Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2018, 06:26 PM

50,294 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Tide is turning. See how many people turned out yesterday nationwide in favor of gun control. They weren't all Dems.
And, here in the US, firearms sales will again be @ record rates this year and last. So, there's that.

At some point any "ban" will be even more pointless because "assault weapons" are the number one seller.

Old 03-25-2018, 07:03 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,978,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
The Walmart militia vs. the U.S. military....where can I place my bet?
Did the founders give us such a rotten govt. that they knew we would want to shoot our elected officials someday?
In such a situation, do you have any idea how many in the military would defect?

And there is this concept of "guerilla warfare"...

Old 03-25-2018, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Lost in this discussion is the fact that the left has, and has to, compromise with the right. The right has dined on their blather of "no compromise" for so long served up by their own personal news media that they wrongly assume we on the left have the same take no prisoners attitude they themselves do.

Sorry, a lot of people might want to ban assault rifles, but a a lot of people also realize that's not going to happen (there are too many already out there thanks Pepe la Pew LaPierre and Co.) and simply want, insist, that we try to do something, say registration and insurance. Make gun owners (like myself) responsible (legally and financially) for their guns.

Now, watch the righties attack the idea without a shred of consideration for it or any other idea for that matter. Status quo is the ONLY thing they will accept.
First, I am talking about GUN CONTROL AND BANS, not MANDATORY TRAINING. I believe that the government should provide free training classes for everyone who wants to buy a gun, and passing it, along with a free mandatory mental health screening conducted by a licensed therapists with one free second opinion if necessary, should be necessary to own a gun. That way the militia can be "well regulated"....but the far-left would never go for it, because it still allows people to own "scary" guns.

And does the left EVER compromise when it comes to same-sex marriage and letting backers say "no" to making gay wedding cakes?

Both are insane.

Old 03-25-2018, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"among the few remaining trumpers"

PSST, Trump's ratings are going UP

"desperation" is what we see daily from those who suffer from TDS.

The get more ridiculous and desperate every day.
I personally want to go back in time to make sure Trump's father pulls out early, and I am the biggest gun nut you'll ever meet.

This is beyond Trump and anti-Trump.

Old 03-25-2018, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
70% of Independents favor strict gun laws.
50% (and plus) of Republicans and gun owners support stricter gun laws.

Dang Republicans! Dang the Gun Owners!
What does that have to do with the far-left's open desire to ban all guns, including my six shooter that I have a license to carry?

Why does no one bother to read the OP anymore?

Old 03-25-2018, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
MA has some of the most restrictive laws in the country - and also the lowest gun violence.

Actually, Vermont has some of the most lenient gun laws...and the least gun violence. Chicago and Illinois have the toughest gun laws...and gun crime is INSANE.
https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...les-c-w-cooke/

Quote:
I think the major difference in MA. is that (at least in small towns), the Police Chief actually approves your purchase and ownership. Of course, they cannot deny you on a whim....but this stops a guy like Cruz in an instant. No way a Police Chief would allowed a troubled high schooler to buy something in an instant.
So you want POLICE to decide who can and cannot own a gun? Okay...not like the police EVER discriminate against African Americans or anything

Quote:
Reasonable people support reasonable measures. Remember, places like TN and KY had gun violence rates 100X highers (at some points in history) than today. No sane person would support that level of violence.

These "laws" that people rally against are partially responsible for the reductions.
See above about Vermont. It has more to do with socio-economics than it does availability of legally purchased guns. That's why Honduras has a LOT more gun crime than Finland. Just look at this table and see: there is NO correlation between guns per residents and number of deaths by firearm per capita.
https://www.theguardian.com/news/dat...hip-world-list

Old 03-25-2018, 07:20 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Hyperbole much?
Obtuse much? In what universe would legal gun owners give up their guns to moronic liberals?

Old 03-25-2018, 07:23 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Are lefty’s ready to fight a civil war over this? I highly doubt it.
The left fight a civil war? They are eating Tide Pods and trying to figure out what bathroom to use. What are they going to fight with? Rubber dongs and bongs?

TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,278,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Obtuse much? In what universe would legal gun owners give up their guns to moronic liberals?
As a liberal I wouldn't and I'm not going to have to. Neither are you except in your paranoid delusional liberal bashing fantasies.

20,871 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
So next time some Marxist buffoon tells you they don't want "all guns banned," remember this.
Since your own source says that only half of them want all guns banned, why should they be disbelieved if they say they don't? They could be one of the half that *don't* want all guns banned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies