Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2018, 07:42 PM

39,950 posts, read 26,685,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Congressional hearing were held today on Russian meddling in our political process and were told that the Russians are gearing up to disrupt the 2018 mid-terms.

That is a far more important story than one about a painter who made a idiotic painting of a black woman holding a severed white head.

I am sure that we can find many a white artist that drew just as disturbing images.
Would these be the same Russians that Obama told he would have more flexibility with after the election? The same ones that Obama attacked Romney for identifying as a threat, saying "the 1980s called and want their foreign policy back"? The same Russians that the Obama admin sold 20% of America's Uranium to? Maybe they are the Russians that paid Bill Clinton 1/2 million dollars for a 1/2 hour speech? Just want to make sure I have the right ones in mind here.

As far as the "story about a painter"-it's a story about a racist a-hole that used a racist painter to create a really weird little portrait of himself. Now...any idea if this "official portrait" was paid for with taxpayer dollars? That I haven't seen covered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2018, 07:43 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,348,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Your question is BS but I'd rather have hidden sperm in a painting than a wife beater with no security clearance as the president's right hand man in the White House.
I agree and all of the posters talking about sperm are acting like it's actual body fluid instead of tiny symbols hidden in plain sight...IF it's even true. Personally, I don't believe any conspiracy theory that is spread by FOX News and Hannity. If it turns out to be true, it's not a big deal. Quite of few famous artists have put secret symbols in their paintings. It's part of the mystique that comes with the study of art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Would these be the same Russians that Obama told he would have more flexibility with after the election? The same ones that Obama attacked Romney for identifying as a threat, saying "the 1980s called and want their foreign policy back"? The same Russians that the Obama admin sold 20% of America's Uranium to? Maybe they are the Russians that paid Bill Clinton 1/2 million dollars for a 1/2 hour speech? Just want to make sure I have the right ones in mind here.

As far as the "story about a painter"-it's a story about a racist a-hole that used a racist painter to create a really weird little portrait of himself. Now...any idea if this "official portrait" was paid for with taxpayer dollars? That I haven't seen covered.
The Smithsonian Museum gave the Obama's a list of artists to chose from and they chose two from that list. Each painting cost $500,000 and were paid for by private parties. When the official portraits that will hang in the White House are completed, I'm not sure who pays for them.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 02-13-2018 at 07:52 PM..

Old 02-13-2018, 07:47 PM

20,846 posts, read 17,200,981 times
note to self. secret symbols may be male bodily fluids.

Old 02-13-2018, 08:02 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,607,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
The thread is about the fact that they selected a painter who advocates killing white people...or was that to difficult?
Yea, that's what she advocates.

Pres. Obama has more integrity and character in lis little finger than the dumba** in the White House has earned in his entire life.

Oh yea, most Americans would pick Obama over Trump, because he is a better person, and a better President.

Deal with it.

Old 02-13-2018, 08:11 PM

20,846 posts, read 17,200,981 times
Many of us know the secret that you do not know. It's hard to believe that you've been played.

My sympathies.

Old 02-13-2018, 08:13 PM

9,549 posts, read 7,122,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post

The Smithsonian Museum gave the Obama's a list of artists to chose from and they chose two from that list. Each painting cost $500,000 and were paid for by private parties. When the official portraits that will hang in the White House are completed, I'm not sure who pays for them.
Half a million each? For that?

Old 02-13-2018, 08:48 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,607,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Many of us know the secret that you do not know. It's hard to believe that you've been played.

My sympathies.
The secret….. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!

Pssst……Did Alex Jones share it with you?

Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!

Old 02-13-2018, 10:08 PM

33,538 posts, read 12,776,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So what.

Obama won and got out of the White House without a single scandal
I'm not going to argue with you about it, but that is a matter of opinion based on one's definition of what is scandalous, or constitutes a scandal.

Quote:
You’d better worry about the cabal working at the White House right now instead of dredging up memories of Reverend Wright.
Not everything is 'Us vs. Them'. Not everyone who was critical of Obama re Reverend Wright is a Republican, or a Trump supporter, nor are all even white.

Old 02-13-2018, 10:44 PM

89,673 posts, read 45,290,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Reverend Wright earned the right to say whatever he felt like saying.
Sure, just as long as everyone understands it was extremely racist in the 'Hate Whitey' vein, and he was Obama's Spiritual Advisor for 20+ years.

Old 02-13-2018, 10:48 PM

89,673 posts, read 45,290,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Let me guess. You were NOT an art history major in college. Nor apparently a biblical studies student, since the scene portrayed is a take on bible story.
The artist himself stated the works are his take on "kill whitey."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies