Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2018, 01:39 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,878,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Have you read the proposed legislation? You do realize there's a grandfather clause so every last AR-15 and high capacity magazine that is in private hands will STILL be in private hands right? You know it will STILL be legal to buy/sell/trade the stuff.

You know few private sellers are gonna bother to go to a gun store and pay the 50 bucks or so for what would be a legal transfer under that proposed legislation?

You get that for the price of a nice AR15 you can get a hobby CNC mill with the capability of turning a block of aluminum into a functioning AR15 receiver? You know that the rest of the parts (including full-auto specific parts) are legally not firearms and can be bought and sold online 24/7?

Please enlighten us... this legislation will make the world a safer place how exactly?
If your GOP can't fix the problem and only has a load of excuses as in your post here, the problem will be fixed by those who replace the impotent GOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2018, 01:44 PM

4,804 posts, read 3,522,032 times
Not many on the left really cares about the kids, or their lost lives. Its really all about control.
Tell a stadium full of high school students that 2500 teenagers a year die from texting while distracted. That's 8 a day.
Then ask then to give up their phones so they can save lives and make a real difference.
What would they do?
LOL, heck, what would their parents do?

It's not about the lives saved...
Same can be said about gun CONTROl. It has nothing to do about lives being saved
https://www.teensafe.com/blog/teens-...nd-statistics/

Old 03-25-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Not many on the left really cares about the kids, or their lost lives. Its really all about control.
Tell a stadium full of high school students that 2500 teenagers a year die from texting while distracted. That's 8 a day.
Then ask then to give up their phones so they can save lives and make a real difference.
What would they do?
LOL, heck, what would their parents do?

It's not about the lives saved...
Same can be said about gun CONTROl. It has nothing to do about lives being saved
https://www.teensafe.com/blog/teens-...nd-statistics/
There are laws in most states against texting and driving. Now back on topic, what does the GOP propose to fix the problem of gun violence in our country?

Old 03-25-2018, 01:52 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,860,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
If your GOP can't fix the problem and only has a load of excuses as in your post here, the problem will be fixed by those who replace the impotent GOP.
That doesn't answer the question.

How does banning the future sale of new weapons that will still be around legally in huge numbers and can already be made at home make America safer!?

Old 03-25-2018, 01:53 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,744,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Anyone with a brain can see these marches are being funded by progressive billionaires/millionaires and Hollywood bubblegum chewers. These kids are being manipulated to complete the "transformation" Obama started.

This is a really sad day for Constitutionalists and Constructionists. The Marxists are accomplishing what they could not in the 30s.

Adults amazed that the left are allowing children to dictate the rules. THAT is how ignorant they are of what is actually happening.
Wow...the paranoia of the right knows absolutely no bounds. Everything is a conspiracy. Geez you guys are unhinged.

Old 03-25-2018, 01:55 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,377,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
That is MY right, and nothing changes the fact that 20'000 people (or so) are shot to death EVERY YEAR in the US, the UK has about 500 murdered IN TOTAL of which around 70 are shot, THAT my friend is the shameful truth of gun crime 'over there', now are you going to actually come up with any suggestions as to how to lower that enormous number or are you going to continuously scrabble around trying to ludicrously suggest that its 'better' to have 20'000 gun murders than to change the law? You might as well try and persuade me that fighting fire with petrol is a good idea! lol.
And it's MY right to call you out on your hypocrisy "Johnny Foreigner". You still can't come to grips with the fact that the UK is one of THEE most violent countries in the world. THAT "my friend" of which you are not, is the shameful truth of violent crime "over there". "Johnny Foreigner" keeps on repeating the same old crap ad nauseam. But that's okay violent crime is okay with "Johnny Foreigner" as long as no one is killed. I hope to Christ that one day "Johnny Foreigner" becomes a victim of a violent crime and "Johnny Foreigner's" only option is to call some unarmed bobbies to his aid. By the time they arrive "Johnny Foreigner" will have either been beaten to a pulp or maybe even stabbed to death? LOL.

It's about time that "Johnny Foreigner" get his own house in order before "Johnny Foreigner" make any comments about what goes on over here. Obviously "Johnny Foreigner" has no idea of how to solve the problems within his own country or there wouldn't be any violent crime over there, now would there be "Johnny Foreigner"? If "Johnny Foreigner" were so God damn smart then "Johnny Foreigner's" government would just come to "Johnny Foreigner" for all the answers. Why even have a government when "Johnny Foreigner" knows how to solve everything?

Quote:
UK is violent crime capital of Europe - Telegraph
www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/...
The United Kingdom is the violent crime capital of Europe and has one of the highest rates of violence in the world, WORSE EVEN THAN IN AMERICA, according to new research.

Violent crime rising in England and Wales, police figures ...
www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/apr/27/violent...
Violent crime rising in England ... There have been “small but genuine” increases in murder and other violent crimes, ... UK knife crime offenders getting longer ...

Social media post says U.K. has far higher violent crime rate ...
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...s/2013/jun/24/...
Jun 23, 2013 · Bier’s primary concern about comparing crime rates in the United Kingdom and the United States is that the ... "UK is violent crime capital of ...
For England and Wales, we added together three crime categories: "violence against the person, with injury," "most serious sexual crime," and "robbery." This produced a rate of 775 violent crimes per 100,000 people. For the United States, we used the FBI’s four standard categories for violent crime that Bier cited. We came up with a rate of 383 violent crimes per 100,000 people.

By the Numbers: Is the UK really 5 times more violent than ...
blog.skepticallibertarian.com/2013/01/12/fact-checking...
There’s been a number of memes circulating claiming that the the United Kingdom has a violent crime rate about 4 or 5 times higher than the United States (see here, ...
2. “In the UK there are 2,034 violent crimes per 100,000 people. …The US has a violent crime rate of 466 [violent] crimes per 100,000 residents.”
Brazil has 60,000 murders per year and some of the strictest gun laws in the world. How do you explain that "Johnny Foreigner"? Is "Johnny Foreigner" railing on and on over that? What's "Johnny Foreigner's" solution to that? I'm sure the Brazilian government has an open line for "Johnny Foreigner". Guess what "Johnny Foreigner"? They may even relax it's gun laws. What say you "Johnny Foreigner"?
Quote:
Brazil Has Nearly 60,000 Murders, And It May Relax Gun Laws
http://www.npr.org/sections/parallel...3/28/472157969
Mar 27, 2016 · Though gun violence takes a huge toll in Brazil, ... While some Latin American countries have higher per capita murder rates, in absolute numbers, Brazil ...
I already answered your stupid little question in a previous post:
Quote:
I don't have an answer for your stupid questions "Johnny Foreigner". If I did I would be some kind of God or the wealthiest person on earth of which I am neither. Neither does "Johnny Foreigner" for that matter other than advocating that American citizens of which "Johnny Foreigner" IS NOT, give up their individual civil liberties. People have been murdering each other since the beginning of mankind. Because of a lack of individual civil liberties governments have been doing the same to their own people for centuries. WHAT PLANET ARE YOU LIVING ON "JOHNNY FOREIGNER"? LOL. No amount of gun control laws will ever change any of that.

Why don't you just get off of your self righteous soap box "Johnny Foreigner"? It's not going to change a God damn thing as long as there are evil people in this world and there always will be no matter how loud "Johnny Foreigner" screams and stamps his petty little feet. That's reality "Johnny Foreigner". Rendering people defenseless in the face of evil can only make matters worse. Other than a call to 911 the government will not be there to protect anyone. As a matter of fact our Supreme Court on 6/27/2005 has already ruled that they have no duty to protect anyone. All they can do is arrive and investigate after a crime has been committed and hope to catch the perpetrator unless the perpetrator hasn't already killed themselves or been taken out by another individual with MY GOD A GUN!

You still haven't addressed mine, Why is that "Johnny Foreigner"?

How 'bout this one?
As to how "Johnny Foreigner" would like it if someone barged into "Johnny Foreigner's" home uninvited, and demand that "Johnny Foreigner" decorate "Johnny Foreigner's" home and run "Johnny Foreigner's" household to their liking? Because that's exactly what "Johnny Foreigner" is doing on this forum. Yet "Johnny Foreigner" can't figure out why some people resent that?

Or this one:
How would "Johnny Foreigner" like it if "Johnny Foreigner's" government one day decided that all of the reading materials within "Johnny Foreigner's" home were declared contraband and that "Johnny Foreigner" will be charged with a felony? That's what gun control advocates such as "Johnny Foreigner" are demanding only instead of reading materials it's lawfully owned guns and the relinquishing of a number of Constitutionally guaranteed rights. Specifically the 2nd, 4th and 5th Amendments to the U.S. Constitution. Arguably the 6th, 8th, 9th and 10th Amendments as well.

My God you really do have a cement head as I've got to keep on copying and pasting from my previous post and nothing seems to penetrate?

Old 03-25-2018, 01:57 PM

Quote:
That doesn't answer the question.

How does banning the future sale of new weapons that will still be around legally in huge numbers and can already be made at home make America safer!?
Believe me, you want the GOP to figure it out before the other side does!

Old 03-25-2018, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Believe me, you want the GOP to figure it out before the other side does!
I know. Once your side is done, I'll be locked in a "re-education" camp out in the Nevada desert counting my rib bones and wondering what they did with the bodies of my dead children.

Old 03-25-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
I know. Once your side is done, I'll be locked in a "re-education" camp out in the Nevada desert counting my rib bones and wondering what they did with the bodies of my dead children.
Then I advise you to write your congressperson to find a solution to our gun violence.

Old 03-25-2018, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Then I advise you to write your congressperson to find a solution to our gun violence.
How about I continue resist your Hitlerly murder cult ideals instead?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies