Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 01:30 PM

24,513 posts, read 33,325,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Trump defied all the odds, did not get a majority of the republican vote in the primaries nor did he get a majority of the vote against Hillary -- yet he's the president. Only the God of the Bible could have done it. Also, Trump fights for law and order. And most importantly, Jerusalem is officially recognized as Israel's capital. Will Trump facilitate the building of the Holy Temple in Jerusalem next? Very possible.
IIRC, Trump did get the majority of Republican votes in the primary. And he did win more electoral votes than Hillary which is why he is the president.

Old 01-14-2018, 02:08 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,592,795 times
OP, I am going to try to treat this as a serious discussion for a moment.

I don't read your posts in any of the other sub-forums, so I can't address them, but here in P&OC, your comments about Trump disturb me as a Christian. You are, of course, free to like him if you wish, but your admiration of him seems extreme to me - almost worshipful. I may, in this way, be more conservative than are, because I find idolizing any mortal to that degree incredibly offensive. Character issues totally aside, he is just a man, and you speak of him as if he is some kind of savior. You are not the only one who does it, and it never fails to astonish me.

Old 01-14-2018, 02:12 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Why are "christians" so in love with this guy?
That is the big question.

He is a disappointment so far as Christians go. He wouldn't even make a good Calvinist, and that is a low bar ...

Old 01-14-2018, 03:45 PM

10,100 posts, read 6,441,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The god of the liberals is satan. He set his kingdom up to advance sin. He is the great deceiver.

The government is corrupt and the secular colleges are against the belief of creation and God. It is secular humanism that they preach. The government is an entity that is anti-Christ . If you are not for Christ you are against Christ.
The government is not supposed to support ANY particular organized religion. That doesn't mean it's anti-Christ; it just means it's not specifically for Christ over and above any other specific religious figure. It certainly doesn't affect the fact that the country is still a heavily Christian nation by population numbers, conservative and liberal alike. I have no idea why and where people get the idea that liberals are G-dless infidels who worship Satan, except to foment hatred and divisiveness. From what I've seen and the people I've known, it's simply not true. If YOU call yourself a Christian, I would think you would want to follow the precept "Love one another". I don't recall any political restrictions placed on that, do you?

Old 01-14-2018, 03:53 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,495,737 times
Quote:
No one is comparing President Trump to Christ. God does his work through who he chooses.
I guess with Trump in the White House, God is on vacation!

Old 01-14-2018, 03:59 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
OP, I am going to try to treat this as a serious discussion for a moment.

I don't read your posts in any of the other sub-forums, so I can't address them, but here in P&OC, your comments about Trump disturb me as a Christian. You are, of course, free to like him if you wish, but your admiration of him seems extreme to me - almost worshipful. I may, in this way, be more conservative than are, because I find idolizing any mortal to that degree incredibly offensive. Character issues totally aside, he is just a man, and you speak of him as if he is some kind of savior. You are not the only one who does it, and it never fails to astonish me.
Original poster knows the bible quite well. I believe you are stretching it quite a bit.

Old 01-14-2018, 04:12 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
The government is not supposed to support ANY particular organized religion. That doesn't mean it's anti-Christ; it just means it's not specifically for Christ over and above any other specific religious figure. It certainly doesn't affect the fact that the country is still a heavily Christian nation by population numbers, conservative and liberal alike. I have no idea why and where people get the idea that liberals are G-dless infidels who worship Satan, except to foment hatred and divisiveness. From what I've seen and the people I've known, it's simply not true. If YOU call yourself a Christian, I would think you would want to follow the precept "Love one another". I don't recall any political restrictions placed on that, do you?
Jesus said , by their fruits you will know them.. this country is going down morally. The liberals have taken it down a godless path. God loves all people , but all people do not walk with God.Some blatantly sin and corrupt others to do so. The government supports sin in many ways.. it is a corrupt system.

Old 01-14-2018, 04:13 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Why does the devil hate Trump?
I thought the devil loves the profane, liars, adulterers, people who molest women, and those who create discord.

Old 01-14-2018, 04:15 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,947,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
IIRC, Trump did get the majority of Republican votes in the primary. And he did win more electoral votes than Hillary which is why he is the president.
According to Karl Rove, Trump got about 46 - 47 percent of the vote in the Republican primaries. In the general election, Hillary got more than 3 million votes than Trump; it was no doubt a miracle from the God of the Bible.

Old 01-14-2018, 04:25 PM

10,100 posts, read 6,441,828 times
Quote:
Jesus said , by their fruits you will know them.. this country is going down morally. The liberals have taken it down a godless path. God loves all people , but all people do not walk with God.Some blatantly sin and corrupt others to do so. The government supports sin in many ways.. it is a corrupt system.
It's ironic that you would post that "By their fruits you will know them", considering some of the unkind and nasty things you have posted about liberals and other people you don't like in this forum. Isn't there also a Biblical quote concerning "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies