Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2018, 05:31 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I think it was a combination of factors. Hollywood always thinks in terms of optics.

Maybe they do have a zero tolerance policy for racism at work, but Roseanne didn't do anything at work.

So, I think it was both, really.
I think ABC knew this likely wasn't a one-time deal from Roseanne. She's long been tweeting far right conspiracy theories and saying derogatory things about black women, etc.

She was never going to stop and soon the only thing ABC would be known for would be Roseanne's tweets.

Old 06-01-2018, 05:48 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,492,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I think ABC knew this likely wasn't a one-time deal from Roseanne. She's long been tweeting far right conspiracy theories and saying derogatory things about black women, etc.

She was never going to stop and soon the only thing ABC would be known for would be Roseanne's tweets.
Correction. At one time she was making far left racist remarks. But you are right it has been going on a long time.

Old 06-01-2018, 07:50 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,754,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Barr's cancellation wasn't a reaction to advertisers or viewers...it was her employer applying a zero tolerance to racist comments.

They weren't playing.

I do think it was a teachable moment and i don't know if they had to fire her.

Not my company -- not my call.
It's hilarious how lefties can go all Ayn Rand in an instant when companies do things they like.

Old 06-01-2018, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
It's hilarious how lefties can go all Ayn Rand in an instant when companies do things they like.
Breaking news. The left is not all communists. Not even close.

Old 06-01-2018, 08:09 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,754,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Breaking news. The left is not all communists. Not even close.
The point is... when companies do things y'all don't like, we never, ever hear slogans like "not my company, not my call". Appeals to overriding principle ring very hollow coming from the left.

Old 06-01-2018, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
The point is... when companies do things y'all don't like, we never, ever hear slogans like "not my company, not my call". Appeals to overriding principle ring very hollow coming from the left.
If you are not hearing it then step out of your echo chamber. I have heard it plenty,

Old 06-01-2018, 10:32 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,046,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Its apparently a word YOU don't know the definition to. You had to google it, to find out what it actually meant...whilst I knew what it meant all along, hence my post.

So in other words take a bunch of stuff that isn't in her comment, add it to the comment, pretend she said it, do some liberal abracadabra, and SHAZZAM, "racist"!

And btw she was referring to one person, not all black people. Where in her tweet is the belief that a particular race is superior to another? Or even any information conveying that some specific attribute or trait is deemed "superior"? Which is obviously a very subjective term, in any case. Who is the arbiter of what kinds of characteristics merit being deemed "inferior" or "superior"?

Clearly you must have some personal idea of this, otherwise you couldn't come to the conclusion that the comment should be construed as one vs the other? Apparently in your mind, you make associations, judgments, and then attach a label to it, and this process causes you some grief or outrage.

So maybe the problem is YOU?

So your friends jump on the virtue-signalling bandwagon out of fear of the liberal lynch mob, and to you that validates the entire kerfuffle over a joke.

That is pretty much classic snowflake procedure. Confirmation bias from your echo chamber. You people see racism everywhere. Only problem is you don't even know what the word means! LOL.

Oh, where is that in the definition of "racism"? You just made that up. You think its dehumanizing to compare someone to an ape, even if they look a lot like an ape?

Its a joke...she does look exactly like the character in the film. How is it dehumanizing, anyway? The apes in the film are as intelligent as humans. Have you never seen the film?

Sure, what the hell was I thinking? A dictionary describing something? The audacity.

Only those who have the secret racist decoder ring can truly describe racism. Of course.

Words have meaning...I suggest you learn them, and how to use them, so that you can communicate with the rest of us.
A word is just a word with a difination in a dictionary. I suggest you actually experience these words before you make judgements on those who did. Then maybe you can accurately communicate with the rest us. 😄

Old 06-02-2018, 04:15 AM

16,274 posts, read 10,398,910 times
I've kind of known Rosanne was the white trash character she portrays. it never really bother me until all of this. I mean she is now psycho. She can't decide is she wants to apologize or fight back. When the guy who played her son spoke out about her horrible tweet she attacks him, then comes back to show love.

WTF woman, get it straight. You are not a good person. Good people do not call AAs apes. And good people do not defend that tweet on message boards.

Old 06-02-2018, 04:35 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,796,708 times
Roseanne is the obnoxious aunt that everyone tolerates because she's family.

She's the one who asks your Uncle Bob how tall he is, then says he didn't know they stacked **** that high. She cackles in delight while everyone else cringes.

She's the one who tells your sister she's too fat to attract a decent guy, so she has to settle for the losers.

She's the one who eats half the Angel Pie your mom brought to the family potluck then claims she got food poisoning from it.

Eventually, everyone just quits having anything to do with her.

That's what's happening now.

If the Trump thumpers want to see more of her nonsense, they should petition Fox to bring her back. But everyone else, including her agents, are tired of her shtick. This was the final straw.

Old 06-02-2018, 06:31 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,292,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Enjoy the butt whipping coming your way!

Donald Trump is our President and no amount of snowflake tears and tantrums is going to change that no matter how many times you label everything you don’t like racist or call everyone you don’t like Russian trolls.

LOL.
Butt whipping?

What exactly is going to happen to those of us who disagree with you and your gang?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies