Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 02:23 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,428,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Despite what you believe, government is necessary for a stable society. Anarcho-capitalism can't work in the real world, precisely because of wealth and income disparity. Equal protection would disappear
Anarcho-capitalism "working" or not isn't my concern. It just is. That's the part you guys don't get. A person is born free from any obligations, legal or social. If not, you are a slave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2018, 02:27 PM
miu

17,772 posts, read 40,244,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Food Stall Serves Up A Social Experiment: White Customers Asked To Pay More.
Their policy is very racist and their thinking is extremely flawed. And very insulting to minorities for the Food Stall stereotyping all minorities as being impoverished.

What would be a much better method would be to institute menu prices based on purely income on a sliding scale system. And if they want to, keep a log of their customers' by race and income.

After all, there are middle and upper income level minorities, and also impoverished white people. It seems to me that middle and upper income level minorities shouldn't be eligible for price discounts. After all, what if Oprah Winfrey were to be in line... should she get a discount just for being black?

Old 03-04-2018, 02:45 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,534,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Their policy is very racist and their thinking is extremely flawed. And very insulting to minorities for the Food Stall stereotyping all minorities as being impoverished.

What would be a much better method would be to institute menu prices based on purely income on a sliding scale system. And if they want to, keep a log of their customers' by race and income.

After all, there are middle and upper income level minorities, and also impoverished white people. It seems to me that middle and upper income level minorities shouldn't be eligible for price discounts. After all, what if Oprah Winfrey were to be in line... should she get a discount just for being black?
You have to show your bank statements , assets , credit reports etc

Then they will run the numbers .

Only then can you get your plate of Nigerian food .

Old 03-04-2018, 02:53 PM

8,401 posts, read 4,399,872 times
What a great way to promote interracial marriage. "Ummm, I'll let my African American spouse pick that up, thanks."

Old 03-04-2018, 02:54 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,534,231 times
“The Times-Picayune has uncovered a racist restaurant in New Orleans that is charging different amounts for meals based on race. Even more startling, this restaurant is working with Tulane University and Loyola University on this scheme.

Except the Times-Picayune is praising the racism in question. That is because the racism is targeted towards white customers.”

Read more: http://thehayride.com/2018/03/racist...#ixzz58osmxWU4

Racist Restaurant Charges Whites More For The Same Meal Than Non-Whites

Old 03-04-2018, 02:57 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,680,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Another science-denier who doesn't believe in the evolutionary process, and believes artificial stopgaps have to intervene. /SMH
What are you talking about? I don't believe in Social darwinism like you and just watching capitalism's losers starving to death in the streets and saying it's their own fault

Old 03-04-2018, 03:01 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,936,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It doesn't. At all. That's why Blacks' unwed birth rate was significantly lower decades ago, closer to the time of slavery.
It started skyrocketing when we started subsidizing the births.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-05-2018 at 04:38 AM..

Old 03-04-2018, 03:53 PM

24,620 posts, read 19,227,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
People born into generational poverty usually have needs. If earlier generations had not experienced discrimination and were allowed to peacefully assimilate into white American society, then perhaps the need would not exist to the extent that it does today.

However, racism persists even until this very day. Shall we have yet another generation born into poverty and perhaps even another after that.
Racism is not the cause of poverty. The cause of poverty is strictly attitude.

Quote:
So you think African-Americans are predisposed to crime and promiscuity due to some kinda genetic contribution that impedes familial stability and gravates them towards crime?
He, like I, was referring to culture, not genetics.

Quote:
Do also think that blacks walked off slave plantations with stable family structures and culture intact?
Yes, and the Decennial Census from 1870 through 1940 and other data provided by the Census Bureau bears that out. Johnson's "Great Society" actually created more poverty, instead of ending it.

Old 03-04-2018, 04:07 PM
miu

17,772 posts, read 40,244,820 times
Quote:
So you think African-Americans are predisposed to crime and promiscuity due to some kinda genetic contribution that impedes familial stability and gravates them towards crime?

Do also think that blacks walked off slave plantations with stable family structures and culture intact?

How long do you think it takes for any group of people to develop a stable, sustainable, viable, and thriving culture?

How much longer do you think it would take for a group of people who experience relentless discrimination in practically every aspect of their lives to develop both a viable and sustainable culture in which a stable family can thrive?

Sometimes we just have to take a moment and think....
The failures of the black community is NOT due to their race or skin colour, it's because of how dysfunctional their ghetto machismo culture that admires men with a player lifestyle.

I encounter and know many successful black people, and what they all have in common is that they speak proper business English, they dress like civilized adults (no black hoodies or baggy jeans), they don't waste their money on stupid expensive sneakers or elaborate heavy hair weaves... and they value a good academic education or having a good skill in the trades. AND they stop dwelling on black slave history and expecting continuous apologies and reparations from whitey.

I do think that there needs to be more black male teachers in the public school systems, but being a teacher is not an appealing profession for black men. I guess that it isn't glamourous enough and doesn't pay enough either.

And there needs to be more black police officers in the black majority communities. Again, all those BLM and taking a knee people need to step up and join the police force and show the white police officers how to do the job better. Stop complaining and really do something about the situation!!!

Old 03-04-2018, 05:24 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,542,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm more black than white. I actually look Afro-Puerto Rican if I had to put a label on it. Not sure about my heritage and don't really care either but it's interesting because Puerto Rican is one thing I actually know I'm not. Mother Nature is a mad scientist to say the least.

Anyway, I've never really faced/seen discrimination from white people. Maybe they just talk about it behind closed doors. I think about it sometimes because of stories like this. The mentality it takes to do something like this and then the mentality of the white customers who go along with it really puzzles me. It's so unnatural and condescending IMO. It's so...I don't know...disconnected.

I've always been very individualistic though. I hate collectivism with a deep passion. All people are just weird to me. I believe the feeling is mutual.

I always treat everybody the same. A fancy old white lady or a thug from the hood or a neo-nazi from West Virginia. My first encounter ( if I have to, like at my job ) with somebody is always going to be polite and friendly. It's amazing what people assume of others just because how they look, their appearance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies