Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2018, 11:34 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
What do you mean when you say it won't end well for these kids? Are you planning on shooting them? I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

I think the real issue is that your kind of thinking is going extinct and yer shakin in yer boots.
Conservatives are by definition, people who are afraid of change. Major changes make them very fearful, and the issue of gun control is something that they have been indoctrinated against long before Fox News turned indoctrination into an art form.

So they are indeed fearful of any upcoming changes, especially something foundational. Nothing changed under the steady hand and influence of President Obama, yet you would have thought he was trying to redesign the flag and change the name of our country.

Old 03-31-2018, 11:36 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
It seems to me any moral high ground some people think Hogg deserves in this situation was forfeited the minute he decided not to accept Ingraham's ill advised apology.
Nonsense. She offered up a fake news apology, just like the fake news she spouts on her show, and Hogg called her on it. Good for him. It only makes him more legitimate in the eyes of thinking people.

Ingraham finally got what she had coming, although if more advertisers flee, perhaps she will go the route of Bill O'Reilly, and Fox will be forced to cancel her show.

Old 03-31-2018, 11:36 AM

29,508 posts, read 22,620,513 times
I still cannot get over how stupid this whole situation is.

Anyone that knows me on this forum, would know that I am actually sensitive to certain issues in life.

Now, if Ingraham had tweeted something legitimately offensive such as a racial, sexist, religious, or whatever comment, then I would have wholeheartedly agreed that she deserved what she got.

But all she did was post out legend in his own mind camera hogg's whining about not being accepted into UC, his implication being that based on his 'heroism' on this gun control nonsense, the UC schools should have made an exception for him.

And camera hogg made a mountain out of a molehill, and I am truly disgusted at those adults who enabled this fool. This is the same camera hogg that insulted Republicans, OLD people, and others far worse than what Ingraham posted.

I wonder if the adults that enable fools like hogg realize that young people like him mock and despise older people. Jeezus this whole thing is soooo stupid.

Old 03-31-2018, 11:39 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,836,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
They don't know anything different than what they've been taught in their public sector union, Democrat controlled schools. They are being indoctrinated by the Progressive agenda which thinks Capitalism is unfair, and evil, but Communism is Social, and economic "justice". They are focused on Identity Politics, White Privilege, and retribution against Whites for the ancient past. They are not focused so much on Math, Science, English, real History, etc. That is ancillary to the indoctrination.

God help the reasoned parents who have to deal with kids coming home from school.
Oh, please. Conservatives know all about identity politics, because they're master practitioners of it themselves. Your entire post (and those of other conservatives) exemplifies identity politics, and you're oblivious to that fact.

Old 03-31-2018, 11:41 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I still cannot get over how stupid this whole situation is.

Anyone that knows me on this forum, would know that I am actually sensitive to certain issues in life.

Now, if Ingraham had tweeted something legitimately offensive such as a racial, sexist, religious, or whatever comment, then I would have wholeheartedly agreed that she deserved what she got.

But all she did was post out legend in his own mind camera hogg's whining about not being accepted into UC, his implication being that based on his 'heroism' on this gun control nonsense, the UC schools should have made an exception for him.

And camera hogg made a mountain out of a molehill, and I am truly disgusted at those adults who enabled this fool. This is the same camera hogg that insulted Republicans, OLD people, and others far worse than what Ingraham posted.

I wonder if the adults that enable fools like hogg realize that young people like him mock and despise older people. Jeezus this whole thing is soooo stupid.
Oh well.

Old 03-31-2018, 11:42 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,836,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Have we really descended so far that we need a 1000+ post sticky thread for people hurl insults at a 17 year old and have a gigantic meltdown because a 54 year old woman just discovered that there actually are limits to what she can say before facing negative consequences?
Yes. Clearly, we have.

Old 03-31-2018, 11:44 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Nonsense. She offered up a fake news apology, just like the fake news she spouts on her show, and Hogg called her on it. Good for him. It only makes him more legitimate in the eyes of thinking people.

Ingraham finally got what she had coming, although if more advertisers flee, perhaps she will go the route of Bill O'Reilly, and Fox will be forced to cancel her show.
Yes, get rid of all opposing views. The communist are marching one by one. There is no room for guns and freedom of speech in the left agenda.

Old 03-31-2018, 11:45 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

She did her grovelling, he should just declare victory and move on. But that's not what it's about with this kid. He lives for the conflict and hostility then hides behind his age when he gets called out.

The kid himself is just a nitwit but the power the media is giving him is a bit disturbing. The kid is getting a swelled head and I think he's going to be in for a rude awakening.

Old 03-31-2018, 11:45 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times
Quote:
It seems to me any moral high ground some people think Hogg deserves in this situation was forfeited the minute he decided not to accept Ingraham's ill advised apology.
It ended the day his friends were all photoing themselves smiling and mucking it up backstage before their act on 'Ellen'....BEFORE their "friends" had even been buried.

Old 03-31-2018, 11:47 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
The kid is getting a swelled head and I think he's going to be in for a rude awakening.
And what would that be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies