Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 01:30 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The fact is it is parents who should be making health decisions for their young children, not the government.

Circumcision is best done at a very early age. If you don’t want your children circumsized than don’t have it done. It is really that simple.
Early age? Child still feels pain, and is NOT able to make that decision for itself. Let it be until that child is an adult.

Old 02-20-2018, 01:31 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
If the religious practice was to cut off ear lobes, these people would argue that cutting off ear lobes would be beneficial for the child, since it would reduce ear infections by 20%!
Also, it would reduce cases of ear lobe bee stings by 100%!

[b]lol, what? Uncircumcised men can get circumcisions whenever they want if they chose to. There is a reason why most do not do it, but most circumcised men wouldn't really understand now, would they?
It's understood alright - adulthood is not the time to be getting one, although I knew a couple of boys in their teens who got them when I was younger, after nagging their parents for years and years.

Old 02-20-2018, 01:33 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
The medical literature is very clear on this one fact - 9 out of 10 heterosexual women prefer male sex partners that are not circumcised. You can Google it.

really?

Men who are uncircumcised can retain moisture between their penis and foreskin. According to Shape, this creates the ideal environment for bacteria to grow, and can increase the risk of infection not only for men, but for their sexual partners.
“Female sex partners of uncircumcised men are at increased risk of bacterial vaginosis,” Supriya Mehta, Ph.D., an epidemiologist at the University of Illinois at Chicago, told Shape.
A circumcision also decreases the risk for a urinary tract infection and penile cancer, although both these conditions are fairly rare to begin with, the Mayo Clinic reported.
In addition, having a foreskin naturally increases the chances of having problems with the foreskin. According to WebMD, some of the most common foreskin troubles include inflammation of the penis head, having a foreskin that is too tight to be pulled back, or having a foreskin that becomes trapped behind the head of the penis after being pulled back.

https://thoughtcatalog.com/lorenzo-j...s-they-prefer/

Old 02-20-2018, 01:33 PM

5,464 posts, read 5,712,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It's understood alright - adulthood is not the time to be getting one, although I knew a couple of boys in their teens who got them when I was younger, after nagging their parents for years and years.
How can you understand it if you've never experienced it or had a choice in the matter?

Old 02-20-2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
What if someone has abusive or mentally ill parents? Parents aren’t always right.

this medical procedure is done at the hospitals by professional doctors. Is not like the parents are going to do it in the kitchen with a kitchen knife.

Old 02-20-2018, 01:41 PM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
It should be outlawed. Leave the babies alone, in their natural state as intended.

Old 02-20-2018, 01:44 PM

18,498 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
And the government is?
Google “what-about-ism”

My point was clear: parents do not always act in the best interests of their children. Yes, governments are often corrupt and dysfunctional, but giving parents 100% authority over their children is not always beneficial. Most parents are good parents, but plenty are not. Children are arguably better off in a foster home then with a parent that burns them with lit cigarettes.

Old 02-20-2018, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
It should be outlawed. Leave the babies alone, in their natural state as intended.

speak for yourself........I thank my momma for letting the doctors circumcized by penis....all my sexual partners like it more and it's easier to clean.

the best-looking part of the penis is the head.....expose that big headed monster.....lol

which one would you rather have, and work that thing women?

https://myhealth.alberta.ca/Health/a...9991339_pi.jpg

Old 02-20-2018, 01:45 PM

18,498 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
this medical procedure is done at the hospitals by professional doctors. Is not like the parents are going to do it in the kitchen with a kitchen knife.
True but irrelevant. Parents shouldn’t be making such decisions for children.

Old 02-20-2018, 01:48 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,923,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
I said this in another thread that circumcised/uncircumcised men was a discussion at work among the females. They definitely seem to prefer circumcised.
What percentage of males are circumcised in that area.
Is it the majority?
Do you think women would answer differently if the majority of men were not circumcised?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
And let's not leave out vasectomies. You can go after men who have those, too, since it's mutilation in your mind and there are other options.
Translation
The concept known as "consent" baffles me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Good idea.
Before a circumcision show the child a picture and let them choose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies