Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2018, 08:20 AM

27,556 posts, read 28,647,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Other people have calculated this number over and over again their is never been a time period when the white murder rate in U.S has been as low as European murder rate, ever.
It depends on which European countries and which U.S. states. Romania, France, Finland and Belgium have murder rates between 1.5-1.95 per 100,000.

Several U.S. states fall in that range - including New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Utah, Idaho and Massachusetts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2018, 08:32 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,594,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Canada, and Australia have very small populations compared to the U.S., and they don't have a lot of large cities with dense population like we do.
Are you kidding? Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth are bigger than most cities in the US. Same with Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver in Canada

Old 03-07-2018, 08:36 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,939,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Are you kidding? Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth are bigger than most cities in the US. Same with Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver in Canada
The small population argument is garbage on a per capita basis those countries are safer as well. Fundamentally the US has a violent culture and a weak safety net a perfect storm for violent crime.

Old 03-07-2018, 08:39 AM

1,065 posts, read 597,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You can't have a decent discussion in here without someone resorting to the race card.
Agree, please keep yourself in check.

Old 03-07-2018, 08:43 AM

1,978 posts, read 1,552,426 times
This is the best explanation and a great man.
https://townhall.com/columnists/walt...rance-n2457720

Old 03-07-2018, 08:48 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,187,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Pretty much all of the world. There was classism but an average Englishman had more rights and freedoms and orderly society than most other people. Ever heard of the Magna Carter from 1215 for instances?
LOL...when Thomas Paine wrote Rights of Man in 1791, a starving Englishman wasn’t even allowed to shoot a wild animal to feed his family...lest he be jailed for years for “poaching.” The average Englishman lived worse than a dog with little to NO rights. That’s why the British authorities, the crown and it’s courtiers were so terrified of the French Revolution and did everything they could to be oppressive enough to keep its exportation from crossing the English Channel.

The Magna Carta? Who are you kidding? Did the British extend those rights to the Irish people they were BRUTALLY oppressing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
People that hate Western Civilization tend to point out to the past. Some go as far back as the Crusades. I will be happy to go even farther, I suspect the Cromagnon man eliminated the Neanderthal man.

But, let's talk about today in 2018. The West is the best. Other nations don't come close!

Lastly I mentioned the term bigotry because at the individual level it is wrong to assume that the color of the skin or ethnicity predisposes people for violence. It would be racist to assume all black people in America are as violent as criminals in Chicago or Baltimore.

Throughout history genocide has been equally distributed among all parts of the world. Perhaps mankind is violent and this has nothing to do with skin color.
The problem is that I didn’t go back to the Crusades, the Middle Ages or Cro-Magnon man..... i didn’t have to. Nor did I make skin color predominant in my most although skin color is implicit in the title of this thread. “Multiculturalism” is a dog whistle to supplant black or Hispanic in this case. I’m not the fool you take me for. I know what’s going on here.

Simply put, I explained how without multiculturalism, Europe was so violent that it exported horrible violence everywhere Europeans went, including the Americas. Of course you want to ONLY talk about today, because it helps your argument. Well, you’re free to limit your argument, but I’m not letting you place limitations upon mine.

That “the West is the best” is a matter of your opinion. It’s all you and I know. I like it here, but there are lots of people that don’t live in the West that happen to love where they’re from.

Old 03-07-2018, 09:03 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,468,595 times
Seems like the global trend is less about diversity and more about places with higher inequality having more homicides. I see quite a few diverse nations on this map with low rates, Peru, Cuba, India, etc. The most dangerous nations are a mix of diverse (Central Latin America) and monolithic (Eastern Europe, parts of Africa). What they all have in common is having a mix of extreme poor and very rich.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._homicide_rate

Old 03-07-2018, 09:05 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,468,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Simply put, I explained how without multiculturalism, Europe was so violent that it exported horrible violence everywhere Europeans went, including the Americas. Of course you want to ONLY talk about today, because it helps your argument. Well, you’re free to limit your argument, but I’m not letting you place limitations upon mine.
That's historically correct. It's likely the main reason Europeans had such superior weapons compared to anywhere else, it was in a state of constant war for century after century. If you don't stay ahead of the game in weapons you die. Today it is (along with E Asia) the most prosperous and peaceful place in the world but that doesn't mean those violent centuries didn't happen.

Old 03-07-2018, 09:30 AM

26,484 posts, read 15,063,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LOL...when Thomas Paine wrote Rights of Man in 1791, a starving Englishman wasn’t even allowed to shoot a wild animal to feed his family...lest he be jailed for years for “poaching.” The average Englishman lived worse than a dog with little to NO rights. That’s why the British authorities, the crown and it’s courtiers were so terrified of the French Revolution and did everything they could to be oppressive enough to keep its exportation from crossing the English Channel.

The Magna Carta? Who are you kidding? Did the British extend those rights to the Irish people they were BRUTALLY oppressing?

The problem is that I didn’t go back to the Crusades, the Middle Ages or Cro-Magnon man..... i didn’t have to. Nor did I make skin color predominant in my most although skin color is implicit in the title of this thread. “Multiculturalism” is a dog whistle to supplant black or Hispanic in this case. I’m not the fool you take me for. I know what’s going on here.

That “the West is the best” is a matter of your opinion. It’s all you and I know. I like it here, but there are lots of people that don’t live in the West that happen to love where they’re from.
Isn't it a bit ridiculous to assert that there wasn't cultural differences across Europe that led to wars and conflict over the centuries?

Also, Europe could colonize because they had more technology. Europe wasn't necessarily at war anymore than other area in those centuries even with a higher population density than many other areas.

Were the Aztecs pacifists? So laughable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
People that hate Western Civilization tend to point out to the past. Some go as far back as the Crusades. I will be happy to go even farther, I suspect the Cromagnon man eliminated the Neanderthal man.

But, let's talk about today in 2018. The West is the best. Other nations don't come close!

Lastly I mentioned the term bigotry because at the individual level it is wrong to assume that the color of the skin or ethnicity predisposes people for violence. It would be racist to assume all black people in America are as violent as criminals in Chicago or Baltimore.

Throughout history genocide has been equally distributed among all parts of the world. Perhaps mankind is violent and this has nothing to do with skin color.
Neanderthal DNA lives on in Europeans, Asians, Native Americans, etc...from people who left Africa.

Some non-African people average as high as 7 % Neanderthal + Denovisan DNA like people from Oceania.

Old 03-07-2018, 09:36 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,897,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Sure and it was great if you don't overlook that the Mongol Empire's conquests killed 5% of the global population and enabled the spread of plague that killed another 10% in Eurasia, including most of their famed "Mongol Horde". Roughly 300 million people died as a direct result of their bloody violent conquests to establish their 100 years of peace. Probably the peace only existed because all capable of resisting had already been wiped out and the survivors demoralized and broken.

Some peace!
That goes right over your head huh, what do you think the Romans did to achieve Pax Romana, give everyone high fives as they entered into their lands? Peace today and peace 700 years ago was a different concept, empires weren’t peaceful by nature at that time, but those under their rule could live in stability and peace, hence phrases like Pax Romana and Pax Mongolica. Blaming the plague on the Mongols is incredibly naive and intellectually dishonest, it likely would have happened regardless. It is ironic you mention the plague since Europeans were slaughtering Jews because they got blamed as the instigators of the plague.

Reality was, almost no where in the 14th century was peaceful like most of the world is today, but the most peaceful places were not just in Europe, and Europe was often just as barbaric as the worst of places. People who try to make these claims are ignorant of history or try to refashion history to their beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies