Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2018, 05:39 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatHerder View Post
That would also be my dad, born in 1921. He thought he deserved to be waited on hand and foot and my mother, who came from a family of immigrants, did it because she didn't realize this wasn't normal. For example, she would get up at 5:30 a.m. during the week to pour his cereal in the bowl and the milk on top of it, pour his orange juice in the glass, cut his grapefruit in half, sprinkle it with sugar, and halve a maraschino cherry and place it in the center. No, he wasn't going off to toil in the fields or in a factory, he had a low-stress white collar job promoting safety strategies for his company. And the opportunity to travel all over the world on the company dime. I still don't understand why he wasn't ashamed to be treated like a man-baby. Perhaps because he was an only child doted on by his own mother, who referred to him, even as an adult, as Sonny Boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
When mom went back to work after 25 years of services as a housewife dad had a bit of an adjustment period. She went to work a few hours before him so OMG he had to fix his own breakfast but she would put two slices of bread in the toaster and lay out two eggs and put sausage or bacon in the skillet for him.
This kind of crap is honestly more pathetic BS than anything else in this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2018, 05:46 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
All modern societies evolved out of agrarian societies. The need for men to work in fields, factories, and in war began to diminish because machines did the "equalizing" work.

And so the equalizing of the genders is not something that "men granted" but which society needed and women rightly demanded. There were a lot of changes from those days but men like you, living in todays world, have become lazy, entitled and soft. Come out of the dark ages.
In other words after men did all the hard work, move over boys we'll take over from here. Men are still running the machines and keeping modernity going. No society needs feminist any more than it needs any other form of egalitarianism. It's not true equality to "equalize" what's non-identical.

Old 02-27-2018, 05:54 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Show me one post by a woman in this thread where she says men should do ALL the cooking and cleaning. Women have said those tasks should be shared. Not necessarily 50/50, but shared to some extent.

Then show me a post of yours where you say the same. If you can’t find one, I think we know who supports unfairness and who doesn’t.
He hears what he wants to hear. As I said, lazy, entitled and narcissistic aand as it seems by what he posts... misogynistic. Do we really expect a narcissist to give any values to other people's opinions? Of course not, and as expected, in their delusions of grandeur view of themselves, they can't.

Old 02-27-2018, 05:56 PM

Narcissists often expect preferential treatment from others.. Narcissists expect others to cater, often instantly to their needs. They also expect it without being considerate in return, the world revolves around them.

Narcissists also have an exaggerated sense of self-importance, believing that others cannot live or survive without his or her magnificent contributions.

mtl1 believe a woman exist to cater to him, and thinks doing his share around the house is beneath him. That's describes a narcissists who thinks the world revolves around him.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...hip-narcissist

Old 02-27-2018, 06:00 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,806,429 times
Quote:
He hears what he wants to hear and only what he wants to hear. As I said, lazy, entitled and narcissistic and its possible, and as it seems by what he posts... misogynistic. Do we really expect a narcissist to give any values to other people's opinions? Of course not, and as expected in their delusions of grandeur view of themselves, they can't.
Yep. Funniest part of it is he thinks the world is going to regress to suit him. Not hardly. I get the feeling that a lot of his issues are based on fear that he can’t compete in today’s world and is being left behind. Women leaving the workplace is probably his dream so he doesn’t have to compete with us.

Old 02-27-2018, 06:03 PM

Feminist are nasty and hostile, evidence they are unsuitable to be in charge of anyone and wouldn't know fairness from a hole in the ground.

Old 02-27-2018, 06:06 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,806,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Feminist are nasty and hostile, evidence they are unsuitable to be in charge of anyone and wouldn't know fairness from a hole in the ground.
Still waiting on those posts I asked for. Having a tough time finding them?

Old 02-27-2018, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Ok, how about I demand you work, come home and clean, expect you to cater to me and don't dare question me or my demands. Are you going to be nice and go with it? I'll bet if I insist you'll get real nasty if not hostile. But as anyone who has dealt with a narcissistic knows, the narcissist does not have the ability to empathize with others so they can never understand, nor are they capable of trying to understand, after all the world revolves around you

Old 02-27-2018, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Ok, how about I demand you work, come home and clean, expect you to cater to me and don't dare question me or my demands. Are you going to be nice and go with it?

Fairness from a hole in the ground? LOL, that describes you.
That's exactly what feminist are doing. Plus they meddle in the workforce remaking it to their liking and benefit. They dragged their big brother government into the home life and workplace. Just question it then they get all nasty and resort to personal attacks. Real good people those feminist are.

Old 02-27-2018, 06:12 PM

Quote:
That's exactly what feminist are doing. Plus they meddle in the workforce remaking it to their liking and benefit. They dragged their big brother government into the home life and workplace. Just question it then they get all nasty and resort to personal attacks. Real good people those feminist are.
wow, you are very closed minded.... just as we expect from a narcissistic person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies