Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 10:35 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
You really think Twitter locking people out for one night is going to make a dent on anything????????

I don't know if some right-wingers are just hypersensitive or got too much time on their hands.

They don't just target regular followers, they target news organizations, journalist, etc. They delete all of their content (work) and control the conversation.

They also have a feature where they "shadow ban" people where the public can see a particular user's posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2018, 10:38 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,930 times
Twitter is a private business and can do what they want. Conservative snowflakes can always create their own social media platform and only allow content they like. That is how capitalism and the free market works. Twitter is under no obligation to provide a platform for any and all content.

Old 02-21-2018, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
While the Left persecuted bakers and photographers for simple refusal to use their creative talents in a way that they found offensive? This is flat out communism! This is NOT the America I want to live in where liberals are first class citizens and the rest of us are treated like crap!
You clearly don't understand what communism is.

A private business exercising control over their private property is pure free market capitalism.

Expecting government to force a private business to provide a platform for all content would be a form of communism. You and others are actually arguing for the government to control the means of production and falsely labeling it freedom. It seems like you support giving government the power to dictate operating policies to private business which is about as far away from American principles as you can get.

Old 02-21-2018, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Twitter is a private business and can do what they want. Conservative snowflakes can always create their own social media platform and only allow content they like. That is how capitalism and the free market works. Twitter is under no obligation to provide a platform for any and all content.
It is a private business and private businesses can't defraud. Which is exactly what Twitter has done.

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
Quote:
I'm seeing from the trending #TwitterLockout tag that tons of people, who all seem to be conservative, are having issues being locked out tonight. (I wasn't one of them, but,on the other hand, like many of them have also complained, I'm bleeding followers despite having more and more people following me.)

With the Veritas video, Senator Cruz needs to bring down the hammer on Twitler for their thought police actions. If they can be political, that makes them responsible for all the stuff ISIS and others do on their network according to the law.

If I were you I would stop paying twitter to post on their site.

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Yes -- a whole bunch of followers were purged from my account. All bots. I use to try and keep up but they would keep adding on. I was in the thousands and I am thrilled Twitter is cleaning house for me.

Problem is most that use Twitter don't believe that those bots exist, don't know how to spot them and were flattered they were so popular -- lol.

Last edited by moneill; 02-21-2018 at 11:05 AM..

Old 02-21-2018, 10:47 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
It is a private business and private businesses can't defraud. Which is exactly what Twitter has done.
What have they defrauded?

Old 02-21-2018, 10:47 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
While the Left persecuted bakers and photographers for simple refusal to use their creative talents in a way that they found offensive? This is flat out communism! This is NOT the America I want to live in where liberals are first class citizens and the rest of us are treated like crap!
How is it communism?

Twitter is completely voluntary. They allow people to join at their discretion. They allow them to utilize the platform at their discretion.

Twitter users are not a protected class.

It's their game and if you want to play, you play by their rules.

The end.

Old 02-21-2018, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Please explain in more detail this alleged fraud. How can you defraud someone that is a voluntary participant utilizing a free service? What elements of fraud are present here?

Old 02-21-2018, 10:50 AM

What Twitter did this last election cylce dwarfed any type of Russia scandal. They literally manipulated internally while misleading the public.

But hey, Jack Dorsey needs 24/7 security. If its worth it to him...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies