Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 06:41 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,350,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
The right is as guilty of identity politics as is the left, they just have different identities.

"Christians are oppressed!"

"Whites are oppressed!"

"Men are oppressed!"

And so on.
Not really, you can insult Christians all day long and no one will ever accuse you of Christianophobia! Say anything remotely negative about islam and you are labeled an Islamophobe.

It is not so much that white straight males are oppressed. I don't know of any white male that loses any sleep over the constant negative rhetoric used by the left to denigrate white men.

OTOH, the true victims are diluted due to intersectionality, but heading the list would be a trans/black/fat/disabled woman. Then you can add ALL the letters in the LGBTQIA, Muslim refugees, illegal aliens, upper class white feminists females, etc.

Note, how Jews and Asians are not included in the victimhood list.

Meanwhile, the people that were truly screwed by the system, the American blacks allow themselves to be grouped with all of the above in the victimhood scale. It turns out gay couples are more accomplished and earn more money than straight couples and yet they are as much as a victim as the black male with zero education who is a criminal.

And Muslim refugee and illegal aliens are as much as a victim as American Black males? Really???

Last edited by Julian658; 03-18-2018 at 06:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2018, 06:53 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,668,712 times
Quote:
The right is as guilty of identity politics as is the left, they just have different identities.

"Whites are oppressed!"

"Men are oppressed!"

And so on.
Those are all the same people. Its one group not divided by identity except by the left.

White Christian men. The people Hillary claimed in India that don't vote for her.

Old 03-18-2018, 06:55 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,554,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Not really, you can insult Christians all day long and no one will ever accuse you of Christianophobia!
Huh? I don't know what planet you live on but that is the standard modus operandi of Christian bashers and Christians.

Old 03-18-2018, 06:58 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,554,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Those are all the same people. Its one group not divided by identity except by the left.

White Christian men. The people Hillary claimed in India that don't vote for her.
Breaking news: Half of Christians aren't men. Also, not all men are Christians. And if that weren't enough, not all Christians are white.

Old 03-19-2018, 09:15 AM

62,997 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
The more we focus on our differences, the less we have in common to bind us. In my neighborhood, I have few of what I could consider neighbors by the old definition - friends, people I can depend on and to whom I would respond quickly to their needs, shared values, shared customs, a shared culture, etc. Hell, half of them I can't even understand. And nothing in society is encouraged to breach the boundaries. We're not Americans <period>. We're hyphenated-Americans, with the emphasis on what comes before the hyphen. As such, if there were a fire or other disaster, I would no more be out there with a blanket and offer of help than I believe they would be for me or my family. And this extends to society - less in common and culture as Americans and all about what makes each not American.
Agreed and that's why Theodore Roosevelt said this:

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/260...st-that-if-the

Old 03-19-2018, 09:57 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,804,194 times
I used to be a Republican, but I can't relate to either side with this extreme fanaticism. The right is hateful and the left is over accommodating. You can't make everyone happy, nor can you exclude people for being born different or ethnic. I'm tired of the tribal nonsense as well. I wish we could all just be American's first, political second.

Old 03-19-2018, 10:04 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:

"Whites are oppressed!"

"Men are oppressed!"

And so on.

This is exactly what Donald Trump ran on. EXACTLY. "When I'm president everyone will say Merry Christmas" (Christian oppression). "When I'm president - we will send all the illegal immigrants home" (it's THEIR fault you don't have a job"). "A Mexican judge shouldn't decide my case". (Mexicans can't be fair to the white guy) and so on and so forth.

They need to take the plank out of their own eye.

Quote:
The more we focus on our differences, the less we have in common to bind us. In my neighborhood, I have few of what I could consider neighbors by the old definition - friends, people I can depend on and to whom I would respond quickly to their needs, shared values, shared customs, a shared culture, etc. Hell, half of them I can't even understand. And nothing in society is encouraged to breach the boundaries. We're not Americans <period>. We're hyphenated-Americans, with the emphasis on what comes before the hyphen. As such, if there were a fire or other disaster, I would no more be out there with a blanket and offer of help than I believe they would be for me or my family. And this extends to society - less in common and culture as Americans and all about what makes each not American.
I mean, sounds like you are entirely focusing on the differences.

Old 03-19-2018, 10:13 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,141,478 times
Quote:
The left has used idiots (Occupy), minorities (BLM), gays (Orlando and bakeries nationwide), Muslims (everywhere), criminal illegals (DACA), women (p*ssy march) and now children as their representatives and meat puppets. Haven't they yet figured out that identity politics is a losing proposition, and thinking, hard-working people - who make this country run - largely aren't feeling the guilt and self-hatred they wish to impose upon us? Seeing the behavior of the above groups and listening to their proposed solutions which largely affect my kind and less so them, I'm caring less and less which gathering of such gets shot up next.
How is that identity politics when the sum total of all those groups is incredibly diverse? It's the other side that blatantly practices identity politics. Mostly backward suburban or rural white people.

Old 03-19-2018, 10:15 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Quote:
The left has used idiots (Occupy), minorities (BLM), gays (Orlando and bakeries nationwide), Muslims (everywhere), criminal illegals (DACA), women (p*ssy march) and now children as their representatives and meat puppets. Haven't they yet figured out that identity politics is a losing proposition, and thinking, hard-working people - who make this country run - largely aren't feeling the guilt and self-hatred they wish to impose upon us? Seeing the behavior of the above groups and listening to their proposed solutions which largely affect my kind and less so them, I'm caring less and less which gathering of such gets shot up next.
The left may have been the first to use it but the right is full in with Identity Politics now.

So I get your resentment of the left for starting it -- but both parties are guilty.

Old 03-19-2018, 10:16 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,569,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
You're missing the point. The left/Dems are blatantly racist/sexist and apparently proud of it. It's disgusting and they will pay dearly at election time. Why do you think they lost to an idiot like Trump? They've learned absolutely nothing from this loss and are doomed unless they (and people like you) come to grips with the fact that you're the ultra left and most voters are centrists....and appalled by your hate mongering.
No, what is disgusting is the OP not caring who gets shot up next. What a gem, eh? Get your priorities straight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies