Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 08:44 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I'm not sure how you missed it. It happens every time after a mass shooting right here on C-D. Only thoughts and prayers are considered an appropriate response.

We've heard the voice of the NRA and the gun enthusiasts for years. Wayne LaPierre certainly has made his voice heard, attacking anyone who expresses horror at the unending the carnage. He did it after Sandy Hook, he did it after Parkland. It's his standard M.O.

Now we're starting to hear the voices of those who were the victims of gun violence; those who hid under their desks while their classmates were gunned down in the halls outside. Those are the voices that have been silenced for too long now.
I said I want to hear more than one voice

Right now, the I am NRA's worst nightmare voice is the loudest and I disagree with their opinion.

That is all.

Old 03-26-2018, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
It requires a Class 3 License, fingerprints, background check, a bunch of forms and a $200 Tax Stamp. Full auto rifles are collector's pieces now since the 1986 ban on new manufacturer, and importation, as their number in the U.S. is FINITE. A decent full auto rifle starts at around $20,000, and goes up from there. Short barreled rifles, and sound suppressors require the same thing.
Yep.

Old 03-26-2018, 08:46 AM

50,309 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I said I want to hear more than one voice

Right now, the I am NRA's worst nightmare voice is the loudest and I disagree with their opinion.

That is all.
One thing that "voice" has done is push the sale of semi auto long guns to a fever pitch. That tends to happen when people hear now or never.

Old 03-26-2018, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
One thing that "voice" has done is push the sale of semi auto long guns to a fever pitch. That tends to happen when people hear now or never.
Yep. I don't think people should be surprised by this.

Old 03-26-2018, 09:18 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
They aren't doing anything other than being used by Leftist groups. They didn't think any of this up on their own. It was co-opted from the beginning.

Old 03-26-2018, 09:25 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
They aren't doing anything other than being used by Leftist groups. They didn't think any of this up on their own. It was co-opted from the beginning.
Did you say the same thing about the kids in the '60s who protested Jim Crow and the Vietnam war? This is not the first young generation to look at what the adults in their world have created and to band together to affect social change. And we're seeing it happen again. You don't have to like it, but that's a fact.

Old 03-26-2018, 09:39 AM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Yep. Take them seriously. Nothing else means anything at all, because they ARE the future of the country.
>>>> And the people pushing them with these protests on are counting on them to be clueless, ignorant, impoverished sheep that will do as they're told. Someone explain to me how that's supposed to be a future we can be proud of.

Old 03-26-2018, 09:43 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Did you say the same thing about the kids in the '60s who protested Jim Crow and the Vietnam war? This is not the first young generation to look at what the adults in their world have created and to band together to affect social change. And we're seeing it happen again. You don't have to like it, but that's a fact.
No they weren't sponsored by government run school districts, the American Federation of Teachers, the National Education Association, the Democrats, Bloomberg, Soros, and other Democrat funders, and promoters like these students were.

Old 03-26-2018, 09:57 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
If people in this country don't like our second amendment rights, they should move to whatever gun free utopia they want to live in.

Or, they might just manage to get the Constitution amended. Anyone who thinks that the majority of the nation, including the teenagers about to be old enough to vote, are going to accept the semi monthly mass shootings as part of normal life in America is naïve. Something will be done. Will it be symbolic and achieve nothing? Possibly, with the money the NRA will throw at it. But we have finally reached critical mass on the school shootings. I thought that point would be Newton, when people saw 5 yr old kids get shot up. but even that didn't phase many people. So now it seems the teenagers being shot have decided enough is enough , and the adults wont act, so they will. I don't think it will happen immediately, but every shooting ,and there WILL be more shootings, will throw gasoline on the fire these teenagers have started.

And for this the teenagers have become the new villains of the right, to the point where the right is even inventing lies and photoshopping fake pictures to demonize them. Which tells you about all you need to know to understand the far right .

Old 03-26-2018, 09:58 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Mostly, it's just the people who already own guns adding to their collection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies