Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2018, 04:20 PM

89,083 posts, read 44,906,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
I don't like your source, it leans to the right.
I got a good chuckle out of that.
Quote:
Uhh... The fact remains, the content in that source is true.
We want common sense reform, and comprehensive background checks!
Uhh... Alot of good theyre going to do when CRIMINALS ARE PROTECTED AND NOT CHARGED FOR THEIR CRIMES TO BE REPORTED INTO NICS
Exactly so!

There are a couple of still hospitalized injured kids whose families are suing the school district and sheriff's office for exactly the same reason. THEY kept Cruz's criminal acts off his record, which made him qualify to buy a gun, exactly as the FBI agent stated in your source. THEY have blood on their hands for coddling criminals.

The background check system CAN'T work when we have lefty nut jobs keeping criminals' records clean, ON PURPOSE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2018, 04:21 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,039,272 times
Quote:
Raise age of enlistment to 21, raise age to enter a legal binding contract (no college loans until 21), raise age to vote to 21, raise the age to get an attorney to 21, raise the age to exercise every constitutional amendment to 21.
You don't need to be 18 to apply for a college loan, so why would that change because of new gun laws?

Why would anything change?

You continue to make these false equivalencies because you have no good argument. You can't just come out and say that you believe your guns are more important than the lives of children.

Old 03-11-2018, 04:39 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,931,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Ratifying a Constitutional Amendment requires both federal and state participation. If there's a will to put age restrictions on the 2nd Amendment, as is done with voting (another Constitutional Right), that's legally what has to be done.
And it won't happen due to the NRA both money wise and get out the vote wise. They are fighting this law, why wouldn't they fight to vote for an amendment?

Old 03-11-2018, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And it won't happen due to the NRA both money wise and get out the vote wise. They are fighting this law, why wouldn't they fight to vote for an amendment?
All 50 state legislatures get to vote on an Amendment, not just the NRA. If gun control nuts have enough support, they'll be able to pass an Amendment. Just like the 26th passed.

Old 03-11-2018, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Raise age of enlistment to 21, raise age to enter a legal binding contract (no college loans until 21), raise age to vote to 21, raise the age to get an attorney to 21, raise the age to exercise every constitutional amendment to 21.
You should know parents actually sign into the college student loans too due to a lack of financial history, the same as if someone buys a car with little credit, it is called a co-signer. But hey, let's not let facts get in the way of rejecting facts that we shouldn't be allowed to sell guns to people under the age of 21.

Old 03-11-2018, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
All 50 state legislatures get to vote on an Amendment, not just the NRA. If gun control nuts have enough support, they'll be able to pass an Amendment. Just like the 26th passed.
Ugh, you're being obtuse here. I'm talking the power of a lobby, not that they actually vote on it.

Old 03-11-2018, 04:50 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,504,673 times
Quote:
You should know parents actually sign into the college student loans too due to a lack of financial history, the same as if someone buys a car with little credit, it is called a co-signer. But hey, let's not let facts get in the way of rejecting facts that we shouldn't be allowed to sell guns to people under the age of 21.
Not my issue. I worked through out highschool and after highschool and saved up.
Paid for college with cash.
Put a down payment on a house with cash the week before classes started too.

Only loans I have ever taken were for trucks and a skid steer.

Old 03-11-2018, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Ugh, you're being obtuse here. I'm talking the power of a lobby, not that they actually vote on it.
If gun control nuts can't get support from the required minimum 38 states, they can't pass a Constitutional Amendment that puts age restrictions on a Constitutional Right. The legal precedent has been set with the 26th Amendment.

Old 03-11-2018, 05:01 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,557,585 times
Quote:
I've stated on multiple occasions in multiple threads here, I would stand armed to guard schools voluntarily at no cost to the tax payer.
I've even met with my sheriff and congressman and made proactive proposals to them addressing motive incentive and intent that would defend life, preserve liberty, and guarantee pursuits of happiness.
I would really love to see gun right activists patrolling the perimeter of our schools. Unfortunately for most people besides retired seniors, that would be difficult to pull off during school hours and keeping a full time job.

Old 03-11-2018, 05:04 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,504,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
I would really love to see gun right activists patrolling the perimeter of our schools. Unfortunately for most people besides retired seniors, that would be difficult to pull off during school hours and keeping a full time job.
Work 4 10 hour days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies