Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2018, 02:18 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
There are laws in most states against texting and driving. Now back on topic, what does the GOP propose to fix the problem of gun violence in our country?
What if there is no fix?

How is the war on drugs working?

How is the war on terror working?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2018, 02:22 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,037,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
And it's MY right to call you out on your hypocrisy "Johnny Foreigner". You still can't come to grips with the fact that the UK is one of THEE most violent countries in the world. THAT "my friend" of which you are not, is the shameful truth of violent crime "over there". "Johnny Foreigner" keeps on repeating the same old crap ad nauseam. But that's okay violent crime is okay with "Johnny Foreigner" as long as no one is killed. I hope to Christ that one day "Johnny Foreigner" becomes a victim of a violent crime and "Johnny Foreigner's" only option is to call some unarmed bobbies to his aid. By the time they arrive "Johnny Foreigner" will have either been beaten to a pulp or maybe even stabbed to death? LOL.

It's about time that "Johnny Foreigner" get his own house in order before "Johnny Foreigner" make any comments about what goes on over here. Obviously "Johnny Foreigner" has no idea of how to solve the problems within his own country or there wouldn't be any violent crime over there, now would there be "Johnny Foreigner"? If "Johnny Foreigner" were so God damn smart then "Johnny Foreigner's" government would just come to "Johnny Foreigner" for all the answers. Why even have a government when "Johnny Foreigner" knows how to solve everything?

Brazil has 60,000 murders per year and some of the strictest gun laws in the world. How do you explain that "Johnny Foreigner"? Is "Johnny Foreigner" railing on and on over that? What's "Johnny Foreigner's" solution to that? I'm sure the Brazilian government has an open line for "Johnny Foreigner". Guess what "Johnny Foreigner"? They may even relax it's gun laws. What say you "Johnny Foreigner"?

I already answered your stupid little question in a previous post:

You still haven't addressed mine, Why is that "Johnny Foreigner"?

How 'bout this one?
As to how "Johnny Foreigner" would like it if someone barged into "Johnny Foreigner's" home uninvited, and demand that "Johnny Foreigner" decorate "Johnny Foreigner's" home and run "Johnny Foreigner's" household to their liking? Because that's exactly what "Johnny Foreigner" is doing on this forum. Yet "Johnny Foreigner" can't figure out why some people resent that?

Or this one:
How would "Johnny Foreigner" like it if "Johnny Foreigner's" government one day decided that all of the reading materials within "Johnny Foreigner's" home were declared contraband and that "Johnny Foreigner" will be charged with a felony? That's what gun control advocates such as "Johnny Foreigner" are demanding only instead of reading materials it's lawfully owned guns and the relinquishing of a number of Constitutionally guaranteed rights. Specifically the 2nd, 4th and 5th Amendments to the U.S. Constitution. Arguably the 6th, 8th, 9th and 10th Amendments as well.

My God you really do have a cement head as I've got to keep on copying and pasting from my previous post and nothing seems to penetrate?
Ha ha, 70 gun deaths to 10000-20000 gun deaths and I am supposed to believe we have the problem!! You couldn't make it up!! I really couldn't care less if you like my view or not I am waiting for your comments on the extortionately high amount of people shot to death in the USA every year? It is Astronomically high, what are you going to do about it? The blood is on the hands of people just like you that refuse to even admit there is a problem! What is your comment on this:-

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...cs-maps-charts

Can you see just how out of sync the US is with the rest of the first world? It is such an outlier its ridiculous!

Old 03-25-2018, 02:36 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
What if there is no fix?

How is the war on drugs working?

How is the war on terror working?
We have to try just as we are doing for drug abuse and terrorism.

Old 03-25-2018, 02:37 PM

4,800 posts, read 3,511,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Ha ha, 70 gun deaths to 10000-20000 gun deaths and I am supposed to believe we have the problem!! You couldn't make it up!! I really couldn't care less if you like my view or not I am waiting for your comments on the extortionately high amount of people shot to death in the USA every year? It is Astronomically high, what are you going to do about it? The blood is on the hands of people just like you that refuse to even admit there is a problem! What is your comment on this:-

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...cs-maps-charts

Can you see just how out of sync the US is with the rest of the first world? It is such an outlier its ridiculous!
If we are so out of sync, why does everyone want to come here, or call us when tragedy strikes them. Remember WW2, yes, you called us and the lend lease program saved your butt. ANd, you just finished paying it off a few years ago.
Gun Banning is just the way for a government to control law abiding citizens.
We are not going to fail like the Brits when it comes to 2A.
A Brief History of British Gun Control, (or, How to Disarm the Law Abiding Populace by Stealth), by P.A. Luty

Old 03-25-2018, 02:43 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,037,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
If we are so out of sync, why does everyone want to come here, or call us when tragedy strikes them. Remember WW2, yes, you called us and the lend lease program saved your butt. ANd, you just finished paying it off a few years ago.
A Brief History of British Gun Control, (or, How to Disarm the Law Abiding Populace by Stealth), by P.A. Luty
Good grief!! STILL NOT ABLE TO ANSWER the question eh!? WTF has WWII got to do with it!! (which started in 39 by the way, you lot didn't join until after we defeated Hitler), now are you going to answer the question or are you going to continue to simply talk about completely irrelevant things? What are YOU going to do about the incredibly high amount of people dying from guns 'over there'? Or are you happy enough for thousands of unnecessary deaths?

Old 03-25-2018, 02:46 PM

35,714 posts, read 21,081,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
So I sat down and watched the entire 3 hour rally... Heir Goebbels would have been impressed but I thought the art was a wee bit more advanced these days.

The narrative was so "by the book":

What are you scared of? Getting killed by someone with a gun! (insert some scary stories of death and violence here).

What do we want you to to believe is the root of the problem? Public ownership of guns! (insert scary AR15 video with sinister music/unverified statistics here)

Who's to blame? The evil NRA and Legislators who don't push gun control! (Insert more scary NRA vieos and blame gun control fence-sitters)

Attention spans are finite...Getting bored? Watch Miley and Ariana sing! You've heard of them, right?

What's the solution? Vote Democrat!!! Yay!

Some things were freaking hilarious. At one point, one of the speakers said, yeah there's famous singers and movie stars in the audience but this is real life! Not the (flop) Oscars! Never mind this propaganda piece had a budget in the hundreds of millions and quietly paid travel expenses for tens of thousands of warm bodies to be there for pictures and videos of impressive crowds... yeah, that's real life all right. Add just the right amount of nervous kids being nervous but who somehow pull it all together just as they make their talk's "point" with fire and ambition... seems legit, right?

When the shaved head militant girl gave her speech, she literally pulled a tactic straight out of #$Ă·ing Adolph Hitler's speech playbook... stand there silent and scowling for an awkwardly long time so the crowd could build anticipation for her to say something that would surely be earth-shattering.

And then to top it off, they attempted do what all propaganda tries to do: turn the world upside-down and convince the audience that making MORE restrictions on people somehow makes them more free.

And to seal the deal, they tried to tap into religious zeal gospel style and make the whole thing into a memorable psuedo-religious experience.

People of America... I don't even care what your personal stance on gun control is anymore, but please, just tell me you are more sophisticated than 100 year old propaganda techniques. Cause if you're not... we are ALL doomed to repeat the horrors of the previous century.
Frightening isn’t it ?

Old 03-25-2018, 02:48 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
I agree, and why did the people that funded this march go out of their way to hide their identitys via a 501 C status. They are from Encino Ca, hmm, same as SOROS last one when he did the Charlotteville March? HMmmm
Could you elaborate on that please?

Old 03-25-2018, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Everyone wants to come here, are you serious?

Old 03-25-2018, 02:52 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,359,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Believe me, you want the GOP to figure it out before the other side does!
I've got some ideas but I'll bet you Liberals will never go along with it?

(1)If an individual is found mentally unstable with violent tendencies in a court of law they shall be institutionalized for the rest of their lives.

(2)Anyone convicted in a court of law for any violent crime shall spend the rest of their lives in prison with absolutely no chance of parole. Any violent crime.

(3)Anyone that murders an innocent individual and is convicted in a court of law shall receive the death penalty within 3 weeks of their conviction. And is sentenced to die in the same manner as they killed their victim(s). If there are multiple victims they will be sentenced to die in a slow and torturous manner. After all you can't kill someone two or more times. You've gotta' somehow make them pay for each victim. If they kill two people then it should take two days for them to die and so on.

(4)Three strikes and your out, for habitual non violent crimes. Any non violent crime.

(5)Castration and life in prison with absolutely no chance of parole for those who commit sex crimes.

(6)Any adult that steals gets one finger amputated for each theft. Children that steal get sent to a juvenile detention center until at which time it is determined that the child has learned their lesson.

(7)Drug offenses for users only get sent to rehabilitation facilities under strict supervision until which time it is determined that they can lead clean productive lives.

(8)Drug traffickers dealers get life in prison with absolutely no chance of parole. If someone dies or kills another while under the influence of drugs and it's proven who sold the drugs to that individual then the death penalty will apply to the dealer same as if they were the killer themselves.

(9)Hold those who knowingly serve intoxicating beverages to intoxicated people responsible for that persons actions along with the person who is intoxicated.

(10)Hold government agencies and the individual(s) working for them personally responsible for failing to act when they have enough information to question and detain individuals of whom they know are a danger to themselves and or others. This unto itself may have prevented some of these mass shootings. They shall receive the same criminal penalties as the criminal themselves.

What say you Liberals? Good Idea's?

Old 03-25-2018, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
I've got some ideas but I'll bet you Liberals will never go along with it?

(1)If an individual is found mentally unstable with violent tendencies in a court of law they shall be institutionalized for the rest of their lives.

(2)Anyone convicted in a court of law for any violent crime shall spend the rest of their lives in prison with absolutely no chance of parole. Any violent crime.

(3)Anyone that murders an innocent individual and is convicted in a court of law shall receive the death penalty within 3 weeks of their conviction. And is sentenced to die in the same manner as they killed their victim(s). If there are multiple victims they will be sentenced to die in a slow and torturous manner. After all you can't kill someone two or more times. You've gotta' somehow make them pay for each victim. If they kill two people then it should take two days for them to die and so on.

(4)Three strikes and your out, for habitual non violent crimes. Any non violent crime.

(5)Castration and life in prison with absolutely no chance of parole for those who commit sex crimes.

(6)Any adult that steals gets one finger amputated for each theft. Children that steal get sent to a juvenile detention center until at which time it is determined that the child has learned their lesson.

(7)Drug offenses for users only get sent to rehabilitation facilities under strict supervision until which time it is determined that they can lead clean productive lives.

(8)Drug traffickers dealers get life in prison with absolutely no chance of parole. If someone dies or kills another while under the influence of drugs and it's proven who sold the drugs to that individual then the death penalty will apply to the dealer same as if they were the killer themselves.

(9)Hold those who knowingly serve intoxicating beverages to intoxicated people responsible for that persons actions along with the person who is intoxicated.

(10)Hold government agencies and the individual(s) working for them personally responsible for failing to act when they have enough information to question and detain individuals of whom they know are a danger to themselves and or others. This unto itself may have prevented some of these mass shootings. They shall receive the same criminal penalties as the criminal themselves.

What say you Liberals? Good Idea's?
How about you try again with the US Constitution in mind?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies