Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2018, 10:26 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times

Advertisements

Don't watch.

Until the Hollywood elites start pushing for legislation I don't care what they say/do.

It's mostly all garbage anyway.

Old 03-04-2018, 10:26 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
I don't identify as a liberal. I find some of them as annoying as conservatives...but I have to say I think I get more joy from watching these awards shows to see what will trigger the beast in the conservatives.

Seriously -- I watch these shows religiously - and I like them -- but I don't see them for anything more than what they are -- light hearted entertainment. Sure they mirror our pop culture and will spout political mumbo jumbo -- it's all part of the show.

It's conservatives who think that people take everything that happens on these long, tedious shows to heart.

No no no.

You conservatives may fall victim to dramatic radio talk show hosts (Limbaugh) and Fox News....and such but us moderates -- or folks who aren't entrenched in dogma -- we just watch to see who won....see who says something silly, wear something silly.

Relax -- an awards show is not where some underlying indoctrination is happening.......get the tin foil hats....

Old 03-04-2018, 10:29 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I don't identify as a liberal. I find some of them as annoying as conservatives...but I have to say I think I get more joy from watching these awards shows to see what will trigger the beast in the conservatives.

Seriously -- I watch these shows religiously - and I like them -- but I don't see them for anything more than what they are -- light hearted entertainment. Sure they mirror our pop culture and will spout political mumbo jumbo -- it's all part of the show.

It's conservatives who think that people take everything that happens on these long, tedious shows too heart.

No no no.

You conservatives may fall victim to dramatic radio talk show hosts (Limbaugh) and Fox News....and such but us moderates -- or folks who aren't entrenched in dogma -- we just watch to see who won....see who says something silly, wear something silly.

Relax -- an awards show is not where some underlying indoctrination is happening.......get the tin foil hats....
Your self-identifying meter needs recalibrated. Your picture is under "liberal" in the dictionary...IMO.

Old 03-04-2018, 10:35 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Your self-identifying meter needs recalibrated. Your picture is under "liberal" in the dictionary...IMO.

Because I watch awards shows...pfft.

If that's how you identify your political ideology -- I can't argue with you.

I have nothing to bring.

I don't boycott Charleston Heston or Clint Eastwood because they are conservatives -- They have entertained and I appreciate and listen to their message as much as the next.

But because I don't tow your conservative line...I must be liberal.....

That's on you....

Old 03-04-2018, 10:37 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,023,028 times
Lmao how you don't watch but you research sales figures and claim that the film has no audience but fail to acknowledge that it was made for 3.5m has earned 32m. Therefore, your hypothesis is wrong, it's a successful film.

Hopefully, the studio takes the money and makes 10 films that **** off Pence.

Old 03-04-2018, 10:41 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Default Rapist Kobe Bryant wins Oscar

Interesting that Kobe Bryant won an Oscar considering he raped a young woman years back .

I guess #metoo took a break during that one ?

Old 03-04-2018, 10:48 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Interesting that Kobe Bryant won an Oscar considering he raped a young woman years back .

I guess #metoo took a break during that one ?
Interesting that you comment on something you claim to not watch.

Old 03-04-2018, 10:50 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Interesting that you comment on something you claim to not watch.
Didn’t see him win the award saw an article about it.

Interesting they’d give an award to a rapist . Any awards for Harvey Weinstein this year ?

Old 03-04-2018, 11:00 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,226,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Don't watch.

Until the Hollywood elites start pushing for legislation I don't care what they say/do.

It's mostly all garbage anyway.
They already push for legislation. They are the most visible part of "The Resistance" and all the lefty garbage that winds up as proposed legislation doesn't get to the committee before all the DNC darlings and their show ponies like Obama and Clinton and Pelosi and the Mexican Mafia have held a bunch of glitzy $5000/plate dinners so they can rub shoulders with the talent and the moneybags like the Weinsteins and Diller and Bruckenheimer and Peter Guber and SKG. At some point Rob Reiner has to get on board to rally the troops.

You think they aren't completely political?

Look at those political donation watchdog sites. They give BIG, and its ALL to the DNC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
Lmao how you don't watch but you research sales figures and claim that the film has no audience but fail to acknowledge that it was made for 3.5m has earned 32m. Therefore, your hypothesis is wrong, it's a successful film.

Hopefully, the studio takes the money and makes 10 films that **** off Pence.
What a joke. You have GOT to be kidding me. This film is a total turd. The actual expense budget is probably closer to 15-20M ...you're referring to the quoted production budget, which they couldn't find conventional financing for (which makes perfect sense because there really is not much market for a gay indie film), so they deferred most of the big ticket elements to be paid on the back end.

Even an indie film will burn up a few million dollars just for the crew and the sets and doing the principal photography. That's just to get the thing in the can. Then you have to pay for editing and post processing and packaging. Then you have to pay the producers, the talent, cover the story rights, and pay your distributors.

It might SEEM like its a profit home-run, but its totally NOT a money maker. That's why Kimmel said "We don't make films like this for the money." That's because there is no money in it!

Old 03-04-2018, 11:02 PM

1,455 posts, read 2,498,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
I don't watch the Oscars anymore, but was just reading some of the coverage, and being amazed how their agenda is so overt these days. These Chaos Masters are not even really trying to conceal their subversive nature anymore.

The "this is a joke, but its not really a joke" moment came during Kimmel's monologue when he said, "We don’t make films like Call Me by Your Name for the money. We make them to upset Mike Pence.”

What this "kidding not kidding" quip reveals is the Homosexual Lobby's agenda to promote their alternative lifestyles as being equal to normal ones. A desire that comes not from a quest for personal freedom, but for an irrational and aggressive desire for control over the thoughts and opinions of other people.

The "Love that dare not speak its name" has become the "love that won't shut up".

And Kimmel wants to make it clear that this is the only reason these films really exist. It isn't because the public has an appetite for them. There was really no untapped market for The Crying Game, Philadelphia, Brokeback Mountain, nor Call Me By Your Name, which from reading a few book reviews, is far more sick and twisted in its degree of perversion and fetishes than the mainstream erotic films that the movie-watching public, which is 90% heterosexual, actually did crave, such as Last Tango in Paris, 9 1/2 weeks, Eyes Wide Shut, or Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades sold more than 140 million copies worldwide).

By comparison, the book on which Call Me By Your Name is based, of the same title, has sold less than 35,000 copies.

The sales data alone demonstrates that there is literally no market for the movie. Most books that only sell in the five figures will never get a second publication, let alone turned into a movie. Its something the publisher will lose money on. The truth is because there are so few LGBTQ people, as a percentage of the population, there really is no viable market for "Gay Literature". Its a niche, and it will always be a niche, because 90%+ of the reading population is straight.

Anyway, I just thought how bizarre it is to see Skinny Kimmel actually tell the truth about something. I gotta say I liked him better fat. When he had the Juggies and seemed like a cool dude. Guess THAT was the act, and this taunting ghoul is the REAL one.
Sounds like you need to stop watching the Oscars and mind your own business....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies