Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 06:55 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,909,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyFoxSeaton View Post
No it isn't. Really it isn't. You enter the country illegally at your own risk. There is no "they encouraged me" defense. FBI agents routinely pretend to be criminals and arguably entrap people.. but that doesn't get them off. Ultimately your decisions are your own no matter what "encouragement" you receive. DACA's it seem get special treatment under the law.
As I said, only simpletons seek a simple solution to complex problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2018, 06:56 AM

17,347 posts, read 11,297,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Invaders?? People seeking a better life who FOR DECADES were ENCOURAGED by both Dem and Rep administrations to come here to help greedy corporations get cheap labor.

The US Government was complicit in this migration. Again, both parties for DECADES.

It's a complicated issue that demands a complex solution. Only simpletons say, Build a Wall, Throw Everyone Out.
Only simpletons and elitists say, keep the border open so virtually anyone can come in legally or not and then provide them with free healthcare, housing, food, and education.
There are millions of people from Asia and Africa that want to come here too for a better life. The southern border does virtually nothing to help them come in legally or illegally. Why don't you talk about them? Why promote only an open border with Mexico? Don't you feel sorry for people in India or Nigeria that would give their right arm to come here and raise a family?
Don't you have any sympathy for those people who spent years coming here legally only to have illegals get in front of them?
The U.S. has immigration policies and limits for a reason. Immigration laws are in place so immigration as a whole benefits the U.S. It's not a free for all for anyone to come here because of their financial status.

Old 01-28-2018, 06:56 AM

7,242 posts, read 4,556,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
As I said, only simpletons seek a simple solution to complex problems.
I know you are but what am I?

Grow up.

Old 01-28-2018, 07:02 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,909,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Only simpletons and elitists say, keep the border open so virtually anyone can come in legally or not and then provide them with free healthcare, housing, food, and education.
There are millions of people from Asia and Africa that want to come here too for a better life. The southern border does virtually nothing to help them come in legally or illegally. Why don't you talk about them? Why promote only an open border with Mexico? Don't you feel sorry for people in India or Nigeria that would give their right arm to come here and raise a family?
Don't you have any sympathy for those people who spent years coming here legally only to have illegals get in front of them?
The U.S. has immigration policies and limits for a reason. Immigration laws are in place so immigration as a whole benefits the U.S. It's not a free for all for anyone to come here because of their financial status.
I live in Mexico fulltime and have owned a home here since 2008 (lived here fulltime 2008 till 2012, returned to US to care for elderly failing FIL) returned here bought another home last year.

Before that, I lived within 8 miles of the US-MX border in Arizona; owned a home there for 10 years.

I have seen the US MX border from both sides, up close and personal.

Most of the ignorant posters here who favor a wall have NO understanding of the reality of the border and US MX relations. If they did, they would not be in favor of a wall.

Old 01-28-2018, 07:04 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
Quote:
Oh please. We are only asking them to apply the right way. What about those humans who want to get in this country legally and are held out of the USA because we don't have the room due to the dreamers? I guess they are just "disposable".
For the bajillionth time...they have NO way to apply "the right way." DACA provides for that.

Old 01-28-2018, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
They should have no rights or opinions in the United States. If that’s what they are after, they can go HOME. Do you think you would have rights and opinions if you went to Mexico illegally and demanded them!
HA! You would never be heard from again. So take your bleeding heart, sob story sentiments and try them in another country.
Their HOME is America!!!

If you would take two minutes and research who qualifies as a Dreamer, you'd see that's true. These people GREW UP here in America. The only reason they aren't "Americans" is because of a piece of paper.

Old 01-28-2018, 07:08 AM

Quote:
No it isn't. Really it isn't. You enter the country illegally at your own risk. There is no "they encouraged me" defense. FBI agents routinely pretend to be criminals and arguably entrap people.. but that doesn't get them off. Ultimately your decisions are your own no matter what "encouragement" you receive. DACA's it seem get special treatment under the law.
Except Dreamers were brought here as children which means it was NOT their decision.

Old 01-28-2018, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
For the bajillionth time...they have NO way to apply "the right way." DACA provides for that.
For the gazillionth time.. they can leave and apply the right way.

Quote:
Their HOME is America!!!
Nope.. not legally or morally. Just in their mind. My home is mansion in california... too bad that isn't reality.

Old 01-28-2018, 07:09 AM

Quote:
I know you are but what am I?

Grow up.
An important step in maturity is researching a topic before attempting to debate it.

Old 01-28-2018, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
An important step in maturity is researching a topic before attempting to debate it.
Whatever. Sometimes a concept is just simple. Those who try to conflate it do so in order to avoid the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies