Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 11:26 AM

12,041 posts, read 6,574,734 times

Advertisements

I agree that Trump can be a bully -- BUT it's the first time the right has had someone aggressively stand up to the bullying left.

In Trump's flamboyantly aggressive and sometimes vulgar way he has finally exposed the bullying left media and left politicians so they can't be denied anymore.
It took a Trump to shine the spotlight on it over and over where now even some on the left are starting to acknowledge it.

The Rs are basically wimps and have been too afraid to stand up to the extreme silencing, shaming, and bullying that
the left has pulled for decades now with some distorted sense of moral superiority. I hope the Rs are finally getting the courage to do something about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2018, 11:31 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I agree that Trump can be a bully -- BUT it's the first time the right has had someone aggressively stand up to the bullying left.

In Trump's flamboyantly aggressive and sometimes vulgar way he has finally exposed the bullying left media and left politicians so they can't be denied anymore.
It took a Trump to shine the spotlight on it over and over, so even some on the left are starting to acknowledge it.

The Rs are basically wimps and have been too afraid to stand up to the extreme silencing, shaming, and bullying that
the left has pulled for decades now with some distorted sense of moral superiority. I hope the Rs are finally getting the courage to do something about it.
We have entered a time in history when nobody apparently wants to exercise any restraint in expressing their opinion no matter what the setting. No discussion of religion, politics, or money in mixed company? Ha! How old-fashioned it seems in this lay-it-all-bare society. As far as I'm concerned, we ALL need to learn how to keep our mouths shut about these subjects outside of some very limited circumstances.

Old 01-13-2018, 11:39 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
When you take out and refuse to acknowledge the facts I pointed out that were the body of my response (and that also rendered your previous argument mute), then I guess all your left with are paranoid delusional rantings like this.

I believe that you believe this nonsense. Funny in a sad way.
I can see how you may think and believe that.

Ron Desantis ( R-Fl.) is speaking on declassifying and making the information in the intelligence committee transparent to the public right now. There is support to do that. So I'm willing to risk all the insults or derogatory comments of others.

I'm not interested in the body of your response. My interest was the false or misleading statement about media. That's what I'm drawing attention too.

I'm cherry picking like the left has been doing in this thread. I admit to the distraction but why should one side be privileged and not the other. I want my privilege too. I wonder if that is bullying or if it matters if both sides do it.

Last edited by phma; 01-13-2018 at 11:55 AM..

Old 01-13-2018, 11:42 AM

2,269 posts, read 1,640,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
We have a President who resorts to name calling, foul language and folks blame the media for the dumbing down of America.

We have a President who has admitted himself and proudly boasts of not reading and folks blame the media for the dumbing down.

WOW.
You mean when Obama called Libya a "S***show" or referred to us "deplorables" (Hillary) as those who "cling to guns or religion" or when Obama thinks those who watch Fox News are from another planet, or who was criticized for missing so many morning security briefings? There's plenty of this crap to go around from all sides.

The point though is that has nothing to do with OP's original post. I see this all the time. The thread hadn't collected half a dozen posts before someone tries to change the subject to terrorism when it was about silencing free speech and differing view points. Typical tactic to try to shut someone up. Just divert, change the subject. Ah, screw it.

Old 01-13-2018, 11:53 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
This is a fantastical distortion of reality and an incredible oversimplification of right wing bullet points.

The media is owned by individuals not the DNC or any political organization.

10% of schools are private and most of those are religious and right wing (life long echo chamber of truthiness). The remaining 90% are govenerned by elected school boards which might be more left than right but not ALL of them. There are right wing school boards all across the country. Look at Texas. Furthermore K through 12 is governed by State School Boards as well, and most of them are right wing.

You must imagine that government agency workers were hatched instead of born to think they can classified that way. Having worked with and for a variety of government agencies, state, local and fed I can tell you that they are far from monolithic about politics (or anything else for that matter).

Corporate America is so dominated by the right as to make that last claim of yours absolutely absurd.

You do yourself a disservice believing the sort of tripe you put forth here.
TKO, what are those "boards", do you know? Does this include 501(c)3 boards - or is it all for profit businesses board of directors? Are school boards included?

Old 01-13-2018, 11:55 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,341,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
We have entered a time in history when nobody apparently wants to exercise any restraint in expressing their opinion no matter what the setting. No discussion of religion, politics, or money in mixed company? Ha! How old-fashioned it seems in this lay-it-all-bare society. As far as I'm concerned, we ALL need to learn how to keep our mouths shut about these subjects outside of some very limited circumstances.
The are some abuses on both sides, but it is predominately the so-called "progressives/liberals" with their tactics clearly in the open via the writings of Alinsky, etc, who seek to stifle all dissenting views through the thinly-veiled Fascism called Political Correctness. Conservatism, OTOH, or at least its growing Libertarian strain, remains logically grounded in the writings of Rand, Friedman, et al.

Old 01-13-2018, 11:59 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
Now here we have an example of a bullying and intimidation tactic widely used by the left:

Always attack, never defend.

Using this arrogant hate-filled type of response diverts the discussion from the topic at hand and attempts to force their opponent to explain irrelevant side issues and lets the left wing loon avoid responsibility for their duplicitous position.

From Saul Alinsky, I think. Hillary's go to debate coach.
Lol...I should defend what is wrong? Lol

Old 01-13-2018, 12:01 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,279,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
TKO, what are those "boards", do you know? Does this include 501(c)3 boards - or is it all for profit businesses board of directors? Are school boards included?
I should have included a link to my source, https://hbr.org/2016/08/7-charts-sho...pes-u-s-boards

I don't think there's much real argument that the majority of people in the upper echelons of corporate america are low tax republicans. What they aren't, and what I suspect bothers some Trump supporters,are anti-immigrant nationalists.

I'll go back and edit it in *too late

Old 01-13-2018, 12:04 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,066,951 times
Do not allow them to shout you down, redirect the topic or sabotage your threads. No one should fear real conversation, not the fake conversation where there is only one acceptable stance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
See -- to have a different opinion or set of actual facts that you won't see on leftist media -- even Obama says you are from a different planet.
Obama rips Fox News viewers:

Old 01-13-2018, 12:07 PM

2,269 posts, read 1,640,902 times
This is NSFW, Not Safe For Work, because of language but he certainly does, IMO, make the case for OP's original point.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=GLG9g7BcjKs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies