Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 10:34 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I don't think this is really any different than MADD which started out as a grassroots organization. When your fed up, your fed up and you do something about it. MADD had the drinking age changed from 18 to 21. I don't know why you think these kids are misguided. I commend them for their compassion about this.
They are misguided and science deniers. I'm sure they mean well but they are being used by the left.

There was a previous ban and the studies were done. Zero benefit.

Old 02-20-2018, 10:36 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
I don't think this is really any different than MADD which started out as a grassroots organization. When your fed up, your fed up and you do something about it. MADD had the drinking age changed from 18 to 21. I don't know why you think these kids are misguided. I commend them for their compassion about this.

They are misguided because attempting to ban the most popular rifle in America will accomplish nothing.

Even if they could succeed in getting AR rifles banned, it would not prevent future mass shootings or even mass murder by other means.

Old 02-20-2018, 10:39 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
More guns is not the answer. And many don't want them anyway. People want to live in peace, not a war zone where everyone carries a gun.
This is why you will lose on this issue.

More guns is not the answer, but guns in the hands of the right people (teachers, school administrators) is the answer.

Old 02-20-2018, 10:39 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
I'm glad they are proactive and fighting for what they believe in. They are the future and already becoming activists.
I am sure many on the left feel empowered by the ignorance fueled by emotion to "do something" of these kids. Sadly they are pawns that have been brainwashed into thinking semi-automatic weapons are assault weapons, and that banning them will lead to Utopia.

In reality, some day in the future when they are long gone, their ancestors living in a totalitarian state might be asking how a once great constitutional republic with safeguards to protect our freedoms had been lost.
People such as yourself will be part of the reason through your encouragement for them to be leftist activists, though you will never know it.

That is one of the problems with liberalism, as old time liberals will say, "all we wanted was XYZ, but we never thought it would lead to what we have today".
The classic flaw of leftist ideology is the unintended consequences that evolve out of being malcontents.
Sadly they cannot go back and undo the all engulfing fire their spark led to way back when they were young, idealistic and naive.

`

Old 02-20-2018, 10:41 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Every kid I heard on TV says they believe in the 2nd, yet they want to ban ALL semi-automatic weapons. I'm sorry, but these kids absolutely have no idea what they're fighting for.
They absolutely do since they were faced with this tragedy as I'm sure you haven't been. They saw their friends gunned down next to them, dying. These rifles have no business in our society.

Old 02-20-2018, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I am sure many on the left feel empowered by the ignorance fueled by emotion to "do something" of these kids. Sadly they are pawns that have been brainwashed into thinking semi-automatic weapons are assault weapons, and that banning them will lead to Utopia.

In reality, some day in the future when they are long gone, their ancestors living in a totalitarian state might be asking how a once great constitutional republic with safeguards to protect our freedoms had been lost.
People such as yourself will be part of the reason through your encouragement for them to be leftist activists, though you will never know it.

That is one of the problems with liberalism, as old time liberals will say, "all we wanted was XYZ, but we never thought it would lead to what we have today".
The classic flaw of leftist ideology is the unintended consequences that evolve out of being malcontents.
Sadly they cannot go back and undo the all engulfing fire their spark led to way back when they were young, idealistic and naive.

`
I'm not a liberal. I'm a moderate.

Old 02-20-2018, 10:44 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
All emotion which is understandable, but no logic.
I'm sorry all you gun grabbers, but more guns/security is more reliable than a law put on paper that killers will just ignore.

Why is it so hard to grasp that killers will keep on killing no matter what law humans put in place. You guys are so out of touch with reality, thinking these psychotic killers care about your insignificant gun laws. Clearly, over and over again and again gun grabbers have been proven wrong.

Go ahead ban all guns, and when the next mass shooting happens (and it will) you'd be looking to ban something else. Maybe fingers are next (cant pull a trigger efficiently without fingers) right? LOl

Old 02-20-2018, 10:46 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
They absolutely do since they were faced with this tragedy as I'm sure you haven't been. They saw their friends gunned down next to them, dying. These rifles have no business in our society.
And how in detail are you going to get rid of all these riffles, natalie? Do you even know what that entails?

Old 02-20-2018, 10:49 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,990,052 times
I find it funny that these kids that are not even 17 are arranging this . Who’s funding the busses ? Who’s arranging all of these protests ? This kids should go to their school board and protest more security at their schools .

Old 02-20-2018, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
And how in detail are you going to get rid of all these riffles, natalie? Do you even know what that entails?
Yeah, an act of congress. The problem is the NRA controls the republican party. How many have to be killed by these rifles before we do something about it. Look how many were killed in Vegas...we sent prayers and that's all we do time after time. It's just not enough. People's lives are more important than guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies