Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 02:30 PM

272 posts, read 218,045 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6nF...tu.be&t=47m27s

It's the undeniable truth that transgenders cannot deny. If gender is a social construct then how does one know what they are before being told what a girl or boy is? This make believe crap has gone on for too long and young children are now pressured into becoming a freakshow because it's the new fad among liberal communities. His guest stumbles through a response then says, "Why are we talking about this again?" Triggered.

I haven't seen someone make that point before. Feminism and SJW identity politics are so flawed and inconsistent. Feelings over facts.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-01-2018 at 03:54 PM..

Old 03-01-2018, 02:34 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,649,334 times
I honestly don't care what people call themselves. I don't know why it bothers anyone else if people wanna be what they wanna be as long as it's not forced on others.

Old 03-01-2018, 02:41 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
the sjw's opened up a big ol' can of worms with their insistence on giving credibility to the 'but i identify as...!' nonsense.

Old 03-08-2018, 09:22 AM

2,662 posts, read 1,378,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
the sjw's opened up a big ol' can of worms with their insistence on giving credibility to the 'but i identify as...!' nonsense.
not really. it is generally conservatives who insist on an immutable black and white gender identity based entirely on one's plumbing at birth. There is a great deal of scientific evidence that suggests gender actually exists along a continuum based largely on such factors as body chemistry and fetal brain development which isn't always in alignment with an individual's genitalia at birth.

"I identify as" is just another way if saying "I choose to be".

If people can change aspects of their body isn't that something to be celebrated? Thought of as amazing advances in technology allowing people to be who they want to be and to make their own choices in life? I don't understand why people get so angry about this and look down on those who choose to take advantage of this.

Old 03-08-2018, 09:27 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Goodness - ya'll spend a whole lotta time worrying about the transgenders. Work on your own self.

Old 03-08-2018, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
not really. it is generally conservatives who insist on an immutable black and white gender identity based entirely on one's plumbing at birth. There is a great deal of scientific evidence that suggests gender actually exists along a continuum based largely on such factors as body chemistry and fetal brain development which isn't always in alignment with an individual's genitalia at birth.

If people can change aspects of their body isn't that something to be celebrated? Thought of as amazing advances in technology allowing people to be who they want to be and to make their own choices in life? I don't understand why people get so angry about this and look down on those who choose to take advantage of this.
so all those people who claim they were born gay are what... lying? or just wrong?

it's a choice after all?

Old 03-08-2018, 12:43 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6nF...tu.be&t=47m27s

It's the undeniable truth that transgenders cannot deny. If gender is a social construct then how does one know what they are before being told what a girl or boy is? This make believe crap has gone on for too long and young children are now pressured into becoming a freakshow because it's the new fad among liberal communities. His guest stumbles through a response then says, "Why are we talking about this again?" Triggered.

I haven't seen someone make that point before. Feminism and SJW identity politics are so flawed and inconsistent. Feelings over facts.
Um, no. I had a now deceased family member who was a transsexual, got the surgery and all, and was not pressured into anything, furthermore had to stay in the closet until almost age 40, and it was after a suicide attempt that a psychiatrist recommended hormone therapy and sex reassignment surgery. And that was back in the 80s when almost no one even knew what a Transsexual or transgender was. So no one is pressuring anyone and it isn't a fad!

Old 03-08-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
so all those people who claim they were born gay are what... lying? or just wrong?

it's a choice after all?
You're twisting his words, not cool

Old 03-08-2018, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
You're twisting his words, not cool
nope. i twisted nothing.

did the poster say this, or not?

Old 03-08-2018, 12:52 PM

Quote:
i twisted nothing.

did the poster say this, or not?

He didn't mention anything about gay people; you did, trying to put him in a logical trap
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies