Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2018, 03:49 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,238,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
But gay marriage was imposed on the State of KY and on Kim Davis who has 1st amendment and historical and cultural right to not accept it. That's the part you are ignoring. If the legislature had passed it, and made proper exceptions for objectors it would've been more acceptable. But the gay advocates didn't want any compromises.

I'm only nominally Christian and am imposing nothing, just trying to conserve American culture.
If Kim Davis could not accept it to the point she couldn't perform her duties, it was incumbent on her to resign rather than accepther paycheck for not doing her job. That is known as fraud and theft, which I'm pretty certain the Ten Commandments warns against.

The gay advocates simply wanted equality. That doesn't mean you are any less equal because they took yours to get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2018, 03:50 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,837,744 times
So did they ever actually say what the ominous thing was that was happening or did it remain doom and gloom vaugeries?

Old 03-08-2018, 03:51 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,238,037 times
Quote:
But gay marriage was imposed on the State of KY and on Kim Davis who has 1st amendment and historical and cultural right to not accept it. That's the part you are ignoring. If the legislature had passed it, and made proper exceptions for objectors it would've been more acceptable. But the gay advocates didn't want any compromises.

I'm only nominally Christian and am imposing nothing, just trying to conserve American culture.
If Kim Davis could not accept it to the point she couldn't perform her duties, it was incumbent on her to resign rather than accepther paycheck for not doing her job. That is known as fraud and theft, which I'm pretty certain the Ten Commandments warns against.

The gay advocates simply wanted equality. That doesn't mean you are any less equal because they took yours to get it.

If you are only nominally Christian, why are you fighting for their rights when they don't mean anything to you?

Old 03-08-2018, 03:51 PM

46,976 posts, read 26,026,789 times
Quote:
Don't get smart.
...nah, too easy.

Old 03-08-2018, 03:53 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,885,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post

She held her position before gay marriage was improperly decreed the same thing as marriage.
That's the problem everyone wants "equality" for their identity or cause even if they're not equal. Gays and straights and asexuals or whatever abnormals always had equality in that any of them could marry someone of the opposite sex.

Old 03-08-2018, 03:53 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,243,621 times
Quote:
No I'm saying I have my own interpretation and am not accepting yours.
Except you aren't suppose to interpret as you want, its suppose to be the literal word of God. Sounds like you are choosing to ignore the portions you don't like.

Old 03-08-2018, 03:54 PM

6,126 posts, read 4,614,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Because men don't take it seriously and are not campaigning. The very things that would reduce poorer health and quality of life and the very "ominous" things that are being complained about. Nutrition, "real men don't eat quiche". Manliness is often associated with meat and potato's. To "force boys to eat like women would be taking their manliness. Higher testosterone levels which leads to risk taking, more dangerous and higher stress jobs. Isn't that part of the complaint of how schools are not letting boys be boys. SAHD's, more flexible work schedules again frowned upon and resisted by most men. So why aren't men doing something about it, why are they instead complaining about emasculation and an attack on manliness?

They are still committing more crimes that are often more severe and heinous than those committed by women. Again, might be related to testosterone.
I understand what you're saying in characterizing men's culture, in very general terms, though every man and woman doesn't fit into their exact gender stereotype. I think what bothers me is that men will be in pink ribbons raising money and awareness for women's health issues, which is great, and I don't mean to take away from that. BUT if men aren't going to step up for their own health, why is that concern for men not reciprocated with various health campaigns, which are often lead by women?

Instead, the campaigns that are about women's health frame it in such a way that indicates women have more concerning health issues, both physical and mental, than men. Yet just about every single metric that's been discussed here shows the opposite, that men's health is the real crisis, with the first being that on average going to be five years of life that they will miss that women won't.

Health issues should be a humanitarian issue regardless of the gender, and promoting a long, healthy, happy life is important for any gender. People can be pro-women and pro-men- it's not an "either" "or" proposition. But pervasive media coverage and various campaigns aren't really communicating that message. That silence is very concerning, and quite frankly, deeply rooted in sexism, but in this case it's not towards women.

Last edited by Jowel; 03-08-2018 at 04:28 PM..

Old 03-08-2018, 03:57 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,885,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Except you aren't suppose to interpret as you want, its suppose to be the literal word of God. Sounds like you are choosing to ignore the portions you don't like.
Are you even a Christian? Why do you keep lecture me about Christianity? I don't agree with your interpretation. I already told you how I and many people interpret the portion you posted.

Old 03-08-2018, 04:00 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,751,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I demand that my religion get equal time!
Also i want my own face on a courthouse monument, because in my religion I am God. "In God We Trust" was an early American reference to me.

thanks in advance

Old 03-08-2018, 04:01 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,849,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
This is a real problem. Boys aren't allowed to behave like boys in school anymore. Schools have become almost exclusively run by females, and against "maleness". I have seen it personally devolve over my lifetime. Carlson is good to bring this to light because nobody else talks about that we've created a feminized society that is prejudiced against men.
Men hold all the REAL power, both inside and outside the US, as they always have and always will. But you've convinced yourself this is a "feminized society that is prejudiced against men"? Honestly, what planet do you guys live on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies