Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2018, 11:47 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
I wonder who is writing Nunes' talking points.

In any case, to me, it doesn't matter if Page OR Papadopolous OR Flynn OR Mannafort or anyone else ever sat in a meeting with President Trump.

What matters to me (and should matter to other Americans) is whether Page, Papadopolous, Flynn, Mannafort or anyone else sat in on meetings with the Russians or other foreign governments to discuss the American election.

I have never seen this whole thing as being about Trump. I've always seen it about our electoral process, and how much foreign influences played a role in the outcome.

I am not talking about Russians stuffing ballot boxes, but rather whether foreign governments offered incriminating evidence to either or both campaigns, cut quid pro quid deals with either campaign OR people involved in those campaigns, or manipulated voters with false information.

I have never cared where the chips may fall. Republican, Democrat, makes no difference to me. (I'd be pushing for a Mueller like investigation if Clinton had won as well, by the way).

I just want to know that when I go to vote this year and in the future that I am voting for what is actually "right and true" for America, rather than some foreign government's version of it.
Well said. And I agree completely.

My take is also that it tends to become about Trump because instead of having his lawyers or delegated staff be the front for or fight this Russia battle, he inserts himself into the process. That's how he operated in a New York City world but it doesn't translate well into the Presidency.

But then he never did make "the pivot."

As for voter's being manipulated with false information, I agree that there's a line being crossed when that disinformation campaign is coordinated with a foreign government.

We seem to be crossing a number of lines these days with as ChristineVA pointed out - this releasing of House Intel Committee memorandums - particularly if - as alleged - Nunes coordinated his memo with the White House.

What happened to the division of powers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2018, 11:50 AM

8,391 posts, read 7,646,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Anyone notice how the senate intelligence committee investigation is moving along silently with no fanfare as it should. Even the senate judiciary committees investigation has been fairly silent other than Grassley's memo to "help" out the FBI in addition to Feinstein's release of the Fusion GPS testimony.

Compare those to committees to the house investigation, like night and day.
Interesting point. It would be great if everyone in DC could just keep their mouths shut for a while.

Old 02-05-2018, 11:54 AM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Interesting point. It would be great if everyone in DC could just keep their mouths shut for a while.
We can dream.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-05-2018, 11:58 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Default The Top Dog at the NSA blew the whistle. Trump knew.

Mike Rodgers, Top Dog of the NSA under Obama, blew the whistle to Trump that Obama was spying on him illegally.

Rodgers met with Trump at Trump Tower and the next day moved his campaign to his NJ resort.
That was when Trump tweeted Obama was wiretapping his campaign.

Trump knows exactly what has been going down to ruin him and now the presidency.
He is letting these people hang themselves.

Justice will be served, short of an assassination(aka. JFK'ed)

https://www.npr.org/2016/11/22/50298...on-his-way-out

Old 02-05-2018, 11:59 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,340,269 times
^The above post bears no remote resemblance to anything factual. If you believe the above post, you just might be a Trump Cultist.

Back in the real world, Trump is being investigated by Republicans for criminal collusion with the Kremlin, and is in the waning days of his nightmare administration.

The desperate attempts at misdirection, like the previous post, are driven by Kremlin bots and Trump's hard-core Deplorables, with him till the bitter end.

Old 02-05-2018, 12:03 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
^The above post bears no remote resemblance to anything factual. If you believe the above post, you just might be a Trump Cultist.

Back in the real world, Trump is being investigated by Republicans for criminal collusion with the Kremlin, and is in the waning days of his nightmare administration.

The desperate attempts at misdirection, like the previous post, are driven by Kremlin bots and Trump's hard-core Deplorables, with him till the bitter end.

Dang! and I even posted a source and I get called for provocation.
I can win for losing...
Obama was PO'ed Bigly

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/20/u...el-rogers.html

Old 02-05-2018, 12:05 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,946,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
What non-denial denial?

DOJ was clear they found not one iota of evidence to support Trump's claim that Obama wiretapped him.

Case closed.
This is a denial: Both FBI and NSD confirm that they have no records related to wiretaps (of Trump Towers).

This is a non-denial denial: “Both FBI and NSD confirm that they have no records related to wiretaps as described by the March 4, 2017 tweets.”

Old 02-05-2018, 12:07 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
This is a denial: Both FBI and NSD confirm that they have no records related to wiretaps (of Trump Towers).

This is a non-denial denial: “Both FBI and NSD confirm that they have no records related to wiretaps as described by the March 4, 2017 tweets.”
Why would the FBI need to deny a conspiracy theory that wasn't even being peddled? Trump tweeted that he was being wiretapped. The FBI categorically that there was no truth behind the tweets. I don't know what you're ranting about, but there is nothing here.

Old 02-05-2018, 12:08 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Nunes is on Rush Limbaugh's radio show NOW 2:00PM EST/11:00AM PST

Old 02-05-2018, 12:18 PM

2,499 posts, read 3,406,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post

You mean Obama's FBI and DOJ are the good guys in this game? And they were protecting the American voters from Trump? What happened next? Why did Hillary Clinton still *LOSE* the election when she had so many arms of the government, the major news groups, and George Soros working for her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies