Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 11:07 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,560,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
You're correct. He did not have top security clearance, because he couldn't qualify for it.

But his position required it because he used, reviewed, and discussed highly classified information on a daily basis.

If you think his job was "not much" tell that to General Kelly, the Chief of Staff. Porter was his right hand man. So, I guess that means that Kelly's job is "not much" as well.

Absolutely. He was present at every meeting - hearing classified information that is so highly classified the title is classified.

Trump and his ilk were so very worried about classified information - yet their own officer's can't manage to get top security clearance. And they share classified info anyway. Hey, no biggie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
This whole thing should not be turned into something political.

No man should never, never, never hit or threaten violence to any lady. One obvious exception is if she has a weapon and she is coming at him but other than that never.
It's political because this wife-beater was serving in a very high profile role and was unable to obtain security clearance. He got top secret information anyway.

That's what makes it political. PLUS - the great General John Kelly who knew ALL about it - went on the record to say what a fine, upstanding man he was.

Old 02-09-2018, 11:28 AM

3,306 posts, read 1,349,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
makes one wonder who are the other serial abusers that are hiding out in the white house
Deplorable is too kind a word to describe the filth who continue to support this administration. The ineptitude aside, there is a serious pattern of abuse committed by men in this administration. Punch a spouse? Don’t worry Porter, deplorables actually celebrate this. By the way, Trump says you did a good job! All the best, XOXO Trump.

Old 02-09-2018, 11:32 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,053,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Absolutely. He was present at every meeting - hearing classified information that is so highly classified the title is classified.

Trump and his ilk were so very worried about classified information - yet their own officer's can't manage to get top security clearance. And they share classified info anyway. Hey, no biggie.

It's political because this wife-beater was serving in a very high profile role and was unable to obtain security clearance. He got top secret information anyway.

That's what makes it political. PLUS - the great General John Kelly who knew ALL about it - went on the record to say what a fine, upstanding man he was.
And this guy was way up there operating without the property security clearance....he was an easy mark for being bribed......

If this had happened in a Democratic govt.....conservatives would be having Hannity melt downs and Limbaugh rages....lol.

Let's agree -- it's awful and Kelly knew.

Kelly is proving not to be the man of morality that everyone -- and I mean everyone assumed he was. He is definitely showing his shady side. We thought he would be good for The White House and we find he may be even swampier than Trump

Old 02-09-2018, 12:05 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,170,318 times
So Trump finally comments and this is what he had to say???

"We wish him well," the president said. "He worked very hard. I found out about it recently and I was surprised by it. But we certainly wish him well. It's obviously a tough time for him. He did a very good job when he was in the White House. And we hope he has a wonderful career, and hopefully he will have a great career ahead of him. But it was very sad when we heard about it, and certainly he's also very sad. Now he also as you probably know, he says he's innocent. And I think you have to remember that. He said very strongly yesterday that he's innocent. So you'll have to talk to him about that. But we absolutely wish him well. Did a very good job while he was at the White House."

Old 02-09-2018, 12:11 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,239,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post

"We wish him well," the president said. "He worked very hard. I found out about it recently and I was surprised by it. But we certainly wish him well. It's obviously a tough time for him. He did a very good job when he was in the White House. And we hope he has a wonderful career, and hopefully he will have a great career ahead of him. But it was very sad when we heard about it, and certainly he's also very sad. Now he also as you probably know, he says he's innocent. And I think you have to remember that. He said very strongly yesterday that he's innocent. So you'll have to talk to him about that. But we absolutely wish him well. Did a very good job while he was at the White House."
Can't wait to see the spin they put on this.

Will it be, Oh he said he was innocent, so I believe him because Trump says so too!

Or maybe, Those ex wives/girlfriends were Obama holdouts and work for the deeps state to derail the trump administration!

Or, BUT BUT BUT HILLARY!!!

Old 02-09-2018, 12:19 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,092,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Can't wait to see the spin they put on this.

Will it be, Oh he said he was innocent, so I believe him because Trump says so too!

Or maybe, Those ex wives/girlfriends were Obama holdouts and work for the deeps state to derail the trump administration!

Or, BUT BUT BUT HILLARY!!!
Oh, you know they will now go after the women he abused. Because that's how they roll.

And I thought Kelly was different. But it turns out he knew about Porter's abusiveness all along, and didn't have a problem with it until it was exposed. He probably thought the women must have deserved it. There's no other way he could have turned a blind eye to it.

It turns out he fits right in with this misogynistic White House.

Old 02-09-2018, 12:22 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,239,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Oh, you know they will now go after the women he abused. Because that's how they roll.

And I thought Kelly was different. But it turns out he knew about Porter's abusiveness all along, and didn't have a problem with it until it was exposed. He probably thought the women must have deserved it. There's no other way he could have turned a blind eye to it.

It turns out he fits right in with this misogynistic White House.
I am so disappointed in Kelly. I really had thought he was a man of principals and integrity. Now, not so much.

Old 02-09-2018, 12:29 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,812,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
Deplorable is too kind a word to describe the filth who continue to support this administration. The ineptitude aside, there is a serious pattern of abuse committed by men in this administration. Punch a spouse? Don’t worry Porter, deplorables actually celebrate this. By the way, Trump says you did a good job! All the best, XOXO Trump.
Exactly. The women are all liars. The men claim innocence. Trump, Moore, Wynn, Porter. Disgusting culture in that WH.

Old 02-09-2018, 12:30 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,324,900 times
Quote:

What a wordsmith Trump is. His repetitiveness reminds me of talking to old people in nursing homes.

Old 02-09-2018, 12:30 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,095,000 times
Quote:

what an idiot-in-chief
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies