Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 10:55 AM

2,532 posts, read 1,867,649 times

Advertisements

Don't make sense liberals feel so strongly about banning guns but consider abortion to be a "right".

Old 03-25-2018, 11:03 AM

9,525 posts, read 4,350,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
If I'm a republican politician, particularly one that is firm on the 2nd amendment, I am shaking in my boots after what I saw yesterday.

Millions and millions of Generation Z Americans are mobilizing and organizing. They aren't just talking, they aren't just posting on Facebook, they're actually going to vote. And it seems that an overwhelming percentage of Generation Z will be voting democrat over the next decade.

This "blue wave" in November that everyone is talking about and that many conservatives pretend not to be worried about is very real. And it is being led by the millions and millions of teenagers across the country that will be voting in November and the rest who will be eligible to vote come 2020.

And at the same time as you have these young people showing up to vote blue over the next 5-10 years, you also have the largest demographic of the far right, old white men baby boomers, who will begin to die off.
I'm an independent. The march pretty much put the final nail in the coffin of any chance I will vote for a Democrat in the upcoming elections. Their shameless willingness to capitalize on a tragedy makes me physically ill. Luckily, I believe most Americans are smart enough to see through this farce and the Dems are about to take a serious thumping at the polls. They've learned nothing from the Clinton debacle.

Old 03-25-2018, 01:22 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,126,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I'm not sure who is triggered any longer. LOL I think we all have our fun on here. Don't know about you or these other posters but I am calm AF.

I think many of these posters are just threatened, afraid, and feel powerless. The youth are our future and they are finally making changes. It won't be the first time!
I won't be threatened. You seem to be confused about who has the actual power.

Old 03-25-2018, 01:24 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,126,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
You can be a gun owner and still want common sense gun reform.
Except you won't come out and say what that actually means.

Old 03-25-2018, 01:26 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,747,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
You can be a gun owner and still want common sense gun reform.
I know many gun owners who fit this statement. My brother for one. The three retired servicemen (and servicewoman) who now teach in my school. Only one of my hunting friends is decidedly against all gun control laws.

Old 03-25-2018, 01:35 PM

29,511 posts, read 14,679,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Obtuse poster of the day!

I'm tired of the left parading that scrawny, annoying little jerk around...and ignoring the boy whose sister was killed. Talk about having an agenda...
Lol, i agree...it's like trying to have a logical conversation with a 4 year old....SMH

Old 03-25-2018, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Obtuse how? Answer the question: when were they supposed to ask him why he was doing what he was doing?
FFS...these two have been all over the media since the shooting, you mean to tell me there hasn't been an opportunity to set something up ? If i was one of the surviving students i sure would love a chance at sitting across from him and asking why. Knowing what caused him to snap, would be certainly help getting to the root causes of why these are happening, and might just lead a way to some solutions....although that doesn't seem like the direction this is all headed.

Old 03-25-2018, 01:47 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,316,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
Don't make sense liberals feel so strongly about banning guns but consider abortion to be a "right".
The converse argument is why does one side care more about unborn babies than they do school kids. Maybe there's some logic to both arguments.

Things are not as black and white in real life as you seem to think they are. Not all liberals are in favor of abortion, I'm not but I don't think the government should be in charge of deciding whether or not a woman can get one. And I'm not in favor of banning all guns, in fact there are very few specific guns that I would like to see taken off the market. And I'm about as liberal as they come.

Old 03-25-2018, 01:53 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,316,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
FFS...these two have been all over the media since the shooting, you mean to tell me there hasn't been an opportunity to set something up ? If i was one of the surviving students i sure would love a chance at sitting across from him and asking why. Knowing what caused him to snap, would be certainly help getting to the root causes of why these are happening, and might just lead a way to some solutions....although that doesn't seem like the direction this is all headed.
Ok so these students are supposed to march into the jail and demand that Nikolas Cruz sit down and answer their questions? Get real, the jail doesn't arrange meetings like that and Cruz has an attorney who I'm sure has already instructed him not to answer any questions or engage in any discussions about the shooting.

You don't know what you would do if you were a surviving student and neither do I because neither of us have gone through that.

Old 03-25-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Ok so these students are supposed to march into the jail and demand that Nikolas Cruz sit down and answer their questions? Get real, the jail doesn't arrange meetings like that and Cruz has an attorney who I'm sure has already instructed him not to answer any questions or engage in any discussions about the shooting.

You don't know what you would do if you were a surviving student and neither do I because neither of us have gone through that.
So instead, lets just forget about the person and his reasons for doing it and focus on the tools he used to carry it out. Great problem solving. People on opposite sides of this argument will never see eye to eye. The thing is, both sides want the same thing, these tragedies to end. One side though, thinks by eliminating the one item being used ,it will somehow deter them from wanting to kill, or that these tools are somehow the reason these young adults decide to kill while the other side wants to deal with things rationally and uses facts.

The momentum these kids have built, no matter how misguided is impressive, changes will happen, that i'm sure of. I'm also sure we, on the opposite side will have the chance to say "i told you so", by then it will be too late. It is what it is, i'll just deal with the changes as they come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.