Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 06:57 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
President Jell-o. How apt since it describes trump's tactics, brain and fat ass all in one word.
Your anger does you no good. You have no impact. You are not in power so should just learn to like it!
Making America Great Again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2018, 07:03 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,947,168 times
At the press conference Mick Mulvaney said Schumer actually came back with another "offer".....he now wants to include a 60 billion dollar bailout of union pension plans! Link to press conference here:

https://youtu.be/tfkIrdN0fu0

Old 01-21-2018, 07:08 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,509,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Check down the list of thread topics.

First page has exactly one RW thread about No Russian Collusion.

Bottom of second page you start seeing Russian threads again.
Empiracle proof, not speculation. Where is the proof? I can pick hay out of a stack and call it food too.
There is no factual proof, just bread crumbs..

Old 01-21-2018, 07:14 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I really believe that the shutdown was the goal. In Trump's strange thinking he really believes this will work for him.

Thing is -- from what I'm reading form most reasonable voters -- not the extremists on either side (many who post here) is anger, frustration, etc. that the govt. is doing its same game. ALL of the govt. Republicans and Democrats are fed up with these stupid games.

Both sides could have easily presented a clean bill to extend spending and nothing would have happened. Both parties CHOSE to have this confrontation and allow this to happen.

If Trump had paid more attention to politics over the years, he would have realized that while the base is energized by this, for the most part this will do little to improve his approval with most people. It's not good for any of us or them.

And why wouldn't either party have ready the bill to pay the military ready to go and be passed immediately. oops just read a Democrat did try to present the bill and got shut down.

In 2013 at least both sides agreed to pay the military.......it's not good...not good at all.
Dude, the rules have changed. Now the Left isn't embarrassed to admit their hatred of the military.

Old 01-21-2018, 07:47 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Dude, the rules have changed. Now the Left isn't embarrassed to admit their hatred of the military.
BS.

https://twitter.com/funder/status/954883793420201984[/quote]

Old 01-21-2018, 07:52 AM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times
now is the time to move down to the border.

There's going to be a lot of wall building going on there soon.

Old 01-21-2018, 08:09 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I realize that anything I say from the media is immediately going to be dismissed as "Fake News," but there are some details emerging of Schumer's talks with Trump. They met in person and had what appeared to be a promising talk. Schumer says he put the border wall funding on the table in exchange for DACA. They left on an optimistic note, with Schumer asking Trump to sell it to his folks. Some hours later, John Kelly called Schumer back and said no deal, it was still too liberal.

If this did in fact transpire in this manner... shouldn't both sides have taken it?

Feels like some hardliners basically blocked what would have been a reasonable compromise.

From what I understand there was a mere pittance of an amount in the bill to build the wall and it did not end the visa lottery or chain migration that Trump requested so Trump wasn't getting much of anything in exchange for this travesty called DACA.

Old 01-21-2018, 08:18 AM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
This president said publicly this government needs a shut down. This is a Republican thing, after all they are in charge of all three branches of this government. Ryan and the Nazi (Miller) were also in on this I’m sure....when enough Democrats get in at least they will have a fighting chance against these fascists.
When I get on this forum, I’m reminded of Reagan’s quote:

“It isn’t so much that liberals are ignorant. It’s just that they know so much that isn’t true.”

Old 01-21-2018, 08:20 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Schumer put border wall funding on the table in exchange for DACA..why did Trump end up rejecting it?

Because Trump had asked for only enough for 1/3 of the wall, $18 billion, a figure he has publicly stated for weeks.

Democrats offered $1.6 billion.

At that rate, the wall wouldn't be finished for 50 years.

Of course Trump rejected it.

Only mystery is, why did Schumer offer such a tiny fraction of what was needed? It was an obvious "up yours, we're not going to let the wall be built" statement.

Clearly Schumer didn't intend to make ANY acceptable offer. Just so he could then go before the cameras and claim "Well, I made an offer, it was Trump who rejected it, not me" ....when in fact, it was him rejecting anything reasonable.

Glassy-eyed liberal fanatics such as yourself swallowed it hook, line, and sinker, of course.

So trump wasn't really going to make a deal it was HIS way or no way. Hence why he sucks as president.

Old 01-21-2018, 08:20 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
From what I understand there was a mere pittance of an amount in the bill to build the wall and it did not end the visa lottery or chain migration that Trump requested so Trump wasn't getting much of anything in exchange for this travesty called DACA.
Did Trump request the end of lottery and chain migration as a part of this bill? If everyone is asking for the moon and the stars, its no wonder we are where we are. There is a glaring lack of comprehension and leadership in DC.

Rand Paul seems like the only sane person in the middle of all this madness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies