Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trump's military parade: yes or no?
Yes. 37 16.37%
No, 170 75.22%
Don't care. 19 8.41%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 10:38 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,091,368 times

Advertisements

I would much rather see the millions of dollars a parade would probably cost go towards a one-time bonus for current military members, or donated to the Wounded Warriors Project.

Something that would actually make an impact to our great service men and women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2018, 10:38 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,824,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Can't believe we have a 39 page topic about something that Trump never said.

I guess it goes to show how Trump Haters still believe the MSM without question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
They don't have to worry. Trump never said anything alleged in the OP.
Were you in the meeting? Did you get confirmation he never said it? Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

Confirmation from NPR:
A U.S. official has confirmed the request to NPR. On Tuesday evening, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders shared in a statement that "President Trump is incredibly supportive of America's great service members who risk their lives every day to keep our country safe." She added, "He has asked the Department of Defense to explore a celebration at which all Americans can show their appreciation."

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...nnsylvania-ave

Not a denial:
An aide to President Trump early Wednesday criticized the media for questioning the president's request for a military parade.

“I’m not sure why the media doesn’t want to have a parade for the military,” Marc Short, the White House's director of legislative affairs, told MSNBC’s Hallie Jackson.

Trump aide hits media for questioning military parade | TheHill

And the coup de grâce:
U.S. President Donald Trump wants a military parade in Washington to top the one he watched last Bastille Day in France, ordering Pentagon leaders to make plans for the show of military might in the American capital.

No date has been set for the parade, but the Defense Department said it is "in the process of determining specific details."
https://www.voanews.com/a/pentagon-s...-/4242444.html

bye

Old 02-07-2018, 10:42 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,810,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I would much rather see the millions of dollars a parade would probably cost go towards a one-time bonus for current military members, or donated to the Wounded Warriors Project.

Something that would actually make an impact to our great service men and women.
You would think that would be something 100% of us could agree on, but the hard core trumpees will never question their leader. Very unpatriotic, I think. Dissent is democratic.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:46 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,526,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Did he “demand” it be done?

As some posters have printed out military parades have been done in the past in this country.

It would be nice to see disagreements of a military parade without the childish name calling of our President Donald Trump.

Maybe having a parade will bring lacking recognition, respect, and funding for our current soldier, past Vets, and their families.

Will it make us look bad like we want to start a war?
Don’t know.

I am greatfull I do live in a Country that does have such a powerful and well organized military.
Without it, our lives would be very different.
Maybe we would want a parade then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I am a (war) veteran. He is not. I don't need his respect, neither does my family ... and especially neither do the families of the fallen ... some of whom I carried dead off the field while this piece of —— paid a doctor to write him a note about “bone spurs” (he now can't even recall which foot he said they were on).

He's NOT my president. He's yours. You elected the fool. I warned against him. He is mentally ill. Deranged. There are no words too strong to condemn the living abortion that is Donald J Chump.
You have walked a different life than me. I did not serve. Thank you for yours.
I can see the anger in him getting out of service.(I am going to look this up)

He is our President. We are Americans and he is our President.
As much as one doesn’t like the person, he is our President.

I for my own reasons have not liked past Presidents, but I respected the office and respected those that voted that person in.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:46 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,719,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
bible thumping, gun tottin', third grade edjumacted, sister marryin' trumpster morons with bad teeth ain't saying a military parade is a good idea, we be saying it is not goose steppin' propaganda.

perhaps the military deserves some public praise these days. the armed forces are amazing people.

the hate is so evident on this thread. smdh
You think it evidence of "hate" that many of us don't want our military to be used as props to bolster the self-esteem of the narcissist-in-chief?

Using the military as personal playthings is what despots do.
Only those with no respect for the military would support this authoritarian display.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:58 AM

863 posts, read 796,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
You have walked a different life than me. I did not serve. Thank you for yours.
I can see the anger in him getting out of service.(I am going to look this up)

He is our President. We are Americans and he is our President.
As much as one doesn’t like the person, he is our President.

I for my own reasons have not liked past Presidents, but I respected the office and respected those that voted that person in.
And every single military or former military member on this thread would follow his orders, provided they were not unlawful, because that is what WE do.

It's called DUTY. We don't have to like it, him, or anything else, but we swore an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States and that's what we do.

As Robert Raiford liked to say, we are the United States of the Offended. Time to move on.

Old 02-07-2018, 11:05 AM

11,223 posts, read 8,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
Maybe find all the women who ever slept with him and have them march as well, carrying blown up condoms instead of balloons? Stormy Daniels could lead them, waving a rolled-up Forbes magazine in place of a baton.
No way, his supporters have been very outspoken that they don't like tens of thousands of angry, overweight and ugly women marching in protest.... (Their paraphrased words, not mine.)

Old 02-07-2018, 11:08 AM

8,392 posts, read 7,654,185 times
My husband is retired military. He said he'd much rather Trump show support for the military by flying over to visit the troops in Afghanistan rather than watching the military parade around for show.

He hated when he and his company had to do public events like parades when he was in the military because it took time away from their real jobs, and, often, also away from the limited time they had with their families.

Also, he reminded me that he didn't join the military to be "celebrated" by the public. He joined because he believed he was protecting America. He didn't need a parade to feel good about doing that.

I don't have a problem if the President wants a few troops to march in a July 4th parade in DC. Service people do public events like that all the time.

But a massive parade of troops will just be a waste of taxpayer money and a waste of the military's time and resources.

Instead, let those service men and woman have an extra day off with their families as a "reward" for their service. Trust me, they'll appreciate that more.

Last edited by RosieSD; 02-07-2018 at 11:28 AM..

Old 02-07-2018, 11:09 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
You think it evidence of "hate" that many of us don't want our military to be used as props to bolster the self-esteem of the narcissist-in-chief?

Using the military as personal playthings is what despots do.
Only those with no respect for the military would support this authoritarian display.
It's just a word the right likes to throw around because we are not in favor of fake patriotism designed to stroke Trump's mammoth ego.

I do believe that 'hate' is their favorite word if that tells you anything about modern day conservatives.

I have heard from several Vets today that they think this north Korean display is so much BS. Give the sum total of the money that would be spent to our vets.

Old 02-07-2018, 11:13 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,091,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
You would think that would be something 100% of us could agree on, but the hard core trumpees will never question their leader. Very unpatriotic, I think. Dissent is democratic.
I too wish that were the case.

One of the biggest military parades in the country is in POTUS Trump's hometown of New York City every November on Veteran's day. I wonder if he is aware of that. Details & Schedule – New York City Veterans Day Parade
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies