Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 08:53 PM

2,819 posts, read 2,115,817 times

Advertisements

This thread is a total failure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2018, 09:01 PM

50,357 posts, read 47,109,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
This thread is a total failure.
It's like watching a crappy commercial about slap chop over and over and over. No new material. No one does ANY research. Pure emotion and zero logic.

Old 02-18-2018, 09:05 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,393,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Besides creating a black market as mentioned, others will take up re-loading.
Let it happen.
Home reloading would never meet demand, and black market ammunition is never as safe or reliable as the good factory-made stuff.

Let the shooters who want to take a chance using either take it if they want it. Anyone has the right to blow his gun up if he wants.

The gun owners can either wait and buy domestic new good ammunition, or they can pay a ton of money more for the good ammo the black market imports illegally, when and if it is available.

Or they can always go out and buy themselves a sporting arm and use any ammunition they want. Those guns are better, safer to use, and more versatile anyway.

A 100-year old 30-30 in good condition is still more reliable and safer than a new AR-15. And it's still good for killing an elk, not just a person. The ammo is cheaper, too.

Outside of military combat, the AR-15 is nothing but a very lethal toy that isn't well suited for anything but killing humans.

Old 02-18-2018, 09:05 PM

2,819 posts, read 2,115,817 times
In all seriousness, I really hope that Sig sorts out their issues with the P365. For those so inclined, it would be a great little carry.

Old 02-18-2018, 09:07 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,144,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Let it happen.
Home reloading would never meet demand, and black market ammunition is never as safe or reliable as the good factory-made stuff.

Let the shooters who want to take a chance using either take it if they want it. Anyone has the right to blow his gun up if he wants.

The gun owners can either wait and buy domestic new good ammunition, or they can pay a ton of money more for the good ammo the black market imports illegally, when and if it is available.

Or they can always go out and buy themselves a sporting arm and use any ammunition they want. Those guns are better, safer to use, and more versatile anyway.

A 100-year old 30-30 in good condition is still more reliable and safer than a new AR-15. And it's still good for killing an elk, not just a person. The ammo is cheaper, too.

Outside of military combat, the AR-15 is nothing but a very lethal toy that isn't well suited for anything but killing humans.
Careful, your ignorance is showing.

Old 02-18-2018, 09:09 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
The black market is unlikely ......

MA has a ban on assault weapons and I assume (never tried) I cannot buy vast quantities of the ammo for such without some checking out. Lowest gun deaths in the country. I wonder why? It's very urban. This usually creates more.

Tell me where you live, I can mail it. I accept Paypal.

Old 02-18-2018, 09:13 PM

50,357 posts, read 47,109,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Let it happen.

You still driving a model T? Use an abacus? That internet you're using has probably contributed more to the downfall of society than anything. But, keep talkin.

Old 02-18-2018, 09:14 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You still driving a model T? Use an abacus? That internet you're using has probably contributed more to the downfall of society than anything. But, keep talkin.
He is still win 95ing it.

Old 02-18-2018, 09:18 PM

10,356 posts, read 8,583,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
With all the outrage over the AR right now, I'm amused that this poster left .223 off his list. Haha.
That's because it is the typical anti gunner just throwing crap out and seeing what and if anything sticks without any understanding or knowledge.
The 223 is the most common ar15 ammo available because it is generally cheaper than 5.56.

Old 02-18-2018, 09:21 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,872,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
So you want to make ammunition illegal? Effectively creating a massive black market?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Besides creating a black market as mentioned, others will take up re-loading.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I have been reloading for over ten years.

I have dies for most calibers including some calibers not seen since the thirties.

I can crank out 200 rounds an hour especially the .223 caliber, 7.62X39, .308, most pistol calibers.

So bring on the ban, I have thousands of rounds and can reload thousands more.
these guys are right. and since the bullet itself isnt the ammunition, and neither is the primer, the powder, or the case, those will still be available on the open market, so reloading will become a cottage industry.

and lets say you even manage to make it illegal to buy the components of the ammunition. no big deal there either. it isnt hard to make the case, cast the bullets, make the primers, or make the powder. lead is cheap by the way. where there is a will, there is a way. that said however, criminals likely wont be reloading their own rounds as they dont have the patience to do so. same with rampage killers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies