Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2018, 09:23 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
She also called recently Chelsea Clinton and David Hogg nazis. This from a woman who once dressed up as Adolph Hitler and removed a tray of gingerbread cookies from an oven and called then gingerbread jews. A woman who ten years ago denied the holocaust. Now says George Soros kills jews.

Why anyone defends this racist lunatic is beyond me.
Which is strange because she is Jewish and she was once very politically active on Liberal issues. She's a weirdo and maybe relates to Trump because she will go whichever way the wind blows for attention the same way that he does.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:30 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
So you people don’t even have original thoughts. You all have just glommed on to what some moron printed in an op-ed in Harpers. Bwahahahahaaha!

Typical liberals - brain dead lemmings.
Nice, intelligent retort.

Can't debate the truth or facts of my post so have to resort to name-calling.

Another poster I'll never take seriously.

Again, just because you don't want something to be racist doesn't make it not racist.

Comparing a Black person to an ape was, is and always will be racist.
Anyone who pretends otherwise is seriously deluded.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:32 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,225,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Using well-known tropes to describe a member of a group. In this case, it is well-known - or should be well known - that the terms monkey, ape, etc. have been used throughout our country's history to belittle and denigrate black people. Why did people choose primates to which to compare black people? Simple: Primates are our closest "relatives" yet they aren't quite human. They look human and sometimes they act human, but apes and monkeys are not human. And so it goes for the black people are apes comments. Its dehumanizing. Which is exactly what racists yesterday and today try to do to marginalize other groups: dehumanize the "other" so as to feel superior.
So you have inserted several things into a definition...so its YOUR definition, not an actual definition huh?

-well known trope (not an element of the definition)
-member of a group (not a member of a group...you have created a group, placed the subject in it - no evidence the comment refers to a group or even a member of one, since its actually about an individual)
-assuming a current event is the direct continuation of a past one. (not in any way part of the comment or the definition)

So you libs really just do refuse to use the same language as the rest of us eh?

You're "dropping out"?

BTW there is no need to "dehumanize" anyone. There can be humans that aren't so great, and ones that are better, all whilst acknowledging they're all the same species. That's a very juvenile theory, because its completely unnecessary. If anything, comparisons to animals are made to describe a person's uncivilized or animalistic behavior, not to actually seriously suggest that they are not homo sapiens, that would be truly insane.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:34 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Good of you to spell it out, Magritte, but I seriously doubt that these racists need the explanation. They know exactly why they use the terms "apes" and "monkeys" to describe blacks. They do it because it fulfills their goal, as you rightly assess, of dehumanizing them.

Make no mistake, they are fully cognizant of everything you wrote here. The ignorance these racists feign is a smokescreen to hide behind so they can continue their racism unabated.
This.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:35 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
I love how Roseanne shot herself in the foot. She was a nothing for years, after the first series ended, she got a real break when they decided to give all of them a second chance at a successful show, and she couldn't keep her damn mouth shut. Kinda reminds me of the man she looks up to, he causes all of his own problems because of not being able to control his mouth too.

Some people are just their own worst enemy.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Nice, intelligent retort.

Can't debate the truth or facts of my post so have to resort to name-calling.

Another poster I'll never take seriously.

Again, just because you don't want something to be racist doesn't make it not racist
And exactly the same way, just because YOU want something to BE racist, does not make it racist.

So that leaves you where, exactly?

Quote:
Comparing a Black person to an ape was, is and always will be racist.
Anyone who pretends otherwise is seriously deluded.
Nonsense. If that was even what she did, which she did not, it still wouldn't make it "Racist".

Read the definition. IF someone resembles an ape-character or even an actual ape, noting that fact is not "Racist".

You're ridiculous. And I believe, have an intractable case of TDS.

Get help.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:40 AM

Quote:
This.
Is delusional nonsense caused by TDS and generally progressive nuttiness.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:42 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Is delusional nonsense caused by TDS and generally progressive nuttiness.
So you are claiming you never heard blacks derogatorily referred to as apes and monkeys before this? And you seriously think anyone believes you?

We've got your number, phantompilot. You have outed yourself quite thoroughly in this thread, and no amount of feigning ignorance is going to change that now.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:43 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Good of you to spell it out, Magritte, but I seriously doubt that these racists need the explanation. They know exactly why they use the terms "apes" and "monkeys" to describe blacks. They do it because it fulfills their goal, as you rightly assess, of dehumanizing them.

Make no mistake, they are fully cognizant of everything you wrote here. The ignorance these racists feign is a smokescreen to hide behind so they can continue their racism unabated.
I know. But if one doesn't answer then they'll say, "Oh see! They can't answer the question!!!" I know its most likely a waste of my time though.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:44 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
So you have inserted several things into a definition...so its YOUR definition, not an actual definition huh?

-well known trope (not an element of the definition)
-member of a group (not a member of a group...you have created a group, placed the subject in it - no evidence the comment refers to a group or even a member of one, since its actually about an individual)
-assuming a current event is the direct continuation of a past one. (not in any way part of the comment or the definition)

So you libs really just do refuse to use the same language as the rest of us eh?

You're "dropping out"?

BTW there is no need to "dehumanize" anyone. There can be humans that aren't so great, and ones that are better, all whilst acknowledging they're all the same species. That's a very juvenile theory, because its completely unnecessary. If anything, comparisons to animals are made to describe a person's uncivilized or animalistic behavior, not to actually seriously suggest that they are not homo sapiens, that would be truly insane.
LOL You called it JAMS14.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies