Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 04:47 PM

1,166 posts, read 877,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Fortunately your hatred for the poor has no influence on policy. Your 'solution' is not only cruel, it's not serious or even well thought out.

I have no "hatred" for the poor, I hate people who want to play the victim and act like their choices in life didn't lead them to being/staying poor, nor will they take any responsibility to better themselves or their living situation, it's always someone else's fault or they are a victim of circumstance. They're afraid of having to put in any effort and just sit back asking for a handout. No problems at all with helping the needy, BIG problem with funding the lazy and those that refuse to help themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2018, 04:56 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy12345678 View Post
I have no "hatred" for the poor, I hate people who want to play the victim and act like their choices in life didn't lead them to being/staying poor, nor will they take any responsibility to better themselves or their living situation, it's always someone else's fault or they are a victim of circumstance. They're afraid of having to put in any effort and just sit back asking for a handout. No problems at all with helping the needy, BIG problem with funding the lazy and those that refuse to help themselves.
So are you going to be the arbiter of deciding who is really needy and make the decision regarding who will get sterilized or be forced to give up their kids and who won't?

Old 01-21-2018, 05:04 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,480,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sagain View Post
No it isn’t wrong, what is wrong is how ignorant you are, in not even MENTIONING THE DAMN FATHERS ANYWHERE in this ridiculous post! HOW ABOUT THEM PAYING FOR THEIR UNWED CHILDREN OR GO TO DAMN JAIL. IDIOCY really pisses me off!
My wife's friend chose to have unprotected sex with men she barely knew, not just once but twice in 4 years. That's a choice many responsible people never make, including myself. What about personal responsibility? Why should money be taken from responsible people and given to people who make horrible decisions? I think dead beat dad's should bare any responsibility. I know of many times when women chose not to pursue getting child support from the dad's. Maybe we need a national sperm data bank to track baby daddy's and make them (not innocent tax payers) pay for their deeds.

Old 01-22-2018, 12:52 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
I've both seen and heard of many single moms that keep popping out kids in order to qualify for more govt assistance and I have the perfect solution to that problem. If a single mom comes in and asks for welfare for their kids, in order to get it they have to get their tubes tied, because they have NO business having more children if they can't even support and take care of the ones they have. No tubal ligation, no welfare check! These mothers should not be "rewarded" for popping out another rugrat with a bigger check every month, either get your crap together and improve your life, or if you want help from the govt, get your tubes tied. Simple as that!

What do you guys think of this idea?
So what about mothers who after a couple kids and giving up their education or job to care for them, their husbands divorce them and skip paying any support for his kids. Now she finds her self unemployed with kids, no financial support and in need of assistance.

Old 01-22-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
We have "spay and neuter" clinics for pets why not humans?

It's also much easier to sterlize males.

Vasectomies should be provided for free for everyone and especially those with lower incomes. It would even be cheaper in the long run to offer financial compensation of say $500 for everyone who got a vasectomy. If you had a "vastecomy bus", similar to the spay and neuter animal bus, rolling into a low income neighborhood offering to pay you to get a vasectomy, you'd have the whole problem fixed faster than you could snip em.
I dont know about that. Have you had vasectomy conversations with men. One would think you were suggesting castration. Even if you paid them there would be many who would refuse. Men have too much of a sense that their intactness is directly tied to your manliness.

Old 01-22-2018, 02:20 PM

1,166 posts, read 877,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So what about mothers who after a couple kids and giving up their education or job to care for them, their husbands divorce them and skip paying any support for his kids. Now she finds her self unemployed with kids, no financial support and in need of assistance.
That’s why you don’t back yourself into a corner like that with no way out. Sob stories will get no sympathy from me! Just because you placed all your bets on black and it came up red, don’t expect me to bail you out of your problems! Everybody has problems and sob stories to tell, doesn’t make you a special snowflake, it means you’re a human being that needs to deal with their problems THEMSELVES! The person you’re talking about should’ve had an exit plan in case crap hit the fan, she didn’t, now she expects me to bail her out? Get real!!! Struggle, suffer and sacrifice like the rest of us!!! Or. . . . crazy idea here, don’t put yourself in that situation in the first place!!!

Old 01-22-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
That’s why you don’t back yourself into a corner like that with no way out. Sob stories will get no sympathy from me! Just because you placed all your bets on black and it came up red, don’t expect me to bail you out of your problems! Everybody has problems and sob stories to tell, doesn’t make you a special snowflake, it means you’re a human being that needs to deal with their problems THEMSELVES! The person you’re talking about should’ve had an exit plan in case crap hit the fan, she didn’t, now she expects me to bail her out? Get real!!! Struggle, suffer and sacrifice like the rest of us!!! Or. . . . crazy idea here, don’t put yourself in that situation in the first place!!!
Wow your harsh. So you believe every person should plan for death, abandonment, sickness accidents and never ever need assistance, ever at all.
Getting married and having a family is backing yourself into a corner.

Old 01-22-2018, 02:34 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Wow your harsh. So you believe every person should plan for death, abandonment, sickness accidents and never ever need assistance, ever at all.
Getting married and having a family is backing yourself into a corner.
I think he's just young. Sometimes it takes a lot of living to understand how quickly and unexpectedly life can kick you in the butt. I recall an earlier post from him where he said he bought his first car in 2010 at 15, so he's 21 or 22.

Old 01-22-2018, 02:58 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
The solution is to end welfare altogether, at least at the federal level. If states, counties, municipalities want to encourage unhealthy behavior by putting in place such programs, they are free to do so. However, the vast bulk of assistance should be provided by charitable organizations, churches and individuals.

Old 01-22-2018, 03:06 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times
Quote:
Yup, same for men, if they want govt assistance for their children, they have to get a vasectomy. If you can't take care of the kids you have and you want the govts help, you're going to have to get neutered. We're not going to incentivize you to perpetuate the problem!
I agree with you. We need to do something about this, people have become dependent on welfare and made it a way of life for generations. There's should be a limited lifetime benefit too before a certain age. There's too many people out there not working who should be.

MAKE SURE YOU FIND THE FATHERS TO THESE KIDS. Toss them into work camps if you have too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies