Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2018, 10:19 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Obtuse poster of the day!

I'm tired of the left parading that scrawny, annoying little jerk around...and ignoring the boy whose sister was killed. Talk about having an agenda...
The right is parading the boy whose sister was killed around - why isn't the RIGHT parading around the other kids?

Talk about having an agenda.

Old 03-25-2018, 10:20 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,120,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Obtuse how? Answer the question: when were they supposed to ask him why he was doing what he was doing?
That act is either pretty bad or you should get off mommy's computer!

Old 03-25-2018, 10:20 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I'm curious why not once have Hogg, or Gonzales has asked Cruz why he wanted to kill them ? Seems like an answer, if Cruz answered would be a great place to start analyzing how to prevent these from happening again
When should they have had that little chat? While he pointed a gun at their heads?

Old 03-25-2018, 10:24 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
That act is either pretty bad or you should get off mommy's computer!
Then address the question, when should they have asked him why he was killing students? My response was not obtuse, it directly addressed the comment that was made. You seem to prefer to dodge it by making personal attacks.

Old 03-25-2018, 10:24 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You mean they should have asked him to stop shooting so they could have a chat and explain why he was killing them
People in a well regulated militia, would be returning fire. Cowards would be in the fetal position waiting for their execution.

Old 03-25-2018, 10:25 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,179 posts, read 13,461,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Why are people in other countries marching against our constitution? I don’t march against the British monarchy, even though I cannot believe people there still want to hand over tax money to a family that has no power because of tradition. If people of England want to do that, it’s no skin off my back.
I have no idea, they may be US Students studying at Universities in London and the UK.

The UK has around 200,000 Americans living here, the majority of whom live in London.

As far as Iam concerned the US is more than capable of deciding it's own laws on guns, and I have evety respect for the US and it's constitution.

Old 03-25-2018, 10:26 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
People in a well regulated militia, would be returning fire. Cowards would be in the fetal position waiting for their execution.
So we are going to put well regulated militias in every classroom? That might work but I'm not sure where you will find the well regulated militia

Old 03-25-2018, 10:27 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Then address the question, when should they have asked him why he was killing students? My response was not obtuse, it directly addressed the comment that was made. You seem to prefer to dodge it by making personal attacks.
That's all they've got. That poster knows the post we were responding to was stupid, he's just trying to save face for his fellow cons. It's so cute how they herd together to protect each other.

Old 03-25-2018, 10:38 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
If I'm a republican politician, particularly one that is firm on the 2nd amendment, I am shaking in my boots after what I saw yesterday.

Millions and millions of Generation Z Americans are mobilizing and organizing. They aren't just talking, they aren't just posting on Facebook, they're actually going to vote. And it seems that an overwhelming percentage of Generation Z will be voting democrat over the next decade.

This "blue wave" in November that everyone is talking about and that many conservatives pretend not to be worried about is very real. And it is being led by the millions and millions of teenagers across the country that will be voting in November and the rest who will be eligible to vote come 2020.

And at the same time as you have these young people showing up to vote blue over the next 5-10 years, you also have the largest demographic of the far right, old white men baby boomers, who will begin to die off.

Old 03-25-2018, 10:53 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,179 posts, read 13,461,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
If I'm a republican politician, particularly one that is firm on the 2nd amendment, I am shaking in my boots after what I saw yesterday.

Millions and millions of Generation Z Americans are mobilizing and organizing. They aren't just talking, they aren't just posting on Facebook, they're actually going to vote. And it seems that an overwhelming percentage of Generation Z will be voting democrat over the next decade.

This "blue wave" in November that everyone is talking about and that many conservatives pretend not to be worried about is very real. And it is being led by the millions and millions of teenagers across the country that will be voting in November and the rest who will be eligible to vote come 2020.

And at the same time as you have these young people showing up to vote blue over the next 5-10 years, you also have the largest demographic of the far right, old white men baby boomers, who will begin to die off.
The Left will end up making a mess as always (they constantly do in the UK), and people will march against the Government whatever it's political persuasion, as that's just the nature of politics.

If you want to be popular in politics be part of the opposition party rather than the one Governing, as it's very easy to criticise when your not actually in power.

This applies to most democratic countries, and over the years you hear the media stating that the left is dead or the right is dead, but people are fickle and the one thing that no generation likes is taxes, and I am sure Generation Z won't like them in the future.

Most people really want centre ground sensible politics, however the current generation seem to have abandoned that, however they may change their minds, as the saying goes you should be careful what you wish for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies