Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 08:06 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
America was founded on violence with white people (colonists) having a War with other white people (the British) and establishing the 2nd. Amendment.

America enslaved blacks for hundreds of years and ran off the Mexicans & Indians off their land in the West.

Which culture is the violent one again?

"Ran the Mexicans off their land?"

You mean the "Mexicans" that were actually (Spanish) settlers who colonized and raped their way north of the Rio Grande and made greater land claims than they could actually control or even settle?

["I declare all of the western US to be for the King and Queen of Spain! It's ours, I tell ya, OURS! Stay away Anglo!"]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2018, 08:09 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
United States has been one of Earth’s most violent nations for centuries. Please. It has nothing to do with multiculturalism.

Look at all the sadism practiced during slavery, the Indian massacres, the Civil War, the history of riots (the Draft Riots in particular), the Old West gun fights and what was referred to as frontier justice. This nation is SOAKED in blood.

Old 03-06-2018, 08:16 AM

27,567 posts, read 28,665,617 times
I'm still waiting for Trump to tackle inner-city violence like he said he would during the campaign.

I don't know how you bring down violence in a city like Baltimore. The poor in Baltimore need to get out of gangs and get employed in jobs they are qualified for. But that isn't so easy to do.

Old 03-06-2018, 08:22 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,233,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Did you want to say IQ here?
Nope. If low IQ causes black people to act violently, it can certainly be argued that low EQ causes whites to act violently and display complete lack of empathy towards those who are not like them or those who don't share the same ideology. Exhibit A: The white NRA chick who happily mocked the white Florida shooting victims and their white mothers. Then you have all those whites who applaud her for doing so.

Old 03-06-2018, 08:26 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
America was founded on violence with white people (colonists) having a War with other white people (the British) and establishing the 2nd. Amendment.

America enslaved blacks for hundreds of years and ran off the Mexicans & Indians off their land in the West.

Which culture is the violent one again?

Boy, talk about using selective history and spinning the truth!

Old 03-06-2018, 08:27 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
United States has been one of Earth’s most violent nations for centuries. Please. It has nothing to do with multiculturalism.

Look at all the sadism practiced during slavery, the Indian massacres, the Civil War, the history of riots (the Draft Riots in particular), the Old West gun fights and what was referred to as frontier justice. This nation is SOAKED in blood.

This.

I find it hilarious that "multiculturalism" is being brought up in relation to violence. American culture is violent period and it is based upon a Euro-centric culture brought by the first white inhabitants who built a country on genocide and enslavement of other people (and torture and rape and terrorism, etc.)

Old 03-06-2018, 08:31 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,988,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Boy, talk about using selective history and spinning the truth!
lol thats what I said.... a small 100 year old period of history is not causing all the violence in America today

Old 03-06-2018, 08:33 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times
No. It's a legacy of colonialism. There are monocultural places with lots of crime. Honduras, Venezuela, Russia.

Old 03-06-2018, 08:39 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Identity politics is behind much if not most of the increased demographic tension and hostility showing itself in our society today. The whole point of identity politics is to divide people and exploit their differences. It works, in a way, but at a very high cost.

Edit: I realize my answer doesn't really answer your question but it seemed your "question" was more bait to reel people in than a serious question, especially with the "now....go!" you put in at the end. So I answered the question I felt like answering, which I think is a more interesting question anyway.

Last edited by Fifty Seven; 03-06-2018 at 10:01 AM..

Old 03-06-2018, 10:10 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,509,747 times
Per Capita? What is your definition of violence, death, or fighting?
330 million people, how many people are shot each day, stabbed each day, etc etc. And if we took Detroit, Chicago out of the picture, how are we compared to rest of Nato Tier 1 countries..You know, First World definition because we support UN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies