Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2018, 11:27 AM

32,912 posts, read 19,604,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
The majority of Americans are for stricter gun control laws, which include better data bank of those with violent pasts, mental health issues that can be easily access by state officials, extending the waiting period to get a gun, end the lop holes some states have to bypass any sort of waiting period nor screening and finally better control of who gets access to weapons like the AR-15.

As I have said before I am a gun owner, I’m for the second amendment but those are common sense steps that most Americans are for.
and NONE of those are about banning a specific type of weapon....

I have no problem with background checks...I support that (which has been done for years)
I have no problem with expanded background checks....to include mental health (and no, it wont infringe on HIPAA)
I have no problem with expanded background checks....to include those with violent pasts (already law under the Lautenberg act )
I have no problem with smart guns
I have no problem eliminating the garbage bumpstocks
I have no problem with even raising the age to buy to 21

yet all the fascist liberals do is scream "ban all semi-automatic guns"(too include shotguns).... and confiscate all............then they lie and call weapons LIKE the ar15...WMD, militarized, assault weapons...which they ARE NOT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2018, 11:27 AM

7,528 posts, read 4,407,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I hope not. The Democrats take all the Soros, PUBLIC and private Unions, and Bloomberg bribes. They have a lot more money than the puny NRA.

Top ten political donors. None Republican.

None of the Top 10 Biggest Political Donors are Republican
Amazing isn't it, that Democrats think that we are all that stupid? Everything that they claim to be against is exactly what they do.

Old 03-25-2018, 11:30 AM

32,912 posts, read 19,604,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Then you will lose. The tide has turned and people see that with owning a gun, there are responsibilities and asking for a waiting period, background checks on all individuals, closing gun shows loop holes are common sense steps that a law abiding gun owner should not have a problem with.
but that is NOT what the fascist liberals are pushing.... they are pushing BANNING....just like hitler did

Old 03-25-2018, 11:33 AM

7,528 posts, read 4,407,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Don't be a Fudd. Either you are for the Second Amendment or you are against it.

Somewhere in this trainwreck of a thread I went into more detail but it boils down to this:

ALL guns can kill. Most all gun designs can be traced back to the military, where they were designed to increase firepower, ammo capacity and rate of fire over what was available previously.

Firearms technology has long since plateaued... the AR 15 was designed in the 1950's for example, and it's not complex stuff. Advances in computer technology (3d printing, home CNC machines) and metalurgy means reliable guns of any kind can already be made at home by relatively unskilled people.

Humans have been killing each other since before they could be called "human" and our minds are physiologically the same as cavemen. Senseless violence is not caused by guns... it's rooted in the human condition itself.

If the goal is to stop crazy people from going on rampages, gun control is like putting bandaids on a heart-attack victim. Anti-gun people will never get it though and WILL continuously seek to criminalize the ownership of every gun they can, one catagory at a time when each restriction inevitably fails to end the violence... just like the rest of the Western World did.

In the end I'm against gun control for a very basic, simple reason. I don't want to be turned into a criminal despite doing nothing wrong and when the proposed "cure" for the the social ill isn't gonna fix anything anyway. NOT AN INCH.
Chango, I've read all your posts on this thread, they're all great. I can't give you enough thumbs up. But God damn it, you took all the word's outta' my mouth and beat me to it!

Old 03-25-2018, 11:38 AM

13,137 posts, read 22,899,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
Chango, I've read all your posts on this thread, they're all great. I can't give you enough thumbs up. But God damn it, you took all the word's outta' my mouth and beat me to it!
Thanks, just try to call it as I see it.

Old 03-25-2018, 11:48 AM

18,563 posts, read 9,252,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Anyone with a brain can see these marches are being funded by progressive billionaires/millionaires and Hollywood bubblegum chewers. These kids are being manipulated to complete the "transformation" Obama started.

This is a really sad day for Constitutionalists and Constructionists. The Marxists are accomplishing what they could not in the 30s.

Adults amazed that the left are allowing children to dictate the rules. THAT is how ignorant they are of what is actually happening.
It’s a conspiracy.

Old 03-25-2018, 11:50 AM

8,435 posts, read 4,430,980 times
Well ... all of this could be some complicated conspiracy by Marxists/Propagandists/Constitutionalists designed to take away rights, dismantle the constitution, and bring anarchy to the US.

Or maybe its just a bunch of kids afraid of getting shot.

Old 03-25-2018, 11:57 AM

13,137 posts, read 22,899,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Well ... all of this could be some complicated conspiracy by Marxists/Propagandists/Constitutionalists designed to take away rights, dismantle the constitution, and bring anarchy to the US.

It's a strategic gameplan of a group of power-hungry Leftist who are using a bunch of scared kids to reposition themselves in order to acquire more power.

Why is this so hard for some people to see?

Old 03-25-2018, 12:10 PM

23,649 posts, read 14,214,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post

I remember in Dharan, at the Consulate school, when some students played a joke on my science teacher, a fake hand grenade rolled out, and he said (reportedly), "OH MY GOD!".

WHERE WAS THE COUNTRY WHEN THINGS LIKE THIS WERE HAPPENING TO AMERICANS?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973_R..._Am_Flight_110

Yes, I have my cross to bear and YES, I feel very bitter when people think it is only happening "now".

These kids don't know what's it is about, what is the big picture.

If it isn't the individual, it will be the organization. If it isn't one means of maiming and killing, it will be another.

If they are really serious, they need to recognize what it is all about, of why they are targets.

Finally, on a side note to this "misunderstanding", like the French Air France aircrew at Entebbe, like this gentleman, Arnaud Beltrame: France lauds policeman who swapped with hostage - BBC News
the French are not cowards.

Old 03-25-2018, 12:11 PM

42,832 posts, read 26,573,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I loved the video of a reporter walking through the crowd of kids asking "So, you want to ban assault weapons right?" YES,YES, YES! Then he asked "what is a assault weapon" and the answers were just precious. Ummm, ahhh, ummmm.
Yeah, these kids are soooo smart and know way more than any adult does...
Can you find that video for us, I'd love to see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies