Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 04:15 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,809,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
People lie in surveys and exaggerate particularly feminist, you know. Besides hours worked on housework doesn't factor in difficulty or value, ie, doing yardwork is usually and house repairs is usually more rigorous than most housework.

If I have a domineering, complaining and nagging girlfriend, I head on down the road.
I’m sure people, men and women, have lied on suveys. However, unless you have a study you can cite that proves “feminists” are the bigger offenders, I’ll just take that as one more of your misogynistic BS opinions.

And I’m sure your girlfriends have been broken up by your walking away. Such a tragedy to lose a gem like you. <sarcasm>

Last edited by UNC4Me; 03-01-2018 at 04:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2018, 04:43 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,809,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
Without taking into account hours in paid employment that data is of little relevance. You can't do unpaid work, when your not at home doing paid work.
Here’s a better link: https://www.bls.gov/news.release/atus.nr0.htm

Per the link:

Among full-time workers (those usually working 35 hours or more per week), men worked longer
than women--8.4 hours, compared with 7.8 hours.

Men spent 36 more minutes per WEEK working than women who also work full time. Women who work spend 5.83 more hours per WEEK doing household chores.

Old 03-01-2018, 04:53 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Here’s a better link: https://www.bls.gov/news.release/atus.nr0.htm

Per the link:

Among full-time workers (those usually working 35 hours or more per week), men worked longer
than women--8.4 hours, compared with 7.8 hours.

Men spent 36 more minutes per WEEK working than women who also work full time. Women who work spend 5.83 more hours per WEEK doing household chores.
No according to your link men worked 36 more minutes per day worked so probably about 3 hours a week more.

Old 03-01-2018, 04:59 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
Without taking into account hours in paid employment that data is of little relevance. You can't do unpaid work, when your not at home doing paid work.

Every year Melinda and Bill Gates, write a letter outlining their philanthropic priorities. This year, she devoted her portion of the letter to the burdens of unpaid work on women. Melinda and Bill Gates - Time Poverty

Melinda Gates explains why 'time poverty' is one of the biggest challenges of the modern era - Business Insider

All over the world, women are doing work they're not getting paid for. In rich countries, it might be folding the laundry or staying home to take care of a sick child. In developing countries, unpaid labor tends to be more physically arduous, like hauling water and chopping wood. Wherever you are, it's considered women's work.

Women today will spend hundreds of thousands more hours than boys doing unpaid work simply because society assumes it's their responsibility. According to the OECD and other sources, women devote more time than men to chores in nearly every country. American women spend more than two hours daily on chores, compared to just 82 minutes for men.

"It ends up robbing women of their potential," Gates said. "This is a societal issue that in 2016 shouldn't exist anymore."

Old 03-01-2018, 05:07 PM

In virtually every country, men are able to fit in valuable extra minutes of leisure each day while women spend more time doing unpaid housework.

http://www.oecd.org/gender/data/bala...andleisure.htm

Old 03-01-2018, 05:11 PM

Quote:
People lie in surveys and exaggerate particularly feminist, you know. Besides hours worked on housework doesn't factor in difficulty or value, ie, doing yardwork is usually and house repairs is usually more rigorous than most housework.

If I have a domineering, complaining and nagging girlfriend, I head on down the road.
I'll bet you expect that she would be upset your leaving? pfttt LOLOL. As the last job I'd open the door, start your car and wave bye as you leave. <Good ridance>

He's gone! Yea! What a good day it is! Locks are changed before you even get out of the driveway

Old 03-01-2018, 05:13 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I'll bet you expect that she would cry LOLOL. As the last job I'll open the door and start your car and wave bye as you leave. <wiping hands>

He's gone! Yea!
Good, and if enough men do like me domineering, complaining and nagging feminist would shape up or be left alone with their cats.

Old 03-01-2018, 05:17 PM

Quote:

Do you live in a dump? It seems to need an awful lot of house repairs

Old 03-01-2018, 05:26 PM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
I am from the era when a woman’s place was in the home, and the man was the breadwinner. In many cases, this worked fine.
Fast forward to now. Women have choices, which is great. If their family decides that someone should stay home and raise the kids, either the mother or the dad, then nobody should look down on them for doing so.
If I’m a kid, I want my mom or dad to be home to take care of me.

Old 03-01-2018, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Good, and if enough men do like me domineering, complaining and nagging feminist would shape up or be left alone with their cats.
ROFLMAO So what's to miss? Catering to you?

As I said, men like you are narcissist. Look it up.... Overinflated feelings of self worth, behaves as if he is entitled, expectations of getting special treatment, and if for any reason his demands are not meet, then he becomes enraged. He appears or behaves in an arrogant, haughty, or condescending way towards people. Acts like a petulant child when doesn't get what he wants.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies