At no time in modern history has the government been weaponized and corrupted to the extent it has under Obama. The connection to media's roll in it will be laid out for all to see.
It will have a huge impact just before elections in 2018.
When you take out and refuse to acknowledge the facts I pointed out that were the body of my response (and that also rendered your previous argument mute), then I guess all your left with are paranoid delusional rantings like this.

I believe that you believe this nonsense. Funny in a sad way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies