Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 08:10 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I was born in Atlanta, have family all over Decatur, Lawrenceville, Little Five Points, Marietta, Alpharetta and Duluth (Dacula/Hog Mountain), as well as escapees who are up in Juno and Big Canoe and over in Sandy Cross about halfway between Toccoa and Athens. I don't know all 5.8 million (official in greater metropolitan), but I have certainly met enough of them to have a pretty good idea what they are like. I have also seen the people they elect, which is a dead giveaway to the character of the denizens.

However, in all fairness, I'll be down again the first week of May, and I'll ask around and report back to you. Put it on your calendar.
You absolutely did not help yourself with that argument.

Old 03-02-2018, 08:12 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
We are talking about the GA Constitution not the US Constitution, and apparently the GA Constitution doesn't allow the sort of tax break that Delta was granted. Looks as if they interpret it to enforce it now.
So basically the Georgia legislature is as corrupt as any in the country, and now that they are mad at one of the state's largest employers for another questionable reason they are pulling the chain on their sweetheart illegal deal.

Old 03-02-2018, 08:54 AM

37,203 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
You absolutely did not help yourself with that argument.
And you don't know my family, what a prolific bunch of rednecks they really are, and who they vote for.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:02 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,377,042 times
Quote:
No they aren't.

You must not be familiar with ATL.

With the exception of the Democrat Plantation inside the perimeter, the vast vast majority of the ATL Metro votes for the GOP.

As for that Democrat Plantation, it's growth has been very very small compared to anything outside the Peremeter.
You're wrong. What do you mean by VAST majority?

Gwinnett, Cobb, Clayton, Douglas, Henry, Newton, Rockdale.. all metro Atlanta counties and all went for Clinton in 2016. Not by overwhelming numbers like Fulton and DeKalb, but the fact of the matter is, Atlanta outside of 285 is increasingly becoming democratic. It's scaring the hell out of the 'Make Georgia like Mississippi Again' conservatives representing the sea of red outside of Atlanta and they're doing what they can to thwart additional growth. They will fail miserably though.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:05 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
So you LIKE the idea of using tax policy to punish and/or reward a specific company?

This has to be the most thoughtless post of the day.

What do you think taxes do? Reward the person being taxed?
Taxes are oppressive punishment.

I am surprised daily, at the intellectual dishonesty displayed by the tax and spend left. Not everyone is ignorant.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
No tax breaks, no HQ. The Amazon HQ2 was probably really only between Boston, Northern Virginia, Atlanta, Dallas and Austin. Atlanta is probably out now.
That is how it works... They were going to get a big tax break, too.
You know, that fascist corporate welfare.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
I don't think Delta will move their headquarters. But they can certainly move their more important international flights into another city. That would really on impact business at the higher end- but that is the space where most cities want a toe hold.
Ya, they can add more flights to another booked runway, in another major city....
Who is delta going to squeeze out of that hub to accomplish this?
The problem with Dumocrats is, they cannot think past the tip of their noses.
They never see the long term effects and most certainly pass right over the unintended consequences.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:14 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
Delta should redirect their flight patterns over the Lt. Gov's house.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:17 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We've discussed the general idea behind this already and while it's an abuse of power, eliminating special tax breaks for what is most likely a pay back for campaign donations isn't a bad thing.

I can't really get on either side here.

Why do you approve of elected officials selling their power?

Old 03-02-2018, 09:22 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
No tax breaks, no HQ. The Amazon HQ2 was probably really only between Boston, Northern Virginia, Atlanta, Dallas and Austin. Atlanta is probably out now.
Not just Amazon. This fascist move will give pause to any company thinking of relocating to GA.

What company wants to be in a state that doesn't appreciate the business and that tells them how to operate or what policies they may or may not have? Might as well be state run a/k/a Russia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies