Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 01:36 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I am sure that Trump personally asked for the artwork.

The response by the curator to the request was childish and unprofessional.

So, perfectly suited for a childish and unprofessional requester.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2018, 01:57 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,263,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Cute.She certainly did the museums out there that need federal funds to stay open a favor by mocking Trump with her petty gesture.
Petty???
It's not "petty" - it's one of the most Disgusting, Arrogant and RUDE things I've ever heard of.

I would like to see this story run as a Headline in Every News Media in the USA. The Leftists think this is "cute" and "appropriate" -- the majority of the American Public will not agree. They will see it as just a slap in the face to the President of the United States, his Wife and every voter who voted for President Trump AND a lot of Voters who did not vote for him.

These people have totally ripped the masks from their faces, both their faces.
I've always said "If the Leftists didn't have Double Standards, they would have No Standards at all".

We know now they don't have an decent Standards at all. Show them to the World for what they are.

Old 01-27-2018, 01:57 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,806,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So, perfectly suited for a childish and unprofessional requester.

Old 01-27-2018, 02:00 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 23 days ago)

27,636 posts, read 16,120,970 times
Idiots wouldn’t know this “toilet” is already an insult artwork representing wealthy American waste. The jokes on all of you.

Old 01-27-2018, 02:06 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,901,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Petty???
It's not "petty" - it's one of the most Disgusting, Arrogant and RUDE things I've ever heard of.

I would like to see this story run as a Headline in Every News Media in the USA. The Leftists think this is "cute" and "appropriate" -- the majority of the American Public will not agree. They will see it as just a slap in the face to the President of the United States, his Wife and every voter who voted for President Trump AND a lot of Voters who did not vote for him.

I've always said "If the Leftists didn't have Double Standards, they would have No Standards at all".

We know now they don't have an decent Standards at all. Show them to the World for what they are.
Back to square one: Why was the request made in the first place of a PRIVATE museum? I happen to own a lot of decent art....if the WH calls, I can't say no?? Or even, hell no???

Or maybe this WH liked the way Hitler got all his art??

Old 01-27-2018, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Back to square one: Why was the request made in the first place of a PRIVATE museum? I happen to own a lot of decent art....if the WH calls, I can't say no?? Or even, hell no???

Or maybe this WH liked the way Hitler got all his art??
What difference does it make why it was requested? If the WH said - "Hey Gugenheim send us one of your POS Van Goghs" then I could get on board with your query. But that is not what the article said. It was a request from one curator to another that resulted in a filthy response from a butthurt curator who likely thought it was funny. If that curator worked for me she would no longer have a job.

The fact that people think this is funny is disgusting.

Old 01-27-2018, 02:18 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,620,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Petty???

Can you imagine the worldwide outrage if this was done to Obama? Would the snowflake libees think it was funny and cute?

Old 01-27-2018, 02:20 PM

5,730 posts, read 2,191,277 times
I'd accept the toilet, melt it down and sell the gold with the proceeds going towards the wall

7,150 posts, read 4,901,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
What difference does it make why it was requested? If the WH said - "Hey Gugenheim send us one of your POS Van Goghs" then I could get on board with your query. But that is not what the article said. It was a request from one curator to another that resulted in a filthy response from a butthurt curator who likely thought it was funny. If that curator worked for me she would no longer have a job.

The fact that people think this is funny is disgusting.
The curator who made the request works for THE WHITE HOUSE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
The curator who made the request works for THE WHITE HOUSE.
I realize that because I read the article. And so? The point still remains what difference does it make why it was requested? Maybe the President likes that painting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies