Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 06:35 AM

46,322 posts, read 27,145,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Because many of those who feel the need to purchase an AR-15 feel powerless, and owning one of these gives them an imaginary sense of power. That's really what its all about, the feeling of power they get from lovingly caressing their AR-15.

Haha, good one....you really believe that, don't you...well, just shows the ignorance of the left...congrats, you must be proud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2018, 06:52 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,872,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
But have you noticed that these people, the most vehemently opposed to guns tend to sexualize them? Have you noticed the fetishization that infects their rhetoric?

-anthropomorphisms such as "lovingly caress"
-sexualizing gun owners - saying they are "ammosexuals" or are "compensating"
-phallic imagery or comparisons

Its a fascinating pathology.

It makes me wonder if it is actually about guns at all.
in fact it isnt about the gun, but rather control. the libs want to control the thoughts of everyone. they want everyone to think and act the same way.

Old 03-05-2018, 06:53 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,682,616 times
Quote:
Why do people have/need/want AR15? Logic
Why do people have/need/want a set of golf clubs?

Old 03-05-2018, 07:03 AM

10,355 posts, read 8,583,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Because many of those who feel the need to purchase an AR-15 feel powerless, and owning one of these gives them an imaginary sense of power. That's really what its all about, the feeling of power they get from lovingly caressing their AR-15.
This why the anti gunners have such a hard time. People like you are on their side who don't discuss facts and simply alienate gun owners.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:09 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,604,576 times
It doesn’t matter. People have a right to have them even if liberals think that the person doesn’t “need†them.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:10 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,644,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
But have you noticed that these people, the most vehemently opposed to guns tend to sexualize them? Have you noticed the fetishization that infects their rhetoric?

-anthropomorphisms such as "lovingly caress"
-sexualizing gun owners - saying they are "ammosexuals" or are "compensating"
-phallic imagery or comparisons

Its a fascinating pathology.

It makes me wonder if it is actually about guns at all.

Truly. I hadn't really given this a lot of thought up to this point but now that you bring it up thus it is rather interesting. I can't recall having "lovingly caressed" an inanimate object (let alone any of my firearms) in my life. IDK, is this sorta like that scene in Full Metal Jacket.."Leanord talks to his rifle!"

My firearms are precision tools, and I treat them as such preferring not to drag them through a pile of alkali poof dust (especially if it's wet...turns to the stickiest goo you've ever seen) but I will needs be. And I've never apologized to any of my firearms for having done so.

But you are correct. The phobics do just fall over themselves getting to the sexual allusions when talking about firearms owners. And with special attention to rifles like the AR. Funny, my ARs are rifles that I take along on outings when I expect things to get rough and dirty. Because I don't particularly care if it gets scuffed up a bit. I cringe more when my Pennsylvania long rifle has to hit the ground.

This sexualization that the phobics use is pretty much just to paint everyone who owns a firearm as some sort of nut case. And they just automatically gravitate to sexual nut case for the shock factor value. Too many re runs of Law and Order SVU maybe? They label we firearms owners as "fetishists" yet it's THEM that make the allusions and draw the mental picture. While we sit back and !! Seriously!!??

Just like when they try to talk all tech savvy as if they are armorer qualified on every firearm ever made they sound as much (far more actually) daffy as outhouse rats when they do this.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:19 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,470,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Where are these "militias"? Are they already in existence or will they just form when needed ? Do they have regular meetings and how are their leaders elected ?
The 'well regulated militia' is defined by the ordinance of 1792, which has since been revised.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
The point is not militias. The point the speaker was making is that asking why people need an AR-15 is the wrong question, as "need" doesn't have to be demonstrated. Why people want an AR-15 is what should be asked.

And as he said, they want it because it's a great gun.
It is still used as a toy.

People play with it.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Or.....they just like fast cars? I'll tell you what. Let's do an inventory of your possessions, as well as a thorough analysis of your spending, and we'll see what sort of frivolous crap we uncover.

I assume you've never gone on vacation, ate a restaurant, don't own more the one pair of shoes, don't own a car (since anything other than walking is wasteful), etc., etc. Get it yet? How dare you project your priorities on other people. Mind your own business.
How dare you project your priorities on other people? Mind your own business.

The question was "Why do people want Ferraris, Lotuses, Porsches, etc., " and I offered some suggestions. Adults buy toys for any number of reasons.

You don't like it, offer up your own suggestions and leave it at that.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:29 AM

46,322 posts, read 27,145,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
How dare you project your priorities on other people? Mind your own business.

The question was "Why do people want Ferraris, Lotuses, Porsches, etc., " and I offered some suggestions. You don't like it, offer up your own suggestions and leave it at that.

Then what are you doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
It is still used as a toy.

People play with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies