Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2018, 11:29 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,069,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
first i've heard of it.

evidence to support the claim?
https://mobile.twitter.com/drawandst...79415113048065

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...urt-hes-a-spy/

And don't make complaints about it coming from CTH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2018, 11:31 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,584,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Your first link doesn't work. Your second link is, well, from the Conservative Tree House and has about the same amount of credibility as a treehouse occupied by children.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:32 AM

8,497 posts, read 3,339,003 times
Quote:
Why is no one discussing that Carter Page was an undercover employee for the FBI as late as April 2017?

And that the FBI knew this when they submitted a FISA request on him?
You may have to provide some background info. to get comments. My apologies if it's buried in the beginning of the thread - I wasn't following this early on, which may be true for others.

My general observation is that the word you probably want to use is "informant" not "employee." Not unusual for the FBI to provide payments to individuals for information. This says nothing about whether or not they are themselves a subject of interest who may later be surveilled.

But, again, I don't know the details - and as the old saying goes ... the devil's in the details.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Your first link doesn't work. Your second link is, well, from the Conservative Tree House and has about the same amount of credibility as a treehouse occupied by children.
Sorry, it works for me. Stealth Jeff on Twitter. I'm sure you could search.

CTH is not Infowars. Try reading it before you just shoot it down.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:40 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,095,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
first i've heard of it.

evidence to support the claim?
Quote:
I posted about this last night.

Carter Page said last night in an interview that we worked with the FBI as a witness. The House Intel Committee transcripts of Page also mention him working with the FBI.

There is no question that Carter Page has been working with the FBI since at least 2013.

It's hard to imagine that he was working with the FBI to help proscute Russians, then the FBI claims Page is a Russian spy, but that seems to be what happened.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Sorry, it works for me. Stealth Jeff on Twitter. I'm sure you could search.

CTH is not Infowars. Try reading it before you just shoot it down.
Could you write a one-sentence summary of the allegation?

I clicked on CTH but I'm not about to wade through all the detail. Here, I'll say that often publications like that frequently bury the reader in various "facts" with endless links - with the sheer volume seemingly creating the mirage of well-researched evidence. But it's an allusion. A deceptive one.

IF the point is that Carter Page received some sort of payment from the FBI along the way, again (like I first said), so what? Why is that relevant?

Old 02-06-2018, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
You may have to provide some background info. to get comments. My apologies if it's buried in the beginning of the thread - I wasn't following this early on, which may be true for others.

My general observation is that the word you probably want to use is "informant" not "employee." Not unusual for the FBI to provide payments to individuals for information. This says nothing about whether or not they are themselves a subject of interest who may later be surveilled.

But, again, I don't know the details - and as the old saying goes ... the devil's in the details.
There is a Reuters story referring to Page as an "employee". I'll switch to my desk top and see if I can post some direct quotes.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:42 AM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
So I did a quick search of "Carter Page FBI informant."

We've got an article in GatewayPundit about how "Carter Page was working as an under-cover employee (UCE) of the FBI, helping them to build a case against “Evgeny Buryakov."

Next on the list is Ron "Secret Society" Johnson in Brietbart claiming that Carter Page may have been included in the secret society of folks within the DOJ and FBI.

It goes downhill from there.

But you get the drift.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:42 AM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
Quote:
Your first link doesn't work.
the first link just cites the 2nd link.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
There is a Reuters story referring to Page as an "employee". I'll switch to my desk top and see if I can post some direct quotes.
Yes ... I did see on CTH ... that there is a payment code UCE1 ... where the E refers to employee. I wouldn't necessarily take that for anything other than a kind of "informant" with all the implications that come with it.

Again ... it's those details.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies