Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Other than the shooter, who do you think is most responsible for the tragedy
Youtube, for deleting the warning comments of someone on the video 1 0.71%
The FBI 19 13.57%
The sheriff and his deputies 19 13.57%
The NRA 21 15.00%
Donald Trump 1 0.71%
The Second Amendment 6 4.29%
The FBI AND the sheriff and deputies and maybe Youtube too 51 36.43%
Other 22 15.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 05:51 PM

1,323 posts, read 589,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I realize your concern as a parent. Its unfortunate, we live in a world with a bunch of mentally troubled people.

Lets not kid ourselves that any law(s) will make this go away, because it will NOT! To believe any law will make this stop is intentionally being delusional. Is there any laws that will help mitigate gun violence/deaths? Absolutely! and we already have them in place, yet we fail to even enforce them
I'm not foolish enough to believe any law will keep my children (two younger ones that I also have to worry about) safe, even if some are more vigorously enforced. I posted earlier that the solution is not prevention, but survival. There is something nilisitically wrong with American culture, something fetid that I can't really pinpoint. The only thing I can do is shield my kids, either physically or by reducing exposure to hot spots, or emigrate elsewhere (which is a current topic of discussion at home).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2018, 05:52 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=rMRkGeQM8fw

Called a gas pedal. It's this long skinny thing on the right. When you press it while the car is in drive or reverse, it will move...
We know. That is what the white supremacist did in Charlottesville when he drove his car into a crowd and killed a woman. Even with that, he only managed to kill one person, not 17.

Old 02-14-2018, 05:52 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,373,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
If he was a DACA or illegal, then its advantage Trump.
Nicolas de Jesus Cruz, problem child, kicked out of school, followed "resistance" Facebook pages, participated in Youtube discussions about making bombs, followed Syrian resistance groups. Sounds like a liberal democrat Antifa poster child.

Old 02-14-2018, 05:53 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
As Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold found out, it's easier to just shoot people than to blow them up. None of the many bombs they made went off at Columbine. There has to be some reasons that bombs are rarer than guns.
Columbine was 19 years ago. The internet has grown much since then.

3,841 posts, read 1,980,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
They're called bombs. Look em up when you have a chance.
Unfortunately, if we ban semi automatic weapons, bombs will be next. People who are determined will succeed. We are raising crazies here. That’s a fact. Now I do believe semi automatic weapons have no place in the home. I am so far from a gun fanatic. Never owned one and don’t think I have ever seen one besides holstered to a cop. And the pellet gun i used to shoot at my weekend house upstate ny with my father. Used to shoot at a can lol
Point is, yes I believe semi automatic weapons should be banned for the average person. No need. A hand gun is enough protection to bear arms for protection. But I do not believe it will solve our problems. Homemade bombs will take their place. Or cars.
We have a problem in this country and it’s not all guns. It’s hate. It’s lack of morals. Lack of values. No value for life.

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
So when (maybe now) will our government start taking steps about mental illness??

This has to stop, and its not a gun issue, its a mental illness issue

Old 02-14-2018, 05:54 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,501,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
We know. That is what the white supremacist did in Charlottesville when he drove his car into a crowd and killed a woman. Even with that, he only managed to kill one person, not 17.
Forget the Home Depot assault truck in NYC? 8 bicyclists...

Old 02-14-2018, 05:55 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,373,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
So? It didn't count because the body count was low that time? What about New York where 8 were killed with a truck, or Paris where 86 were killed by a terrorist with a truck, that could easily happen in the US. Of course then you couldn't exploit the victims and push your gun ban agenda.

17,717 posts, read 13,544,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Well a automatic weapon and semi automatic weapon fires so many rounds per minute and capable of killing a great deal of people than non automatic weapons. Here in Australia there are shootings but much less people do get killed from gunshots. Australia also had a buyback scheme and when automatic and semi automatic weapons were banned the government introduced in a buyback scheme and people could give them up in return for money and it worked. Since then which was 20 years ago there not been mass shootings in Australia. Yet of course there been hostage events with the hostage taker having a gun, yet it not automatic or semi automatic, and very few people get killed from it.

Yet of course you can own a gun still in Australia and it normal even for farmers to own one, even if there are stricter gun laws. There are even shooting clubs around here too.
One can buy a gun by going down the right street in the right neighborhood I know places where I can buy a gun from someone else less then an hour away. Automatic or not as I said below the point here is that some people lost their lives to someone who has issues or just doesn't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
But nothing is as efficient and quick.

It doesn't matter how someone's life can be taken the point was and is that it was taken not how or by what but by who and why?

4,851 posts, read 2,286,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
What's your point? Nothing, got it.

There is really not a dumber way of posting than asking a question and then immediately following it with "Nothing, got it" before the poster you are asking has even read your post to respond.

So no,you don't "got it".

The point is that fully auto weapons are difficult to get. And as a result you don't see them used in mass shootings, even though they would obviously be much more effective than semi auto.

If you want to ask questions, act like an adult and attempt to have a reasonable conversation rather than post juvenile stuff like your post quoted above.

Or, maybe , you should get off your dads computer that he left on and quit embarrassing him with your posts under his name.

And to preempt all the "gun grabber" responses, I am not advocating for gun control. We are too far gone now , and I am of the opinion that the best choice now is to arm up in case you run into one of these nutters. But the question was asked , and I gave an answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies