Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 11:37 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times

Advertisements

Complete phonies, and beneath that phony exterior, some real twisted people.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:50 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Yeah, notice I said the second Bush family. (George W.)

I can't stand the H. W. Bush family.

This only pertains to W. and Laura as far as how they present their marriage though.

He was a terrible POTUS and what he has done and what he has failed to do since leaving office have ticked me off even more. Although apparently they love him in Africa.

Maybe I should talk about the Carters?
I had no idea George W. was loved in Africa. Is it the paint-by-number paintings?

The Carters seem to be decent, honorable people. Saw a photo of them working on a Habit for Humanity house recently. Too bad Republicans undermined his presidency. So telling that those hostages were released from Iran for Reagan's inauguration. That Bush I pardoned the Iran/Contra conspirators was the cherry on top.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:51 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,764,479 times
It's sickening everything on the airwaves is about trump and all the girls he's done before and it's hard to believe we are living this.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:55 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
It's sickening everything on the airwaves is about trump and all the girls he's done before and it's hard to believe we are living this.
Isn't it though?

Every once in a while we yearn for the good old days when Obama was teased about his Dad jeans.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:00 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,075,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I had no idea George W. was loved in Africa. Is it the paint-by-number paintings?

The Carters seem to be decent, honorable people. Saw a photo of them working on a Habit for Humanity house recently. Too bad Republicans undermined his presidency. So telling that those hostages were released from Iran for Reagan's inauguration. That Bush I pardoned the Iran/Contra conspirators was the cherry on top.
Carter might be decent and honorable but he was inept as President. BTW, Carter himself has defended Trump and has said that the way the press is treating him is reprehensible.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa.../amp/788558001

Despite your snarky comment about W. and his paintings, yes he is well beloved in Africa because of his work with AIDS and other health issues.

From the NYT:

"While George W. Bush is remembered at home for war, terrorism and national security, in Africa he is seen as a lifesaver who as president helped arrest a deadly epidemic and promoted development of impoverished lands. Now out of office, he has devoted his post-presidency in part to continuing to aid the world’s poorest continent.

(Snip)

"While in office, Mr. Bush started the Millennium Challenge Corporation to direct aid to African states that tried to reform corrupt and undemocratic governments. He also initiated the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief, or Pepfar, which invested tens of billions of dollars to fighting H.I.V., and later tackled malaria and tuberculosis.

By the time he left office, millions were receiving retroviral drugs keeping them alive, and polls showed approval of the United States at 65 percent in Tanzania, and in the 70s and 80s in other African countries. During a final trip as president in early 2008, Mr. Bush was warmly greeted by huge crowds of the sort he never saw at home anymore."

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/07/0...ww.google.com/

It's too bad you can't put aside your partisanship for a minute just to have a conversation.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:17 PM

7,975 posts, read 7,354,876 times
Quote:
Isn't it though?

Every once in a while we yearn for the good old days when Obama was teased about his Dad jeans.

You mean his "Mom" jeans.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:18 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
That's because liberal media thinks Trumps sex life is more important than the economy, jobs, world events and the safety of the American people but it's you, the viewer who are telling them that. Just change the channel and that will solve the problem for you.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:21 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Isn't it though?

They are only giving you what you want. As long as people tune in and their ratings are up they they pound it into the ground just like they did with the so called Russia collusion which turned out to be a dud DUH!

Old 03-26-2018, 12:23 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
No, I don't believe the poster is boasting...just stating a fact.

I've been a school cafeteria cook for years, and I've observed it first hand, and definitely heard about it from other cafeteria staff in other area schools. The whole wheat buns were NOT popular. One enterprising student went to WalMart before class and purchased packages of white hamburger buns. These he sold in the cafeteria...substituted for the wheat sandwich buns, which were thrown away. Enterprising kid, I heard he did this for months and made quite a profit. He's long since graduated.

The mandatory "you must take a piece of fruit with your lunch" resulted in a dumpster full of fresh apples, bananas, and oranges. All to waste (one co-worker wanted to retrieve the apples to feed to the pigs she raises on her farm, but was not allowed).

The fact is, lunch sales have declined in our district (students must be deemed financially eligible to receive free/reduced lunches). The majority of students purchase lunches. Being required to discontinue our popular "ala carte" station cost a further loss in revenue. Students were able to buy, for cash, alternative menu items that rotated every two weeks...hot dog bar, deli sub bar, taco bar, baked potato bar, stuffed peppers, meatloaf, pierogi, shepherds pie, etc. Our bakery department also baked cookies from scratch...including large personalized decorated cookies that students and staff could order.

I'm not saying Michelle Obama is to blame...but I frequently hear derogatory comments about her from students and their parents in regard to school lunches. Most frequently we're asked, "When are the lunches going to change back now that Michelle Obama is out?"
We do volunteer work at lunch time a couple days a week in one of our local elementary schools. Many of the kids are on the federal lunch program and what they get to eat is sad, almost as sad as the food they waste. I can guarantee people Michelle's lunch program is a huge flop.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:27 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Well we've had a catholic in the white house, an actor and now a character actor so why not the first black man. All that's missing is the First Woman president.
I am sure the majority of us have not problem with a woman president. In fact many of us would welcome one, but it has to be the right one. She can not be a lib or a racist by any means nor can she be too progressive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies